Author Topic: The "WTF? Check this link out!" thread!  (Read 272309 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: The "WTF? Check this link out!" thread!
« Reply #255 on: May 07, 2007, 09:48:58 pm »

Will they drop the sales price? No.
Err...you do realize the huge price tag for the PS3 is directly due to the sheer expense of the hardware? The blue laser alone costs a huge amount to produce compared to red lasers(though it is also much more advanced technologically.) Given that Sony is a company I doubt they'd keep such a huge price tag on the PS3 for long if production costs fall, especially knowing how badly it has been doing market wise.

They still wont drop the price anytime soon. Sony is one to not be proved wrong.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 07, 2007, 10:02:53 pm »
...proved wrong? We're not talking about one single entity with an ego here, Nightmare, but a large multi-billion dollar corporation, with all sorts of people jockeying for position and power. Believe you me, they will learn from their prior Betamax mistake and tone down the price of the PS3 as soon as production costs start falling significantly. Some time in the next month or so we will hear about a PS3 price drop...I say a month because they would still need to work in the new ways to produce the hardware to lower the costs, as well as sell the inventory of already produced PS3s. I may be off by my estimate...could be two months.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 07, 2007, 11:57:32 pm »
sony's got its head up its ass: it denies anything is wrong with its backwards compatiblity, believe the unablity to transport games from console to console is a good thing, and have gone on record to say some errors will be fixable through mods purchased through sony.

They actively tried to fuck up the system to fix it with excess later.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 08, 2007, 12:04:53 am »

They actively tried to fuck up the system to fix it with excess later.

Why would they do that?! It is a bad business decision! Let me remind you that first and foremost the goal of all companies is to make as much money as possible. It is a thoughtless and horrible business decision to intentionally place errors in the system only to allow them fixable through purchased mods. While at first it might seem like a good idea to make more money, it would backfire quite badly. They are doing poor enough as it is due to their gamble on the better technology.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 08, 2007, 04:41:48 pm »
exactly. They made bad business decision: they STILL refuse to fix or even admit problems with the ps3, and stated that they would be releasing "upgrades" for small fees.

Why do you think the head dude stepped down?

Also: BARBIE MOTORHEAD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rnIuow93vo

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 08, 2007, 09:55:21 pm »
It's a dark day out here. The city's already been clipped by a mesocyclone, but fortunately there was no ground rotation (i.e. tornado). A second one to the south is headed straight for this area. Thankfully, there's not much lightning on this thing, so it is very unlikely the power will go out unless an actual tornado downs power lines or we get a microburst. But there's not much rain with this sucker either.

Jeez, I know someone driving out to go spot the first one. I wish I could, but I don't want to get on the highway with this threat of weather. Nonetheless, I admire the crazy spirit. Storm spotting, though useful, is sort of a cheap way to get thrills around here. Nothing compares to seeing a tornado in real life, or so I'm told.

So check this stuff out. My pictures suck, but they show the edge of the storm. That's about 3-4 miles from here, and it just sprouted a tornado heading north north east. Still waiting on the second one. I hope I'll never have to say "AFK TORNADO".

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 08, 2007, 09:59:09 pm »
Hope you don't get hit by a tornado, Zeality. Weather here has cleaned up and more or less returned to the normal weather for this time of the year, so we're out of the woods, but you're not by a long shot yet. Good luck.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 08, 2007, 10:12:44 pm »
Okay, I know my post count is already inflated enough, but check this out too. It's like...the sky is angry! All these cells in such a wide swath of the sky, it's incredible! We're out of the woods with that second MC, but that giant balloon to the south west you see is about to come over.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 10:15:36 pm by ZeaLitY »

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 08, 2007, 10:51:19 pm »
Well...it's a sight to behold, at least. We just have to hope those cells don't do too much damage to anyone...I know one community was completely destroyed by a single tornado just a couple days ago...the chaos lately is astounding.

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 09, 2007, 08:14:52 am »
I was watching the radar on the cell over Oklahoma..
The ENTIRE thing was rotating at a RAPID pace in a counterclockwise fasion.
Looked like a hurricane on land!
It took it about 10~20 minutes for the center of the cell to make one full rotation.

cronopolis

• Porrean (+50)
  • Time travel.....pretty confusing isn't it
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 09, 2007, 05:18:42 pm »
Glad I don't need to deal with such weather flings :? but still, the sky can't deside what it wants to do today, rain on my parade, or just provide some shade :|

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 11, 2007, 07:07:19 pm »
BEST. SFX. EVER.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 12, 2007, 07:02:23 pm »
A page from my ancient history:

http://web.archive.org/web/19991012200620/www.insidetheweb.com/messageboard/mbs.cgi/mb144933

Yeah, my first forum. By then, no one was really posting on it about GE 007.