Author Topic: Greetings from France  (Read 2279 times)

Lee

• Porrean (+50)
  • Harle fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Ocean Pie
Greetings from France
« on: July 28, 2006, 12:26:12 am »
Hello,

I'm Lee. I love the Chrono Saga so that's why I join this forum, since the Chrono fans community is not very important in France, even if many RPGs fans know and love Chrono Trigger (for Chrono Cross, it's an another story  :?).

I'm 21, RPG fan since 1997 with Seiken Densetsu. I started both Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross in 2003 only. For the ritual question if it exists, I prefer Chrono Cross than Chrono Trigger. I love Xenogears too.
Others interests : shonen mangas, especially One Piece from Oda Eiichiro, and martial arts.

I'd like to congratulate and thank from bottom of my heart the Chrono Compendium staff for all the awesome work they have accomplished.

So, let the posting begin !  8)
I hope I'm not going to be too much of a burden in the forums because of my bad english.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 12:35:52 am by Lee »

Matt Shadows

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • A7X
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from France
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 12:35:44 am »
Welcome Lee. Glad to have you as a part of the forums. Oh and a little word of advice, listen to Matt. He's the smart one.

Ramsus

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 01:24:47 am »
Bonjour Lee. Je conseille que vous n'écoutiez pas Matt. Il est un enfant bęte qui ennuye les membres de ces forums.

Anyway, putting my bad french aside now, I'd like to say welcome to the Compendium. Don't worry about your English -- if you don't understand something, feel free to ask.

Matt Shadows

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • A7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 01:37:21 am »
DOn't think just cos it's french don't mean I don't know you dissin my rep. Dawg.

Ramsus

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 01:40:28 am »
I don't believe I was stating anything to harm your reputation. Rather, I was simply stating your reputation.

And what, you never took any French classes before?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 01:41:27 am »
Bonjour Lee. Je conseille que vous n'écoutiez pas Matt. Il est un enfant bęte qui ennuye les membres de ces forums.

Anyway, putting my bad french aside now, I'd like to say welcome to the Compendium. Don't worry about your English -- if you don't understand something, feel free to ask.

Ramsus speaks French!? You learn something new everyday. :shock:

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 01:43:27 am »

C'est vrai.

Welcome to the Compendium, Lee! Your English seems quite good, so don't worry about it.

Matt Shadows

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • A7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 01:44:19 am »
Just got out of middle school. And registering for high school next wednesday so no. Me don't know any French.

Ramsus

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 01:52:47 am »
Just got out of middle school. And registering for high school next wednesday so no. Me don't know any French.

Lucky you. Have fun in high school, and remember, grades and test scores don't really matter. If something just isn't interesting, don't bother studying it.

Matt Shadows

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • A7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 01:54:09 am »
I hope you're not trying to make me fail this year.

Ramsus

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 02:15:50 am »
Hey, just look at me. I never studied, skipped school regularly, and slept through class the days I did show up, and yet I still graduated high school and went to a big state university on a full-ride scholarship. Of course, I'm leaving college a little early to go do something else, but that's because I went to college without any goals and had too much fun.

Honestly, you won't learn something if you have no interest in it to begin with. That's why studying doesn't make a lot of sense. If you read between the lines in my posts, you'll realize that instead of focusing on studying, you should be focusing on developing your curiosity for finding and understanding things.

Besides, what are you learning with in high school? Watered down textbooks that try to avoid offending anything and anyone, and teachers who either want summers off or like to coach sports.

Face it. High school is just a place to herd kids so they don't cause trouble all day long. Do your homework and pass your classes, but don't bother trying to excel at their little grade game. If you want to do well in life, look beyond school, and find the bigger picture instead.

People who play by other's rules and try to make up for it by "working hard" always get screwed.

Matt Shadows

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • A7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 04:36:11 am »
Hey, just look at me. I never studied, skipped school regularly, and slept through class the days I did show up, and yet I still graduated high school and went to a big state university on a full-ride scholarship. Of course, I'm leaving college a little early to go do something else, but that's because I went to college without any goals and had too much fun.

Honestly, you won't learn something if you have no interest in it to begin with. That's why studying doesn't make a lot of sense. If you read between the lines in my posts, you'll realize that instead of focusing on studying, you should be focusing on developing your curiosity for finding and understanding things.

Besides, what are you learning with in high school? Watered down textbooks that try to avoid offending anything and anyone, and teachers who either want summers off or like to coach sports.

Face it. High school is just a place to herd kids so they don't cause trouble all day long. Do your homework and pass your classes, but don't bother trying to excel at their little grade game. If you want to do well in life, look beyond school, and find the bigger picture instead.

People who play by other's rules and try to make up for it by "working hard" always get screwed.
I like your idea of school. Yeah but one thing. All that you just told me caused me to fail the sixth grade. But I guess it works different in High School

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 06:09:47 am »
Welcome Lee. I'm French too, it's good to see other Chrono fans from France! You're right that the French community is very small (unfortunately).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 10:29:24 am »
Ramsus, that's because a couple test scores of yours did matter, remember? So the wisdom here is to, no matter what the cost, take the SAT or ACT as many times as they'll let you. As many times. You keep your highest score. We got some handout once that showed some guy's progression from a 21 to a 33 on the ACT. 26 is the bonus cutoff, 28 is better, and 30 is the scholarship threshold.

Ramsus

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 10:37:04 am »
Oh yeah, that's right. High school wasn't important, except for those college entrance exams. Those were really important. Oh, and AP Exams really do save a lot of time and money by letting you earn college credit, so take them too if your school offers them.

Find something you really like while you're at it. Learn the guitar, start a band, join some kind of debate club and compete with other schools, etc. It helps keep things interesting.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 10:38:59 am by Ramsus »