Author Topic: Using Warcraft 3's maps as tilesets for RMXP....  (Read 809 times)

deniz2099

• Porrean (+50)
  • What's mine is mine... I want you to be MINE..!
    • View Profile
    • Anti - System Of A Down
Using Warcraft 3's maps as tilesets for RMXP....
« on: July 24, 2006, 07:03:03 am »
Using Warcraft 3's maps as tilesets for RMXP... I don't think that it's impossible. And it would look good.  :D

Your opinions ?

Vargose

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Using Warcraft 3's maps as tilesets for RMXP....
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 09:59:00 am »
I think it would look great. The war craft style even fits well with chrono trigger. If you look throught out the posts I believe there has been some Chrono related war craft stuff, that you might be able to use.

deniz2099

• Porrean (+50)
  • What's mine is mine... I want you to be MINE..!
    • View Profile
    • Anti - System Of A Down
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 02:17:40 pm »
maybe we should ask it to zeality.
 :D

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 02:52:21 pm »
It's not impossible.  But a 3d background on a 2d World seems kinda far fetched.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 01:14:59 am »
Why don't you just use Warcraft III straight, then? I mean, it would look decidedly odd to have sprites overtop of Warcraft style graphics. It seems to me it would be better to make any sort of thing straight in WCIII - it's not easy, mind you. I tried once, and you have to be bloody good at the thing to give it any sort of RPG style. The best I did was make a sort of skirmish map that totally converted WC into totally unique Chrono teams. But making it so that, say, game data saves from one map to another... never figured that one out. But from what I could tell, it's not impossible. Someone really should try that some day, eh? Because Vargose is right, it does have a similar look to it.

joemomma

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 02:15:17 am »
sounds good to be, then again i dont know much when it comes to RMXP but i do know 2-d graphics dont look so bad in a 3d world, sorrta like there down the rabbit hole