Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 167537 times)

giygas63

• Iokan (+1)
  • Mountains're nice.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #1665 on: August 19, 2012, 12:05:00 pm »
I hate a lot of things but the things I hate most are:
Sonic fanboys
Weeaboos
Pokemon fanboys
Bronies (just the over-obsessed ones, if it's just somebody who likes the show then good for them)
Overly-religious people
Little kids
Xbox fanboys
Little kids
Tools that live by YOLO and swag
Little kids

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: August 23, 2012, 11:15:44 pm »

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: August 24, 2012, 01:06:20 pm »

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: August 24, 2012, 06:16:13 pm »
It's a countdown with a backdrop of Shibuya. A remix of TWEWY's "Calling" is playing. If I'm assuming correctly, Square Enix is about to announce a sequel.

The image I posted is a gif of Steve Carell screaming "no" over and over. (Does anyone else see that?)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: August 24, 2012, 06:42:43 pm »
I see it, and I'll probably steal it for my massive gif collection.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 24, 2012, 06:47:27 pm »
Hm? Why so against a TWEWY sequel?

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 24, 2012, 10:55:37 pm »
What exactly is this game supposed to be?  A sequel to what?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 25, 2012, 10:19:37 pm »
TWEWY (The World Ends With You) was a really interesting title, and much beloved from everything I've seen. I could never really get into its atmosphere but it seemed like a great new property.

Am I correct that the big announcement was simply that it's coming to iOS, or is there more to it than that?

jamesexia

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 26, 2012, 06:50:35 pm »
 :( What is with gals who say they only want to be friends, and then when you meet someone else, they get mad? I've been friends with a gal for about a month now, and recently I met another gal and fell in love with her. We're engaged right now, and when I told my friend, she said she didn't know if she wanted to be friends anymore. :( She told me she only liked me as a friend, and that she didn't love me. I don't understand how she could say she will always want to be friends, and then tell me she doesn't know anymore because I'm engaged to someone else. I don't think I'll ever understand women. :(

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: August 26, 2012, 06:52:06 pm »
Hm? Why so against a TWEWY sequel?

It's hard to explain. I consider TWEWY to be one of the greatest games I have ever played, having everything I would want in a game: an emotional and dramatic plot, believable characters (both protagonists and antagonists), seamless gameplay mechanics, the best customization I have ever seen, great voice acting, amazing soundtrack and art. I was one of the first to try it out after seeing that awesome box art in stores and fell in love immediately. Heck, my avatar here has almost always been of a character from the game. TWEWY ended perfectly, with only a few things left to guess at. I'm afraid a sequel would undo all that. I don't want a Chrono Cross of this game. TWEWY has seen a rise in popularity lately, even more so since the characters appeared in Kingdom Hearts 3D. At this point, I daresay Square Enix may be milking the game...

Anyway, you are correct FaustWolf. The countdown was revealed to be a port for iPhone/iPad (no Android!). Honestly... I'm not upset with this (except for the no Android part). My only disappointment I've had with the game was that it was only available on the DS. This at least opens it up for a new medium and new players. More music too (that "Calling/Twister" mix is pretty badass). They also added a Twitter feature which ... I could definitely find amusing.

I guess I overreacted. To everyone who hasn't played The World Ends with You, do yourself a favor and try it out sometime.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: August 26, 2012, 06:56:57 pm »
Double post--whoops!
:( What is with gals who say they only want to be friends, and then when you meet someone else, they get mad? I've been friends with a gal for about a month now, and recently I met another gal and fell in love with her. We're engaged right now, and when I told my friend, she said she didn't know if she wanted to be friends anymore. :( She told me she only liked me as a friend, and that she didn't love me. I don't understand how she could say she will always want to be friends, and then tell me she doesn't know anymore because I'm engaged to someone else. I don't think I'll ever understand women. :(

Love is a tricky business. Seeing as you're engaged now, you may have to cut your losses with this other girl... but hopefully it won't come to that. Losing a friend is never easy. At least talk to her about what's going on.

Best of luck to ya.

jamesexia

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 26, 2012, 07:07:21 pm »
Double post--whoops!

Love is a tricky business. Seeing as you're engaged now, you may have to cut your losses with this other girl... but hopefully it won't come to that. Losing a friend is never easy. At least talk to her about what's going on.

Best of luck to ya.
:( I tried, but she said she wanted to be alone for a while. I don't know what she's thinking, but you're right. It's going to hurt like nothing before to lose her as a friend, but I will respect her choice in the matter. Thanks, by the way. I'm just trying to live day by day now, and I can't get too upset about this. I'll give her some space for a few days or weeks, however long she needs to think. It's all I can do for now.

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: August 26, 2012, 07:39:23 pm »
I guess I overreacted. To everyone who hasn't played The World Ends with You, do yourself a favor and try it out sometime.

