Author Topic: A Compendium comic...  (Read 3616 times)

Daniel Krispin

A Compendium comic...
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 12:31:28 am »
Quote from: Ramsus
RD, that's actually a good idea. We could also have a few strips with CT bloopers.

I drew a single comic like that once...though my skill at humor could be considered in the negative range on a scale of 1 to 10; I'm far better at absolute seriousness. So it was most decidedly lame.

Ramsus

A Compendium comic...
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2004, 10:13:56 pm »
I was thinking of doing a small manga-style comic of a dozen or so pages featuring a Magus side-story, but I decided that with the inking and toning, it'd be way too much work. I should use that time to work on my RSoM entry.

However, I could easily do a small, three-panel comic strip in pencil, like so:

And it wouldn't take very long to do each day.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
A Compendium comic...
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2004, 10:33:27 pm »
That looks pretty cool, can't wait to see the conclusion to that epic battle!

Also, it doesn't neccisarily have to be a daily strip, just so long as it is a scheduel you can keep.

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
A Compendium comic...
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2004, 11:01:07 pm »
While I still don't care for a comic, I have to comment that schedules are totally unnecessary, because you don't really owe anything to your viewers--if anything, you're doing them a favor with each comic you produce. The only schedule should be your free time and creativity.

Ramsus

A Compendium comic...
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2004, 11:28:38 pm »
I only said I was doing a one-time special, with possible specials in the future.

EDIT: Here's another strip. This is the last one I'll post, so unless you're an admin, you probably won't see any more until the June comic special is ready.

Daniel Krispin

A Compendium comic...
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2004, 12:50:17 am »
Hey, that's awesome. Perfect drawing of Janus...um, Magus (sorry, I'm used to calling him Janus).

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
A Compendium comic...
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2004, 01:32:05 am »
Ha ha, such a funny concept to that one, and well drawn, too. I can't wait to see more.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
A Compendium comic...
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2004, 05:49:13 am »
Quote from: chronotriggerfreak
While I still don't care for a comic, I have to comment that schedules are totally unnecessary, because you don't really owe anything to your viewers--if anything, you're doing them a favor with each comic you produce. The only schedule should be your free time and creativity.

Not to go against what you're saying, I completely understand...But some people work better with schedules, deadlines & the like. Thinking that you owe the viewers something isn't necessarilly a bad thing y'know?

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
A Compendium comic...
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2004, 05:20:17 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Quote from: chronotriggerfreak

Not to go against what you're saying, I completely understand...But some people work better with schedules, deadlines & the like. Thinking that you owe the viewers something isn't necessarilly a bad thing y'know?

I know. I work better under pressure, too. But I don't work better under useless pressure that some strangers over the internet are applying, that just annoys me. And one doesn't have to feel they owe something to anyone to feel responsible for keeping things in a timely and orderly fashion (schedule)--plenty of people do that every day for no apparent reason.  :wink: