Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 167865 times)

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #1365 on: October 25, 2011, 05:27:07 pm »
So...what color did they decide on?! I need TO KNOW!!

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: October 26, 2011, 06:57:13 am »
So...what color did they decide on?! I need TO KNOW!!

TARDIS blue.  XP

Seriously, that what she called it.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1367 on: October 28, 2011, 05:02:06 pm »
I draw a lot. A lot. So many of them still didn't make it in public. So many of them still unseen by eyes beyond mine. And for a lot of reasons.

Everytime I draw something, everytime I think I'm about to strike gold, I gain this spark -- this zeal -- to be able to envision the world for what it really is, to be able to paint as I see light.

And then I see artists better than me. And I fall in despair, knowing I can't ever be that good. Try as I might, I learn techniques from the masters, I open up to styles I've never touched before, I become one with everything... and nothing. The last I see of my art -- my creation, the fragment of my heart -- lying in the dust, torn to shreds.

Where did this thirst for destruction come from? When did all the colors I envisioned suddenly turn a dull grey? I can see everything, alright, but somehow I can't mold reality to exactly how I envision it, just as I cannot seem to speak my thoughts exactly as they are without the risk of misinterpretation.

And I look back to the discussion I had with some RL friends about the difference between "methods" of my art and Yuumei's. Che...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 05:19:57 pm by tushantin »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1368 on: October 28, 2011, 06:33:32 pm »
Ah, this Euro crisis. Greeks are burning German flags and calling Merkel the new Hitler.

And I support them. Fuck this system, and fuck the IMF and their austerity measures. It's too bad this world's so utterly dependent on it at this point as to prevent pain-free paradigm shifts. While I support world federalism, the economic side of it is too deeply troubled by capitalism's frailties, and that's going to set the social and governmental side of it back years.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:35:32 pm by ZeaLitY »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: October 30, 2011, 03:09:02 am »
I'm generally an optimistic person when it comes to human potential. Often I can face human ignorance and believe that I can make a difference against it. But there are time that I see hate-filled morons spouting off their nonsense and I can only weep. There are some bastions of idiocy that can never be stormed.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1370 on: October 30, 2011, 06:45:39 am »
I'm generally an optimistic person when it comes to human potential. Often I can face human ignorance and believe that I can make a difference against it. But there are time that I see hate-filled morons spouting off their nonsense and I can only weep. There are some bastions of idiocy that can never be stormed.
Hah! Tell me about it.

Tenth Doctor: There is no such thing as an "Ordinary Human".

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: October 31, 2011, 07:02:58 am »
I just accidentally stumbled across a video of "witches" being beaten and burned to death in Kenya. It's such a terrifying display of religious fanaticism gone wrong and human brutality at its worst that it's brought me to tears and made me nauseous. I cannot comprehend the rage and inhumanity that could drive a human to do that to another human, especially one who has done no harm to the attacker. I guess I was just not born with the capacity to understand that.

People say this is what the world would look like if we atheists ran it, if there were no God to guide us. That WE'RE the ones without compassion and morals. And yet, with "God" guiding these people, they... they beat and burned people to death. For not being Christian. There was true, vicious rage in these beatings.

I know the past is full of this kind of thing, like the Crusades. The Internet just brings it to you in terrifying full color. And you can stumble across this stuff accidentally, like I did.

I can't think of anything more religiously batshit than this. I just... everything else, all the battles we fight legally, all the rights we demand in regards to religious freedom... It's to keep inhumane and brutal things like this from happening.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1372 on: October 31, 2011, 08:14:07 am »
I feel your pain there, RW, and it's indeed a horrifying, tribalistic attribute of human nature. What's even worse, but plain and simple, is that it doesn't even depend on what grounds you belong to. The poison simply finds a way into people's hearts. And this poison is political in nature, not ethical nor moral, which makes it even more powerful and disgusting. And it will stay whether or not we have a religious nation or atheistic.

In one place you'll see witches being burned by Christian fanatics. In another you'll see a white guy kicking a black just for the heck of it. In another, it's Atheists bullying and beating a religious person, even if the latter did not intend any harm. We'll see females being oppressed by males, poor being used as ash-trays by the rich, modernists will treat traditionalists like shit, young people treating the elderly as disposable, artists being crushed under the feat of businessmen and lawmakers, and commoners having nowhere else to go.

So tell me: Why must we war because we see something the others cannot? Why can't we all just get along now? What makes someone more important than another?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:16:18 am by tushantin »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1373 on: October 31, 2011, 09:58:33 am »
In one place you'll see witches being burned by Christian fanatics. In another you'll see a white guy kicking a black just for the heck of it.

In another, it's Atheists bullying and beating a religious person, even if the latter did not intend any harm.

Oh yeah, those are like, totally equal. And we all know how common it is for roving packs of atheists to go around beating up religious people.

The "persecution" of the religious by atheists boils down to having their Dominionist little bubble burst when the godless demand equal rights and freedom from religion. If we have the guts to deal with death without afterlife, they should be able to muster the tiny, tiny strength to tolerate dissent.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1374 on: October 31, 2011, 04:46:08 pm »
ZeaLitY, I can understand where you're coming from, and seeing your endurance and stress in a nation driven wild by Dominionists I think your anger is valid. And it's not even about tolerating dissent, but they also have to understand it with a practical perception (see, what I mean by "this poison is political"?).

However, you fail to see what I mean here. I was talking about the poison itself, not the differences between Atheism and Religion. I believe I was clear enough in my previous post so I won't repeat myself here unless someone has a question or doubt.

However, I have something to clarify:
Oh yeah, those are like, totally equal.
They totally are. When a man is dead, it is irrelevant whether the murderer was religious or atheist. A crime is a crime, and the killer will be penalized.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:58:29 pm by tushantin »

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: November 04, 2011, 06:08:39 am »
D cried today because he was so scared of losing me and frightened in general.  Crying as in sobbing.  I have rarely seen him cry (because of that "real men don't cry" bullshit that's been drilled into men's heads) and so it tears me up inside to see him bogged down enough by fear and despair to the point where he started sobbing.  I love him more than I can express, and I hate to see him in so much pain.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1376 on: November 04, 2011, 06:58:49 am »
D cried today because he was so scared of losing me and frightened in general.  Crying as in sobbing.  I have rarely seen him cry (because of that "real men don't cry" bullshit that's been drilled into men's heads) and so it tears me up inside to see him bogged down enough by fear and despair to the point where he started sobbing.  I love him more than I can express, and I hate to see him in so much pain.
I don't know what to comment on that, Saj, but I felt there was something incredibly important here. I know you think it's bullshit that "real men don't cry", but I see it more in a poetic sense; however, what's most important is that he let himself cry, and especially in front of you. You probably know what that means. It means that you're everything to him.

A man never cries before his mistress, to let know that everything will be alright (then again, women do it too, so yes, that phrase is bullshit). But when he does, when he finally gets swept away by emotions, you know what means the most to him. You know that he never wants to let you go.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 07:05:04 am by tushantin »

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 04, 2011, 08:03:14 am »
I don't know what to comment on that, Saj, but I felt there was something incredibly important here. I know you think it's bullshit that "real men don't cry", but I see it more in a poetic sense; however, what's most important is that he let himself cry, and especially in front of you. You probably know what that means. It means that you're everything to him.

Please tell me what is poetic about telling a man that "real men don't cry".

A man never cries before his mistress, to let know that everything will be alright (then again, women do it too, so yes, that phrase is bullshit). But when he does, when he finally gets swept away by emotions, you know what means the most to him. You know that he never wants to let you go.

...Or it just means that he needs to cry.  Or is emotional because his kid was just born or something.

And don't generalize all men.  I know plenty of men who cry often.  And most of the men I know don't cry to let someone know that "everything will be okay", but because they've been programmed from day one that crying is "being a pussy" or some shit like that.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 08:07:05 am by Sajainta »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1378 on: November 04, 2011, 10:25:52 am »
If the situation is distressing there, Saj, we can have that philosophical discussion some other day. You said he was scared of losing you, and being a guy I've been there.

I was just trying to be comforting here. If I've come off as anything else, I'm sorry. Forget whatever I said.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1379 on: November 04, 2011, 10:31:01 am »
On a completely different note, someone from our building passed away today. One of the twins, 30 of age. The twins used to fight a lot, threatening and calling each other names, but when Death comes you realize that the person who's face you never wanted to see apparently is the closest to your heart.