But I don't have a DS!  (And I hate portable systems because they kill my neck.)  :cry:

I tried, but she said she wanted to be alone for a while. I don't know what she's thinking, but you're right. It's going to hurt like nothing before to lose her as a friend, but I will respect her choice in the matter. Thanks, by the way. I'm just trying to live day by day now, and I can't get too upset about this. I'll give her some space for a few days or weeks, however long she needs to think. It's all I can do for now.

I don't mean to pry, but how old is this friend of yours?  The younger they are, the less a girl's feelings can be relied upon.  Unless she is a very recent ex (and nothing you've said suggests that she is), I can think of no justifiable reason for her scorn based on what she has told you.  I can think of two possibilities for her behavior.  One, that she really does have romantic feelings for you and has never said so, and perhaps has not been able to admit it to herself.  And two, that she's never had romantic feelings for you but views your own engagement as a door being forever closed - a possibility that you and she never openly or privately explored.  I think the second would be the more likely option if you and she have known each other for awhile.  But knowing her only a month?  More likely option one.  In any case, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  I would be more concerned about the girl that you love.  If that relationship is as fast as you've suggested, you better make sure that she is the Marle to your Crono.

jamesexia

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 26, 2012, 08:40:20 pm »

But I don't have a DS!  (And I hate portable systems because they kill my neck.)  :cry:

I tried, but she said she wanted to be alone for a while. I don't know what she's thinking, but you're right. It's going to hurt like nothing before to lose her as a friend, but I will respect her choice in the matter. Thanks, by the way. I'm just trying to live day by day now, and I can't get too upset about this. I'll give her some space for a few days or weeks, however long she needs to think. It's all I can do for now.

I don't mean to pry, but how old is this friend of yours?  The younger they are, the less a girl's feelings can be relied upon.  Unless she is a very recent ex (and nothing you've said suggests that she is), I can think of no justifiable reason for her scorn based on what she has told you.  I can think of two possibilities for her behavior.  One, that she really does have romantic feelings for you and has never said so, and perhaps has not been able to admit it to herself.  And two, that she's never had romantic feelings for you but views your own engagement as a door being forever closed - a possibility that you and she never openly or privately explored.  I think the second would be the more likely option if you and she have known each other for awhile.  But knowing her only a month?  More likely option one.  In any case, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  I would be more concerned about the girl that you love.  If that relationship is as fast as you've suggested, you better make sure that she is the Marle to your Crono.
Who said you were prying? :wink:
But yeah, I have only known this friend for about two months now, and have been a friend to her for one. She's been through a very nasty divorce recently, and that probably has something to do with it, that and last year she lost her brother because he committed suicide. She's a nice person, but I don't love her. And about the gal I do love: Yeah, I know it's pretty quick and all, but we have agreed that if it doesn't seem to be working before we get married, we'll try to work it out. If that doesn't work, we'll call the engagement off. I told my friend this, but I guess she's still hearing the fact I'm engaged right now, and hasn't registered anything else. Thanks for your concern though. :) I don't have many people I can turn to about this, so having people I don't know give me their opinion helps some. My family has said that I should just wait and see how it goes, and not worry. I will do that. I've learned that you sometimes have to burn some bridges before you find what you truly NEED. Again, thanks. I really appreciate everybodies thoughts on this. :D I really hope she is my Marle. :)
EDIT: Oh! I just saw you wanted to know how old she is. Well, first off, I'm 27. She's the same age as me. And the gal I'm engaged to is 24 next month. I don't know what she really wants from me. She said she doesn't even really know what she wants in a guy. She's hoping to find her soulmate, and that she'll know him when she lays eyes on him the first time. I don't really believe in that anymore. I know from seeing members of my family that it takes work for a relationship to last. Heck, my aunt and uncle ran off together in the late '70s, and didn't get married until about '82-'83. They've been together ever since, adn while they argue, they love each other very much. :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:54:00 pm by jamesexia »

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 27, 2012, 08:40:41 am »
EDIT: Oh! I just saw you wanted to know how old she is. Well, first off, I'm 27. She's the same age as me. And the gal I'm engaged to is 24 next month. I don't know what she really wants from me. She said she doesn't even really know what she wants in a guy. She's hoping to find her soulmate, and that she'll know him when she lays eyes on him the first time.

Regarding the bolded part, are you talking about your friend, or your fianceé?

Also I'm confused by this:

She's hoping to find her soulmate, and that she'll know him when she lays eyes on him the first time. I don't really believe in that anymore.

When you said this in the "Stuff you love" thread:

:D Well, I've met a gal who openly admitted she loves me. I love her as well, and we're engaged. I know it's a bit sudden, but it was love at first sight.

So you...don't believe that you can know your soulmate at first sight, but you believe that you can fall in love at first sight?  Either I'm misunderstanding you, or you're contradicting yourself.  I realize "soulmate" and "love" are different things, but they both mean "hey I kinda want to be with you for a long time, if not for the rest of my life" so I fail to see the difference in this particular scenario.