Author Topic: The Field  (Read 4840 times)

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
The Field
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2005, 02:34:56 pm »
I've never seen them be 3 in a row. This might be a task for you to up and complete LotP, take lots of notes on enemies and chrater combinations and the like. I personally think that it is random, but with the Chrono series almost anything is possible.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
The Field
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2005, 05:01:46 pm »
Taking notes on anything... Bah, I'll guess I'll try. A lot less free time now, But I'd have to try... Let's see... New Game+ will make these very easy...
But again I say, it's not that hard to arrange the code so at least one color is different.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
The Field
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2005, 05:28:02 pm »
What? They've already h4x0r'd it, right? I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere...Try GameFAQs or something...they normally got the 1337 folks over there :P or maybe somewhere else...

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
The Field
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2005, 09:07:32 pm »
Actually I'm pretty sure the field colors are pre-determined.

I remember many times going into a certain area because it had a black color for its third slot every time (I needed it to make summoning the Grim Reaper easier).  Also I believe the last area in (wow totally forgot its name) the lava-cavern you go run through before you get to Fort Dragonia is always red-black-red.  

The grid (in my experience) mostly seems to be somewhat related to the area its in (like the lava cave being red-black-red, makes sense) but once in awhile will be completly random.

UraRenge

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
The Field
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2006, 02:39:04 am »
I tend to get randomness.  

However, I have noticed something wierd:  In my game, after a third boss battle, the third-to-last element color cast will be on the field for the next few battles.  Maybe it's just my game, but it always happens with me.

Discoman

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
The Field
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 09:57:50 am »
I think that is just your game cause that has never happend to me.
     The field is determined by the surroundings. Bright environments may have white, dark caves and such may have black. Tropical areas, green. Water areas well blue... Yellow.. polluted.. or sand. Red for areas with alot of fire or heat energy.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Re: The Field
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 05:35:45 am »
The field is determined by the surroundings. Bright environments may have white, dark caves and such may have black. Tropical areas, green. Water areas well blue... Yellow.. polluted.. or sand. Red for areas with alot of fire or heat energy.
The Chrono Compendium - We are such fucking geniuses
EDIT: Wow, the last post was made 3 months ago!? What an inactive board -_-