Author Topic: The Glenn Thread  (Read 24611 times)

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: The Glenn Thread
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2006, 03:45:42 pm »
Glenn is replacing Ayla, correct?
What is Ayla's starting Sprite Assembly offset?
I'm going to try to make things a little easier.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2006, 03:49:08 pm »
Glenn's replacing Frog, of course! The power of sprite assembly and (future) repointing of graphics offset!

Sometime, I need to get back to analysis of Tech data, so that Glenn doesn't have the froggy Slurp and Slurp Cut.

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2006, 04:05:09 pm »
Dur hur, I knew that.  :lol:

>_>

<_<

I'm writing a little tool to help out with it, though it isn't much, just a little easier than editing it by hex.

All that's left is saving and the offset from which to start reading from (though I would like the bottom textbox have the offset in it, so users can put in the offset they want instead of a fixed offset...)

Of course I can move the boxes around if they are positioned incorrectly.

You can make your own list and fill the listbox up with it, if you have the frames of animation commented (so you can skip straight to 'Running animation frame #1' instead of j'Animation Frame #45'. Just load a text file for it. Each list item is a new line in the text file, and the list will only go as far as you have items for it (so if you only have 30 frames to work with, only make a text file with 30 lines), but the default list goes to 255).

If nothing else, change the tounge graphics for slurpcut into a rope or grappling hook, and edit the sprite to reflect him tossing the spear-rope thing (think mortal kombat) and just rename the tech to something like HookPullAttack (or something much better XD).

-edit-
I'll work on this a bit more tonight.
For now, just enter the starting offset  into the textbox under the listbox, then open a ROM, and then click on the list to edit that frame of animation. The default offset in the box is Crono's sprite assembly offset.
Saving should work ok, list loading is in place. Use on an unheadered ROM. I can tweak it around some, but anything better really would have to be in another editor by someone else really.

-edit 2-
Textboxes automatically highlight all the numbers upon clicking, and the numbers input into them can only go as high as 255 (any higher, and it will revert to 255).

-edit 3-
Attatched another version called SAEH, it edits in HEX, since I forgot that originally you guys were counting the tiles in HEX originally anyway. So if you perfer it that way, it's available here too. :P

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 02:21:56 am by Chickenlump »

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2006, 06:41:04 am »
We could also just erase the tongue graphics for Slurp, and Slurp Cut would be a telekinesis move or something.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2006, 08:31:55 am »
You could just use Marle's Cure or w/e.  As it's basically the same thing except with a tounge.  (That sounded kinda dirty O_o)

Vargose

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2006, 10:09:14 am »
I'm really sorry to say this, but I might have to drop spriting Glenn...I have to much stuff going on and I don't have enough time to work on him anymore.  Damn school work...If I can, I can try to get some updates here and there but that may take awhile..
If you do drop you will be missed.
I just need to study up for the SAT throughout this month so after the 4 of Nov. My time will be freed up afterwards, as of right now the only day a week I have freed up is sundays. I probably can finish a set of sprites by the end of today.

Take your time guys. We need people to stay on it. I would rather it take a long time than people start abandoning it.

Vargose

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2006, 10:13:31 am »
I'm writing a little tool to help out with it, though it isn't much, just a little easier than editing it by hex.

Keep up the good work CL, this will definitely help. I must apologize for my lack of work. I haven't put any sprites into the game in awhile.

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2006, 12:54:05 pm »
Creating the attatched image was VERY easy using Tile Molester and paint. It is the complete Crono tileset from the ROM.
The only thing needed to make such tilesets useful is an overlaying grid seperating the tiles, and maybe have them numbered according to tile. I was thinking of maybe a photoshop layer that could be overlayed on top of the sheets or something. Anyone know of any way to put a grid on an image? This could be used as a basis for a sprite assembly tutorial and we could use it ourselves. TileMolester can put a grid on them, but it will not save after I export it to an image.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vargose

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2006, 01:00:52 pm »
TileMolester can put a grid on them, but it will not save after I export it to an image.

Use the Print Screen button on your key board then paste into paint.

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
  • Run like it is Godzilla!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2006, 09:19:51 pm »
and Slurp Cut would be a telekinesis move or something.

Sadly it won't be that easy
Glenn isn't telekinetic
and also if we want to keep fans happy it'll have to be action based.
Also if Glenn is going to be a new powerhouse slurp cut won't cut it
and leap slash will also need to be redon to give it a bit more punch it was always lacking in the power department

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2006, 09:21:52 pm »
I think we should just change it to rope cut and have animation look like he's throwing a rope.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 17, 2006, 10:38:13 am »
You could do that.  In the pre-release, I'm not sure if it was slurp, but one if his attacks all he did was do a critical each time you used the move.

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 17, 2006, 10:23:46 pm »
I think we should just change it to rope cut and have animation look like he's throwing a rope.
I am seconding the animation
It'll save time, and then all we'll need to do is slightly increase the damage value

although the name rope cut implies he is cutting rope...
I'm going to look up "grab" in the thesaurus.

Jason could you list all the unused healing spells from pre-release
we could also save time and just have one of those replace slurp, and then come up with an animation.

I still want what is going to replace leap slash to outdo confuse.

P.S. the reason i didn't finish any sprites sunday was because i decided to do KOd and scared, both of which are entirely based off imagination. at least KO'd is 90% capes.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 10:38:30 pm by TheOutlaw »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2006, 01:17:04 pm »
The only unused healing spells that were in pre-release that I saw was esuna.  Marle's tech that healed Status effects.

Edit: I won't be updating for another week .__.  Packed down with so much crap from school it's not even funny.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 08:28:09 am by justin3009 »

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2006, 02:25:26 am »
After looking up grap in the thesaurus here are some possible names for "rope cut"

Clutch Cut
Grasp Cut
Hook Cut
Latch Cut
Lash Cut
Roust Cut
Grapple Cut

I also decided to look up synonyms for cut; Sever, cleave, hack, slash, slice

So far single techs replacement list looks like this(to the extent of my knowledge)

Slurp-->Esuna (unless somebody comes up with a unique name to replace slurp): it will be moved down the tech list and ahieved later in the game

Slurp Cut--> slightly increas damage value make sprites that look like glenn is lashing an oppononet with a rope to rel in and cut. Name still undecuded

Leap Slash--> ____

Frog Squash?

We'll start to plan dual techs after we finish Single.