Author Topic: The "WTF? Check this link out!" thread!  (Read 271794 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: The "WTF? Check this link out!" thread!
« Reply #630 on: February 07, 2008, 04:18:16 pm »
Well, hell -- I had naively thought that the US was getting EVERY notable RPG that the Japanese can come up with, and something like this *almost* slips under my radar:
http://www.amazon.jp/gp/product/B000Y9GI2G/ref=s9_asin_title/503-4190665-0990364?pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_r=0C9MH57PFGT1E2HAMWVH&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=86246306&pf_rd_i=489986

The name sounds cheesy, but looks incredibly interesting. I'll have to import some day for model ripping. Who knows what other gems might be getting released without American consumers knowing?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 04:50:17 pm by FaustWolf »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 07, 2008, 05:09:19 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/02/07/tornadoes/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Ah, so God held his leg while the tornado ripped apart his house, keeping him alive. Well, God is a choosy bastard, then, because forty other people weren't so lucky. This God is apparently named Chaos.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 07, 2008, 05:24:42 pm »
Truth be told, natural disasters are the most difficult thing to understand from a religious viewpoint for me. Human actions are one thing -- we can say God has a "hands off" approach for decisions made by sentient beings -- but as for why some people are swept up in these things while others are spared, I haven't yet encountered a satisfactory explanation from any religious thought I have examined. The best conclusion a religious can draw is the Deist one, that the Creator wound up the universe and let it tick under its internal laws. But that doesn't satisfy the folks who've lost loved ones in this, Hurrican Katrina, or the 2004 Tsunami.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 08, 2008, 06:44:45 pm »
Hahahahaha Yes I belive in God but I belive in all too.

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 09, 2008, 11:20:06 pm »
This is classic. :lol: Apparently a bunch of hackers *accessed* a news networks webcam showing a Czech countryside scene and imposed a nuclear explosion in the background. Too funny!

Link: http://www.break.com/index/hackers-mess-with-news-broadcast.html

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 10, 2008, 12:00:27 am »
Results of the three delegate proceedings tonight are in, and it's utter Obamanation. Here's some experiences from Washington caucus-goers:

http://slog.thestranger.com/2008/02/stranger_caucus_watch_beyond_seattle.comment

But by far, these pictures are key. Guess which one shows Clinton supporters, and which one shows Obama's:

Edit: throwing in some goodies.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 12:17:20 am by ZeaLitY »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 10, 2008, 12:22:14 am »
They're saying Clinton could go three weeks without a victory. I see her campaign has decided on the Giuliani approach. Meh.

EDIT: Here's a quote someone left at the blog ZeaLitY referenced:

"Bottom line - Fun but it seemed no one knew what was going on. I hope the lack of organization doesn't reflect how the Democratic party is going to run the general election." (My emphasis)

ZeaLitY, if I may pull a page from your book --

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 12:47:22 am by FaustWolf »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 10, 2008, 09:33:11 pm »
Wow, a double-post in a non-hacking thread. It's a first for me. EDIT: Oh, whoops. It's actually a second. :mrgreen:

I didn't realize this before, but Hillary Clinton's right-hand woman (not her campaign manager, but someone even more important in some respects) is a devout Muslim. She travels with Senator Clinton everywhere -- I even saw her in Ohio, of all places.

http://www.observer.com/node/37040

Whatever your opinions of Senator Clinton might be, you've gotta admit it's great to see a religious minority in the top echelons of American government. I wonder if there's any atheists on anybody's campaign staff this year?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 10:46:24 pm by FaustWolf »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 10, 2008, 09:45:28 pm »
Hillary's campaign was robocalling people in Maine and stressing that her campaign manager was the first latina to run a campaign. That campaign manager was just fired / quit today. If anyone's pandering to race and class, it's Hillary and Bill. Did Jesse Jackson win Maine?

Not directed to FW, but just had to bring up that robocall note.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 10, 2008, 10:39:04 pm »
I do believe her new campaign manager is African American. We'll see where this goes.

Clinton is now just two delegates ahead of Obama, last I checked. She's behind in cash gathering. The last poll showing her lightyears ahead in Ohio was taken months ago, before Obama achieved decisive momentum. What's a feminist campaign going down in flames look like? Probably something like this:

For those of you who may be wondering, ZeaLitY and I really do have manga pics to describe every conceivable twist and turn in this year's US Presidential Campaign. Please excuse me while I quietly shed a tear. I hope Hillary's doing the same too, just in public -- helped her in New Hampshire. :P

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 10, 2008, 10:48:29 pm »
She did it a few days ago while meeting with an old professor at some university, and then yesterday while talking to a US veteran. Seems like it won't work anymore, or the media's not going to pick up on it.

From which manga does Mima originate?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 10, 2008, 11:09:04 pm »
The pic I posted above is Gally, from GUNNM (Known as Battle Angel, or Battle Angel Alita, in the US). Mima is a character from the anime Perfect Blue, and I think I posted a pic of her in one of the welcoming threads. Hmm, I'll have to find a Mima pic to illustrate the Clinton campaign at some point.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 12, 2008, 11:21:28 pm »
Ha! A double-post here is proof that my life is officially ruled by the Compendium.

Anyway, can anyone think of a plausible reason why Schala would be running around in a bikini in the middle of Enhasa? Other than sheer fanservice? Very talented work though.

http://braintreestudios.deviantart.com/art/Schala-in-Zeal-76418740

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 12, 2008, 11:25:21 pm »
Oh whoa, the Kingdom of Zeal in 2.5D...HOT!

Music courtesy of KC and the Sunshine Band!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0MMu5_gDN4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiwiyKE--uU

« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 11:36:47 pm by ZeaLitY »

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 13, 2008, 03:37:12 am »
The secret truth about Google maps. Useful feature or all-powerful entity, you be the judge...
http://digg.com/lbv.php?id=5001491&ord=1 :shock: