Author Topic: Current project - Comic series  (Read 871 times)

-Xavier-

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Current project - Comic series
« on: August 06, 2006, 12:01:13 am »
As of right now, I'm making a comic sequal to the Chrono series. The comic will be called the Ashtear Chronicals - This focuses around the story of Arris Ashtear and other descendants of the time heros. Included will be a younger version of Doan (from a normal future, not the post-apocolyptic one), Glenn (in human form), and possibly a descendant of Crono.

My style of cartooning is NOT manga, so if I ever upload pictures, don't be surprised at my style.

If anyone's interested, I'll give you a brief plot summary (for what I have so far)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Current project - Comic series
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 07:38:54 am »
Sounds like a cool idea... Looking forward to seeing it.  :D

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 08:59:01 am »
Fascinating, especially the name "Arris" which can be related to Arris Dome in 2300A.D..

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 09:10:56 am »
If anyone's interested, I'll give you a brief plot summary (for what I have so far)
I think you should give the summary first, so that people can see if they're interested. Without summary nobody can really be interested, just curious.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 10:55:24 am »
Kinda Ironic XD.  In our older dead project one of our characters was gonna be named Arris after Arris dome.  Finally, someone will be able to put good use to that name =D

-Xavier-

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 09:33:23 pm »
Sorry about the lateness of my response - I've been in New York for the past few days. Anyways, the plot is going to be centered around the time after Chrono Trigger/Cross. The world is basically normal.

Arris Ashtear is the daughter of a wealthy engineer who runs a rather large research center north of New Truce. The Ashtear Labs design practucally anything that has to do with machinery or architecture. Arris is an architect. She's the one that will eventually develop the arcologies that exist in 2300 AD. Out of the labs, she spends most of her time researching the "mythical" kingdom of Zeal. She feels that she knows where the ruins might lie - She suspects that part of the ruins lie under Ashtear Labs.

It turns out that she was right, except that other people found it first. While expanding further underground, Ashtear Labs construction workers broke through the outer crust of a very large cave. Looking in, they see a very large, technologically advanced city...

I don't want to reveal much more of the plot.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 02:40:46 am »
She's like her ancestor in way.  When will you submit the comic?

-Xavier-

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 12:48:21 pm »
I'll submit the first one whenever it's finished.