Author Topic: Zeality Plot Advancement:  (Read 3215 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Zeality Plot Advancement:
« on: July 18, 2006, 02:03:57 pm »
I'm being arbiter for Zeality here's a PM I got:

________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, I've got all that. I guess it isn't really set in stone who stets the timeline straight, so I'm probably going to have Marle, Crono, Glenn, and Magus all make it back, with Lucca and Robo staying behind. MCGM will be concerned over their lost friends. But they get back to prehistory. Basically, that scenario can go like this.

I've been nitpicking over King Zeal; at this point he'll be like 50% under control and will still not know Lavos is influencing him. Thinking that he can stop the destruction of his kingdom, he'll go back in time to summon a giant force to stop Lavos from arriving on the planet. However, the party can't stop him of course. Lavos breaks up but pieces still hit the planet, making the Ice Age still occur but not making it too severe for the reptites. This lets the humans and Reptites live up to 1 A.D., when I guess Cedric finally bites it.

So they all make it back, and are faced with saving Ayla or stopping King Zeal. Desperate,they decide they have to stop King Zeal or the timeline is toast. They think Ayla is verifiably for sure, and Glenn is especially distraught. We can do this: if you choose to save Ayla, it'll happen again, but the time distortion will revive and Lucca and Robo will come in and end up fighting Zeal. Ayla will be saved but will be horribly injured and have to recuperate. If you choose to go ahead, you'll fight King Zeal with the guys and everyone thinks Ayla will be lost. However, later at a Frozen Flame encounter, you'll sort of see her in the timeline and will have the option to save her. If you saved her earlier, she'll finally heal. At any rate, when she's finally in, she'll kick ass.

Okay, I'll iron out the specifics and think of sidequest ideas. Tell everyone that I went on a 22 mile hike and I feel like I'm going to die. Vargose seems to be a rising star...Well I probably won'[t get to check this again until I get back so seeya. Here is some dialgoue I finished:

I wasn't clear if Glenn goes out to settle the deal alone as was written by Hadriel, and I wans't clear if Magus can even be in the party.

Soldier: Glenn, I have news. A Mystic pilgrimage -
Glenn: Wait, a pilgrimage?
S: Yes; they wish to honor a site of battle. They ahve been accosted by Porreans, meeting on the San Dorino plains.
G: You're kidding...Ugh, runs deep. Porre is so backwards...they know damn well that our policy is peace.
S: Shall I call the -
G: Yeah, call everyone and suit up. I hope there's no shed, but you never can tell with angry mobs.
S: Shall I bring the Masamune?
G: ...Yes. Who knows...maybe the Mystics will strike first. Let's get going.

~

S: Glenn! Hurry! I've tried to maintain peace-
G: You're relieved! Get back! Now, all of you, stop!
Porrean: Stop? Stop these s, you mean! What the hell are they doing here, parading around like they own the place?
Mystic: Dumb, obstinate human! We have rights!
P: Not if I can help it, stupid Imp!
M: My ancestors prepared me for scum like you....
G: Hold it!!

~Glenn helps Mystics~

G: The war's over, Porreans! Mystics and friends can come and go freely!
P: ...Never. They beseiged Porre, and now they're going to pay for it.
G: You drunk or something? Or were you just born stupid? War's % Go home. Guardia-
P: I've had enough!

~Glenn helps Porre~

G: Mystics...Don't you know it still isn't safe to roam around at night in these parts?
M: Rude, rude, rude! We'd enver show this sentiment towards human visitors.
G: Even so, bear with us. Some humans still aren't ready-
P: Give me a break!
M: Yeah! If Porre wants a fight...let us finish what we started!

~Glenn tries to settle it~

G: All rght, back to your homes. All of you! There will be no conflict tonight.
P; Heh, ikt apperas "Sir Wishy-Washy" has arrived!
G: Our knights died for peace-
m; I concur with the Porrean. Forget this can of cheese. Prepare yourselves!
P: Time to die, you dirty little beasts!

~End of battle~

G: Too late...Oh, what have I allowed to happen? is...everywhere...
S: Sir...we'd better...hey Glenn, are you-
G: No...I let them kill each other.
Sir, with all due-
G: No, was it all in vain? Damnit! (throws the masamune)
G: I am powerless. I am only fitted for ...I...(exit)
Vangaurd: What the hell just happened? I got here as soon as I could!
S: Whoo, the one Vanguard soldier. Big difference you'd make.
V: ...Is that the Masamune? let's get it!
S: No, diot! We have to check on Glenn! Come on.

~

And i'eve got more finished.

And the second:

_________________________________________________________________________________

We should probably make an image we can distribute for promotion, and we'll later make a short .avi preview. Anyway, for the image, see if someone can make a regular Chrono "C" with the minute / hour hands, and just make it red and sort of on fire. The background is pure black. At the bottom, in Chrono font, "COMING (late 2006?)" Also, when the ROM is done, we can also investigate using the expanded area to make a pre-title screen image. Download the One FF6 patch and apply it to a JP rom to see what I mean. It has a neat piece of artwork with some preliminary credits on the side. It'll be fun to actually do the credits towards the end. You're probably going to get Director with me as Co-Director and maybe others if they step up to the plate. I'll take the Creator title.

Anyway, so far, I've got this planned for the CMG. Crono, Magus, and Glenn wake up in a Reptite forest city (just use Guardila forest with the stone tiles I guess, maybe Earthbound village rooms for some areas) and the Reptites immediately take interest in them. Having a local contest, they invite them to participate, and are stunned when the dudes use magic to toast the competition. They are soon taken to Terra Tower against their will. It goes like this in order:

Marle - Fights 1 traveler
Lucca, Robo - Fights Vision Serpent
the others - Fights the other two reptites

So on Marle's sidequest, she learns that this is a Reptite timeline. On Lucca and Robo's sidequest, they learn that Terra Tower is an ancient fortress recently connected in time by new innovation, and that Reptites want to make a Dragon God and have an Elements system. And in Crono / Magus / Glenn's sideqeust, they learn from the Rpetite travelers that their existence means there is a timeline in which humans survive. This disturbs the reptite travelers, who try to learn their magic and keep them imprisoned while they figure out where time changed. However, Magus, Glenn, and Crono bust out and make it to teh top. They go back to find Marle,a dn then it happens according to the last PM.

After this, I think we'll go with Serran reappearing in 602 A.D. on that weird island I made. Glenn has to rescue Mystics and fight him, and they learn as a result that King Zeal seems to be allying himself with agents in certain periods (they thought Serran was ). Then we'll go back to 1002 A.D., where things are getting stirred up hugely. They find the agent at a big battle site, and he says he's trying to stop Montcrief, because with the data from Chronopolis, he's able to detect that Montcrief has been tainted by something. Belthasar confirms that King Zeal has gotten to him, and they have a big fight to restore peace to 1002 A.D. King Zeal makes an appearance, noting that he can lure them right out into the open by attacking their home era. However, he has other business and retreats.

After this, I'll think of more era based stuff, and a search quest (utilizing the two Tomas ancestor / descendant team). Then we get to the seven mini-dungeons. For that, I was thinking that they find the Frozen Flame, and refuse to back down. So, the Flame tests each party member to see if anyone has a will strong enough to control it and become a new Arbiter. So they fight their darkest feelings (just like in CC, when touching the Flame results in characters being told dark, evil things about themselves). Then someone will make it, but King Zeal will intervene.

After this, sidequests then final battle. In case I can check it again, send a list of sidequests over. Right now, it just looksl ike more main quest, seven mini dungeons, sidequests and final battle. COMING LATE 2006. Also, that RD discussion going anywhere?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Zeality Plot Advancement:
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 02:06:40 pm »
Here's my reply:

Sorry for the late reply I wasn't checking these because I misread your previous PM where you said "I'll checkin in two days" and you thought you said "I'll be back in two days)

Onto the posts:

REST OF PLOT::

Sounds good so far. Not sure what you mean by Marle fighting one traveller. I think her "side quest" is going to be rescuing a child from either Guardia Mountain or a reptite controlled forest Maze (I'm leaning towards the maze). This can be a test that Cedric gives her before he sends her to Terra Tower.

Cool Idea for the CMG idea, just remember we have to make sure the 3 Azala wanna bes are very noble people, the Player has to feel bad about destroying this timeline (I thought that was what you were going for...is it justified to kill a timeline to save your own). So I'm not sure about holding them captive but how about them asking if they will willingly help them?

Robo/Lucca Sounds good, remember to push the Robots vs Reptite thing (You have no idea how useful Vargose is yet).

Are you scrapping the Chrono Break (sending Schala to DBT?).

I completely agree with the Serran reappearing. I kind of had an idea for an attempt at a peaceful discussion (If you ever played FF6 and the dinner, you had to go around and talk to all of the soldiers to try to recruit them to your cause). But after the attempt at peace Frog has to confront Serran.

Not sure what this means? How'd he get data from Chronopolis?

MYSTIC CONFRONTATION:

Great job on the text for the Mystic confrontation. Magus isn't in the party (I'm pretty sure that I followed the plot thread for this). Hope the rest of your text is as good as this.

THE CRUCIAL DECISION:

Why do you need Marle to come back (Just wondering cause I have that part coded). If there's a valid reason I'll go back it just seems like it'd be just as easy to bring back Lucca/Robo and Marle.

Also I need to point out we can't have all the characters on the screen at the same time. End of time Pallete only worked because Magus was seperate from all the other characters, and Gasper used the same color scheme as the location.

I like your idea for saving Ayla cause it gives them the decision AND will keep ayla fans happy.

Make sure you read the sidequest thread in CE plot discussion. It seems like I never update it cause I only use modify but there's quite a few in there now.

RD Conversation:

People didn't seem to like it, They seem to think it'll detract from the original.

IMAGE:

I'd say Summer 2007. It'll probably be finished late 2006 but I'd want 6 months of beta testing and clean up.

Since everyone seems to be unhappy with plot I suggest you speak up as quickly as possible with ideas.

--jp

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 11:29:01 pm »
Do we have a "plot synopsis & scenario flow chart" yet that: a) reflects the latest; and b) isn't 40 pages long?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 10:47:21 am »
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=1994.0

That's the closest thing we got to one.  It's not to detailed though.

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 01:04:08 pm »
I'm about to create one.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 05:32:02 am »
I've been nitpicking over King Zeal; at this point he'll be like 50% under control and will still not know Lavos is influencing him. Thinking that he can stop the destruction of his kingdom, he'll go back in time to summon a giant force to stop Lavos from arriving on the planet. However, the party can't stop him of course. Lavos breaks up but pieces still hit the planet, making the Ice Age still occur but not making it too severe for the reptites. This lets the humans and Reptites live up to 1 A.D., when I guess Cedric finally bites it.
Wait, is King Zeal killing Lavos?? Doesn't this make him a bit too strong to be able to do that? As for the Reptites, I think it's unrealistic that there's a convenient mini harmless ice age like that. Why not say that the Frozen Flame made them warm-blooded or something? Since this timeline is not the good Reptite dimension mentioned in CC, this difference could fit.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 09:40:27 am »
It's been changed. He thinks he's going to kill Lavos, but Lavos doesn't exist. Nonetheless, his fire spell causes a warmer ice age if unchecked.