Author Topic: The "WTF? Check this link out!" thread!  (Read 268525 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: The "WTF? Check this link out!" thread!
« Reply #390 on: July 26, 2007, 11:16:59 pm »
That is a great gameplay trailer. I've always loved Metal Gear.

That is a great series, but I have to agree with Zeality.

Metal Gear will return to the company it started with.
So let it be written, so let it be done.

A Metal Gear for the Wii would be a lot of work. But I know Kojima can do it.

Ramsus

« Reply #391 on: July 26, 2007, 11:18:27 pm »

Microsoft?

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 26, 2007, 11:19:40 pm »

Microsoft?

I was just messin around, trying (and failing) to be funny.

Metal Gear started out on the NES.

Korro

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Does a time egg hatch a time bird?
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 26, 2007, 11:42:34 pm »
Yeah, I don't know much about metal gear..... but I DO know that snake is really old now.

Ramsus

« Reply #394 on: July 26, 2007, 11:53:28 pm »

Microsoft?

You apparently never played the original original.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 26, 2007, 11:55:22 pm »

Microsoft?

MSX! Oh god, I used to have that shit. I was too young to even understand the japanese, still don't know it, but I still played through it.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 27, 2007, 12:10:03 am »

Microsoft?

Touche.

I did look it up on Wiki right after I posted that, and lo and behold it was on some home computer system called the MSX. So Ramsus wins yet again. I just can't beat this guy.  :lol:

Ramsus

« Reply #397 on: July 27, 2007, 01:21:21 am »
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12224561

I like what I hear. Ron Paul is making this next election seem a lot more interesting. It's refreshing to see that politics hasn't devolved to devoting yourself to the party line and appealing to people's feelings so they'll stop thinking about what you're saying. It's even more refreshing to see someone in government that thinks for himself, holds strong opinions based on his real values, and actually reads and considers what he votes on, especially on the Republican side of the fence. Now I'm starting to look into who the other presidential candidates will be, what their backgrounds are like, and what their ideas and values are like.

I also started keeping a copy of the US Constitution on top of my pillow. I realized I hadn't read it in quite a while (at least a year or two), so I'm making sure to read it on a regular basis until I know it by heart, since I did take an oath where I swore to defend it with my life. It's too bad I don't have time to do any real reading though (unless it's in Korean...).

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 27, 2007, 09:57:58 am »
A shame some third parties are clinging to that doomed console.

Well, considering one can find 60GB PS3's with a price 600 bucks cheaper than the xbox360 premium here at Brazil, I guess I go with PS3 hands down.

Really, for now what matters to me is -- MGS4, SH5, RE5, FFXIII, GoWIII, DMC4, NFSProStreet, Tekken 6 and the ICO team's as of now unnamed project.

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 27, 2007, 02:21:47 pm »
My brother just discovered this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6909153.stm

The first fans at the tills looked shattered. Most of them said the worst thing had been that, during the last couple of hours, people had been running up and shouting the end of the book at them.

Boo ya!

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 27, 2007, 04:29:04 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pyR_90RdOg

I've never been more proud to be on 4chan. :D

Korro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 28, 2007, 04:12:34 am »

Never have I been so disgusted by this "anonymous" organization and confused about somebody actually saying they are proud to be on 4Chan.

I don't quite know why but 4Chan scares me.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 04:16:14 am by Korro »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 28, 2007, 01:33:24 pm »
That's because the real patrons of 4chan are the unabashed kind of trolls and nerds who no longer experience any feelings of humanity when viewing shock images or care when wrecking something.

Ramsus

« Reply #403 on: July 28, 2007, 01:48:30 pm »

Never have I been so disgusted by this "anonymous" organization and confused about somebody actually saying they are proud to be on 4Chan.

If it scares you, then learn computer science through and through, and -- probably more importantly -- get to know people and how they think and interact with each other really well. That's something that goes beyond studying some psychology and sociology. It often means putting aside the ideological and "moral" nonsense society has artificially imposed on you and questioning your real motives honestly and purely in a way that can become scary and disgusting at times, then applying that same sort of process while imagining yourself in other people's positions.

Whenever you read someone else's account of their own experience, you can then apply that sort of process and start picking apart what really might have been going on in their heads. Ask yourself, "What would I not write in their position." Even just hanging out with your friends, take some time to pay attention to everything they do and say and try to figure them out from their perspective.

When you can start to get into people's heads, and you know how to bring down Internet sites and entire computer networks without much trouble, you'll stop fearing things like anonymous mobs from some Internet site.

But for right now, just know that everything you post on the Internet (or even put on a networked computer), is at risk of being copied, modified, and used for all sorts of ill-intended purposes. No authentication system is perfect, so every account and profile you have -- especially with weak or compromised passwords -- can easily be hacked and modified. Even without going that far, any system where others can associate things (like other profiles as "friends") with you is a liability.

Even your Google searches are all saved, and if you have a gmail account (which doubles as a Google account), they're usually saved in the Google Web History under that account. As such, anyone who can get into that can see what you've been searching for.

So with that in mind, try to tread more lightly on the Internet.

Korro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 28, 2007, 02:57:06 pm »

If it scares you, then learn computer science through and through, and -- probably more importantly -- get to know people and how they think and interact with each other really well. That's something that goes beyond studying some psychology and sociology. It often means putting aside the ideological and "moral" nonsense society has artificially imposed on you and questioning your real motives honestly and purely in a way that can become scary and disgusting at times, then applying that same sort of process while imagining yourself in other people's positions.

Whenever you read someone else's account of their own experience, you can then apply that sort of process and start picking apart what really might have been going on in their heads. Ask yourself, "What would I not write in their position." Even just hanging out with your friends, take some time to pay attention to everything they do and say and try to figure them out from their perspective.

When you can start to get into people's heads, and you know how to bring down Internet sites and entire computer networks without much trouble, you'll stop fearing things like anonymous mobs from some Internet site.

But for right now, just know that everything you post on the Internet (or even put on a networked computer), is at risk of being copied, modified, and used for all sorts of ill-intended purposes. No authentication system is perfect, so every account and profile you have -- especially with weak or compromised passwords -- can easily be hacked and modified. Even without going that far, any system where others can associate things (like other profiles as "friends") with you is a liability.

Even your Google searches are all saved, and if you have a gmail account (which doubles as a Google account), they're usually saved in the Google Web History under that account. As such, anyone who can get into that can see what you've been searching for.

So with that in mind, try to tread more lightly on the Internet.
Actually its just the whole MUDKIPZ! LOLWTF!! people who scare me. I don't know about the rest of it.

And the anonymous people. I figured fox was making a big deal about it anyway. but I'm confused. Is 4chan the anonymous people?