Author Topic: The Glenn Thread  (Read 24612 times)

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
  • Run like it is Godzilla!
    • View Profile
Re: The Glenn Thread
« Reply #180 on: December 24, 2006, 04:33:18 pm »
All that's left is some more cape work, maybe some touchups on the arms, other than that this is pretty much what it's going to look like.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 24, 2006, 09:00:47 pm »
The amount of stuff we'll be importing is mind blowing, and our meticulous documentation will all be for naught if...

...if every editor does not record it when he or she changes a hard value, like scroll, map size.

Resurrecting the ROM is a logistical nightmare but it can be done as long as editors write this stuff down at:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/CrimsonEchoes/HardChanges.html

At some point, we'll be able to comprehensively audit the ROM and determine if anything, including all old CT locations, is corrupt. If everything is perfectly A-OK, then we can actually set that one aside as a benchmark for checking against corruption in the future. But we still have to record every single one of those changes, or else we won't be able to recreate exact conditions for testing corruption.

Vargose

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2007, 12:48:48 pm »
I wanted to give you guys an update.

The spriters are doing awesome work.

I, on the other hand, have not been able to make time to add the sprites into the game. Sprite assembly is time consuming and tedious at best. As such, I do not recommend depending on only myself to do Glenn's sprite assembly. Having said that I am also aware that I am one of only a few that really know how to do it. This requires that I actually finish the sprite assembly tutorial. So my next coarse of action will be to finish the sprite assembly tutorial so others can learn and so we can actually see Glenn get finished.

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2007, 11:57:48 am »
The cushion room is kind of nice, i have a huge essay. After it's finished it's bye bye big assignments for the rest of the school year.

After I do it I'll look into the sprite assembly tutorial.

Vargose

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2007, 12:02:29 pm »
After I do it I'll look into the sprite assembly tutorial.

I'll let you guys know as soon as it it finished.

Vargose

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2007, 02:51:39 am »
I am regretfully resigning from the Crimson Echoes Team and the Rom Hacking scene. Please understand that this is a matter of morality and conscience for me. To continue in the project I would have to continue to possess an illegal copy of Chrono Trigger, and participate in the creation of a derivative work. Both of which I can no longer morally justify.

That means I am leaving Glenn and the Sprite assembly Tutorial incomplete, but I am confident that others can learn Sprite Assembly by studying Vehek's original findings and my own work on Glenn.

And ChickenLump's Sprite Assembly Application will do wonders for those learning.
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=3025.msg61116#msg61116

Here is my most up to date work
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=3025.msg59092#msg59092
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=3025.msg59167#msg59167
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=3025.msg58661#msg58661

Those seeking to learn and follow in my steps, read these threads
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=2872.0
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=3236.0
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=3025.0

I fully enjoyed working with all of you. Thank you and good luck.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2007, 11:04:58 am »
Well, fine. If it's just an excuse, I can understand; I have my own doubts right now, but I know that Crimson Echoes can be wonderfully completed once we get things in order. But otherwise, jeez. Chrono Trigger is hardly retailed by Square Enix these days, and you could pay $15.00 for a copy of the PSX version. The Compendium wouldn't exist had I not downloaded the Chrono Trigger ROM.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2007, 01:37:50 pm »
He has other things to do then work on a hack.  We all should know that and should accept it instead of trying to forcefully keep him in here.  You'll be deeply missed Vargose, and I am happy that you contributed some of the most amazing stuff there is for the CT universe.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2007, 01:47:38 pm »
Sad news :( The project will go slower now (I mean, when it will become active again at least). If you ever want to return to the project, you'll be totally welcome. See you in the next dimension!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 27, 2007, 02:58:12 pm »
He has other things to do then work on a hack.

Well, fine. If it's just an excuse, I can understand; I have my own doubts right now, but I know that Crimson Echoes can be wonderfully completed once we get things in order.

I was aware of that; I simply think having an illegal ROM isn't so much a big deal to make.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2007, 03:02:34 pm »
I was aware of that; I simply think having an illegal ROM isn't so much a big deal to make.

Well, if you "own" a real cartridge then you are merely modifiying your backup copy. Perfectly legal.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 27, 2007, 03:19:23 pm »
I'm not trying to be mean Vargose, but, what we are doing isn't really that illegal. What can they do, throw us in jail?

But since you are most likely gone, goodbye.

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2007, 02:26:47 am »
That certainly was an odd turn of events.
A choice made at a rapid turn.
Vargose will be missed, thankfully he gave direct links to follow.

I should be done with the essay by march 8th. (complete nuisance to have a 6 page essay pop-up after months of no home work)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2007, 12:13:09 pm »
I should be done with the essay by march 8th. (complete nuisance to have a 6 page essay pop-up after months of no home work)

You have that essay too!? Damn, school is so gay. I wish they would make homework be more entertaining. Meh, I'll get back to work soon.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2007, 04:45:21 pm »
I have to do an interview from someone from WWII, Desert Storm, Korean War, or Vietnam...So retarded ><