Author Topic: A Compendium comic...  (Read 3620 times)

Arcane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
A Compendium comic...
« on: June 05, 2004, 03:11:32 am »
I could perhaps do a Compendium sprite comic, if I could get some Chrono-series sprites. I'm semi-good at sprites, and perhaps I could explain certain things in a different way than in words... I can't really explain it. :\

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
A Compendium comic...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 03:15:55 am »
16-bit theatre :)

Arcane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
A Compendium comic...
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 03:18:25 am »
Ugh, don't mention 8-bit theatre. Most comics are better than that, anyway.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
A Compendium comic...
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 07:02:10 am »
No, MOST comics are the suck. 8BT managed a good sense of nerdy goodness w/o going overboard in any way or taking itself too seriously. It was The Simpsons of the sprite comic (even going so far as to steal from the Simpsons!).

Zealian Ninja Comics? I guess it's not sprite work, but White Ninja is my fav web-comic. I don't care if it looks like it's only a step above stick figures! It's funny dammit! And there's emotion in those eyes! YOU CAN SEE IT!!!

Oh, and don't diss 8BT, that's where I got my bitchin avy. If this were to come true, I'd want to see audience (Compendiumers) participation on some level. I'm guessing that's sorta the point though?

Ramsus

A Compendium comic...
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 05:18:05 pm »
Actually, I ought to do a few strips for a Compendium comic special, since I'm thinking of starting a webcomic soon anyway. The special can go in an article for the Compendium.

So then, any script ideas?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
A Compendium comic...
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 06:37:22 pm »
Not sure. Should we emulate occurrences in the game or the workings of the CompendiuM?

I've got it! We follow around the CT crew and annoy them to no end, correcting Lucca and...alright, maybe not.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
A Compendium comic...
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 07:27:27 pm »
How about a comic parodying an inability to think outside of terms of the Chrono Series...Not that this has ever been a problem for any of us in real life, ever, heh.... :wink:

Ramsus

A Compendium comic...
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 07:41:20 pm »
RD, that's actually a good idea. We could also have a few strips with CT bloopers.

Anonymous

A Compendium comic...
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2004, 08:25:01 pm »
Blot 33.

Zeality, do you have any sprites? 'cause I have a good idea for a comic, now...

Arcane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
A Compendium comic...
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2004, 08:26:00 pm »
And I mean sprites of yourself. And I was stupid enough to not log in. >_o

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
A Compendium comic...
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2004, 08:37:53 pm »
Quite honestly, I think a sprite comic, unless handled expertly or not being based on humor, would do less to help the Compendium than it would to demean it. Especially if it were based on the Compendium itself--that means not including people from the Compendium. Besides, I don't think Zeality has any one particular sprite to represent himself.

And more to the point, if you put in Compendium people, we'd have a bunch of newbies who hang around trying to get put in the comic, and then we'd either have a bunch of whiny 12-year-old brats who resent that we have a selective casting process or too many generic and flavorless characters that we'd know what to do with.

So, while I don't exactly approve of doing any comic in the name of the Compendium, if you're still determined to do some sort of comic, I'd suggest finding an independent place to host a Chrono Trigger-based comic. In that case, I would also offer my hosting services.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
A Compendium comic...
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2004, 09:21:40 pm »
I'd say only do a sprite comic if no one can draw well enough to do a regular comic. As a buddy of mine likes to say, "Friends don't let friends make sprite comics."

Also, it gives a more uniquely Compendium flavor to the comic, whatever it ends up being about and who ever ends up being in it.

Ramsus

A Compendium comic...
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2004, 09:25:08 pm »
When I mentioned making a comic, I wasn't talking about a sprite comic   8)

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
A Compendium comic...
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2004, 10:15:42 pm »
Good man. I'm not much of a hand at art, but I can help write as much as you want or need. This could be pretty interesting.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
A Compendium comic...
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2004, 08:54:36 pm »
Perhaps no general 'style' is needed throughout the series of comics? You could go from sprite one day to drawn the next or maybe something 3D, etc etc...Just as long as it's good in some way, I'm sure it'll kick.

I say if any of the threads are deemed worthy, they should be made into comics.