Author Topic: The Glenn Thread  (Read 25000 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: The Glenn Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 10:21:17 am »
I guess learning sprite assembly is the perfect way to do this. We won't mention it to anyone. And really, Frog Squash is prepackaged and there, so it doesn't really have to be edited, considering Glenn would still use his skills learned from before.

Vargose

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 09:55:46 am »
I know its been awhile. I got three of the downward walking frames done. I should have the other three done soon. Oh and by the way this is the first with custom made tiles.

[attachment deleted by admin]

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 12:22:49 pm »
Here's walking up beta.  I'm still kinda drowsy from waking up not to long ago so it's not my best work ><

And here's the frames

#2: Here's without sword on back.  It's a little different but basically the same.

And here's frames

« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 03:33:25 pm by justin3009 »

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2006, 06:46:26 am »
Do we want him to have the sword on back or not, or are both poses inserted in the game?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2006, 09:56:01 am »
Not sure.  I think Vargose said something about using the one with no sword for Sprite assemblying it.  >_>

Vargose

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2006, 10:04:57 am »
We want him with the sword. Both are in the game for the NPC. I needed both because in some cases the sword is actually drawn seperately and placed over him.

Vargose

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 09:49:16 am »
Hello all. It has been quite on the glenn front for a while. I wanted to let you know that my evenings have gotten busy, which has killed my time during the week in which I could work on the frames. My weekends however still have an amount of free time. It just requires of me a little discipline. So my plan is to work on the frames over the weekends and do posts on mondays.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 11:18:57 am »
I'll be honest and say that playable Glenn is one of those things I have to hold in my hand to believe it is real, like Mercury. It can be 100% pulled off, right? I'm just a little slow in totally accepting it.

Vargose

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 12:25:47 pm »
Yes it can be pulled off for sure. Each animation is composed of frames. Each Frame is created by the sprite assembly and is composed of 16 tiles. All I have to do is add the tiles in tile molester. Change the Sprite Assembly and rearrange the tiles in a hex editor. I did a test originally to make sure I could do both battle frames and walking arround frames. I also test to make sure I could resolve the size issue, but each frame I have done has proven I can do that. With Vehek's research on tech editing we should be able to change slurp and slurp cut, but even if that doesn't work I am sure I can do some fancy graphics hacking there. And as long as our spriters keep giving us custom sprites we will have a playable glenn.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 12:31:46 pm by Vargose »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2006, 12:30:03 am »
I can try to find the unused tech data stuff.  So then we can try importing those to see what it looks like =/  Slurp cut I could hex edit it so he just criticals them or something.  We should also try replacing alot of the menu stuff.  Like update the icons, change the text.  I've changed the text in a few hacks of mine.  Looks kinda nice XD. 

All i did was just shorten the CT font by 1 pixel each.  Works quite well =P

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2006, 05:03:29 am »
Glenn will be in CT:CE for sure.

The one who's uncertain is Schala, but there is still hope >_>

Vargose

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2006, 09:42:48 am »
Yes, Schala is much harder than glenn for sure.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2006, 01:21:58 pm »
Schala's .... She's just a bitch to put in =/

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
  • Run like it is Godzilla!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2006, 06:40:49 am »
Well there I was plotting my attempt at making a playable Glenn, and all of you have a major head start. I'm still reading through the whole board to get caught up. Then I'll download the most recent patch, and try to see where I can jump in.

But good work on the glenn sprites. I want to take a bite out of that apple.

It'd be cool to put Nirvana Strike, but the name is too long and it wouldn't fit the dual and triple techs... Mmh, maybe something like "FrogNirvana"? Glenn strikes at the enemies multiple times while some little frogs rain all over (we could use the animation for Poyozo Dance). Just throwing ideas.
We could use the Nirvana strike animation for Slurp cut's(or Leapslash) slot and call it "Cyrus Strike" or just call it "Nirvana" or "Sword Dance", then change the damage calculation.
 I don't think It'd affect double techs, although I'd like to keep spire almost the way it is, I can't remember how it goes exactly, but it is one of my favorite Double techs.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 04:16:24 am by TheOutlaw »

Vargose

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2006, 10:04:31 am »
I did the last three downward walking frames last night. It looks great.