Author Topic: The Glenn Thread  (Read 24634 times)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: The Glenn Thread
« Reply #315 on: April 14, 2009, 08:56:05 am »
The 8th character Fix is in there, Frog has a separate thing of graphics starting at 410000 which is where it's loading but still keeps the old frog tiles in his area.  The palette is still wrong because you have to get a savestate of Frog and get his palette.  Then reimport Glenn's Tiles into TM.

Edit: I found an old patch of Vargose's thing that has the walking tiles of Human Glenn done.  Should I post that up?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 09:00:31 am by justin3009 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 14, 2009, 09:27:27 am »
aw geez the problem was 100% me not importing the palette THEN the sprite sheet.  Everything went absolutely splendidly once I did things in the correct order.

Thanks for the help Justin!

Well guys we are officially caught up glenn wise where we were like..3 years ago when Vargose was here :)

--JP

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 14, 2009, 11:04:15 am »
Well, happy birthday Jsondag!

To be frank, almost all these frames are incorrect, but yeah that will still save us some time in the end (I hope so anyway).

Justin, yeah please post that patch. We should compare this running animation with that of Vargose in case I pointed at the wrong frames in the captioned spritesheet image or something. Also do you still have the Glenn Overworld spritesheet?

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 14, 2009, 02:02:22 pm »
Here's the OW sheet, and a patch I made for the palette.

In the Glenn OW patch I once posted, I didn't change the second idle animation, which might be part of why the graphics packet didn't compress as well as the original back then. Maybe when the graphics are inserted this time, they'll fit into the original packet.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 02:19:10 pm by Vehek »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 14, 2009, 04:29:18 pm »
Well, happy birthday Jsondag!

To be frank, almost all these frames are incorrect, but yeah that will still save us some time in the end (I hope so anyway).

Justin, yeah please post that patch. We should compare this running animation with that of Vargose in case I pointed at the wrong frames in the captioned spritesheet image or something. Also do you still have the Glenn Overworld spritesheet?

I'm not 90% sure that this will save time in the future, i'm 100% sure it'll save us time in the future :) We'll just have to make multiple passes through it.  Once we get the full  spritesheet we can have different people work on different frames and it shouldn't be that hard to merge the work together.  99 will probably have to be the one who makes the final overall passthrough since he'll be the one to catch stuff like tile 0x 3y haha. 

--JP

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 14, 2009, 06:11:09 pm »
Alrighty.  Here's the patch for now.  I think I was working on the side walk and never finished, but here's what's done so far!

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 15, 2009, 02:08:41 pm »
Thanks. I'm still on Chapter 14 polishing, but we'll check that.

For now here's an update for the sprite assembly with the "draws weapon", "sad", "shakes head", "crouched", and "dead" frames. In the third pic I just tweaked the positioning of the frames for better alignment.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 15, 2009, 02:50:47 pm »
I checked Vargose's patch awhile ago (I got all the deleted attachments) and he didn't have any of the running animations or anything in there :( Maybe justin's is farther along. 

I feel like the reason the running animation looks weird is the arm coming out in the 4th animaiton.  The other arm coming out doesn't as far. The thing is it looks fine in the animation checker.  I'm beginning to wonder if Frogs runation checker room so you'll need an SRM handy to take Glenn for a stroll around leene square. We'll have to eventually just copy over the palette and Sprite assembly to a clean rom.

--JP

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 15, 2009, 06:05:07 pm »
Ignore the running animation for it being 4 frames.  We know how to extend animations so we can have it 6 like the other PC's.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 16, 2009, 04:06:55 am »
So satisfying to get in a fight and see Glenn draw his sword.

--JP

EDIT: Wow i just read my broken english up there.......a sentence definitley got caught up.  What I was saying is I think Frog's "running" animation might give more time to the 4th frame than the 1st/second/third or something. Because when you run around as glenn you see          flash--Arm sticking out--------------------flash---Arm sticking out------------------flash etc.  The arm sticking out definitely seems to leave an impression (atleast for me).  Anyways as justin pointed out this might be fixable, I didn't even realize frog has less running animations. 

--JP
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:12:46 am by jsondag2 »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 16, 2009, 08:56:05 am »
Yea, it should be fixable.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 26, 2009, 11:20:56 am »
More Glenn tiles + updated spritesheet

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 26, 2009, 12:43:11 pm »
swwwwwweeeeeeeeettttt

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 26, 2009, 08:22:10 pm »
Hey 99 I'd you are still up can you give me a cheat sheet for the 3 part jumping animations (frames 6c through 77) I'm not sure which animations in the sheet I should be using for example should his sword be out or not. Right now I'm guessing its suppose to be the kneeling with sword out for frame 1 the standing frames that are kind of in the middle above walking frames for frame 2 and the jumping without the sword out that are directly below those for frame 3.

By the way I can't find a way to make kneeling down with the sword out fit in the 4 super tiles so I'd you can graph that as well thatd be awesome.

Thanks!

Jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 27, 2009, 04:38:18 am »
OK, here's what I managed to get done on the plane.  99 is definitely going to have to do a quick run through of these but it shouldn't be to hard (though you may want to do it while it's fresh in your mind).  I had the hardest time finding the correct feet for the spell casting....I also saw one less spell animation frame than what is on the 90% done sheet so maybe it's coming later.   

As mentioned above I skipped the "3 frame jump" because I wasn't exactly sure what I should be referencing. 

Also were at the end of what we can fit in Frogs sprite sheet so it's time to repoint the graphics.  I can try to do it myself but I didn't have th e8th character fix patch (i believe it was deleted in the great clensing) so can someone post it?

--JP