Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG  (Read 3194 times)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2009, 07:57:35 pm »
5Ds has those "Earthbound Immortals" as the antagonists, right? I actually have one of the cards--the hummingbird (they all have difficult-to-pronounce names). Quite the ridiculous card effect. 5Ds also introduced Synchro monsters, which, IMO, left Fusions and Rituals in the dirt. But I guess it's an improvement.

The last Yu-Gi-Oh! game I bought was Championship 2008 for the DS, so I assume the newer ones are much better.

My favorite deck used the batteries cards. Swarm on the offensive and play Short Circuit. Heheh, good times. :P

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2009, 08:46:13 pm »
I don't play the real TCG anymore (no-one here plays it anymore and I'm not going into the city for weekly events every time I want to play it). I do however play some of the games, Tag Force 4 in particular is pretty good fun, and the latest DS game isn't bad. I used to run various decks; spellcasters, warriors, E-Hero...

There are programs to play it online.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2009, 09:45:56 pm »
Yeah I'm a bit wary of Synchros too after hearing how they were tipping the game's scales (I recall someone mentioning all you had to do was throw out some monsters, summon a Synchro and conquer the field). I haven't really used them in Tag Force 4, maybe because I'm so attached to Fusions. Hrmm...

I don't play the real TCG anymore (no-one here plays it anymore and I'm not going into the city for weekly events every time I want to play it). I do however play some of the games, Tag Force 4 in particular is pretty good fun, and the latest DS game isn't bad. I used to run various decks; spellcasters, warriors, E-Hero...

There are programs to play it online.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. I tied YVD (Yu-Gi-Oh! Virtual Desktop) with a friend a while ago. Played YGO Online once and it was enjoyable, still kind of half-interested in it.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2009, 08:54:37 pm »
I used to play Joey the Passion online with a friend using a program called hamachi. It's a lan emulator, so we play as if our computers where linked through lan.
But before I used to play a lot with real cards. It's been years since I don't play, I should start practicing again.