Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 167635 times)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #1305 on: September 27, 2011, 11:40:44 am »
I really, really, really hate slut-shaming.

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: September 27, 2011, 09:30:15 pm »
I really, really, really hate slut-shaming.
Quoted for truth.

I had a friend once. He was doing something, and another friend told him to stop. He kept doing it. She kind of freaked out and left. I told him to apologize, and he said that she was asking for it by annoying him. He found no reason to apologize to her.

He and I are not friends anymore.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1307 on: October 01, 2011, 02:43:19 pm »
http://www.news.com.au/national/schools-insert-god-into-australian-anthem/story-e6frfkvr-1226155301780

THOUSANDS of schoolchildren are being forced to sing an alternative version of the Australian national anthem that installs "Christ" as the country's head of state and removes any reference to the Southern Cross.

Oh, Australia. First John Howard, then an atheist PM who still forbids gay marriage, and now this. There's an insane, fundamentalist right-wing strain of fascism at work down under.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1308 on: October 01, 2011, 04:03:49 pm »
http://www.news.com.au/national/schools-insert-god-into-australian-anthem/story-e6frfkvr-1226155301780

THOUSANDS of schoolchildren are being forced to sing an alternative version of the Australian national anthem that installs "Christ" as the country's head of state and removes any reference to the Southern Cross.

Oh, Australia. First John Howard, then an atheist PM who still forbids gay marriage, and now this. There's an insane, fundamentalist right-wing strain of fascism at work down under.
*twitch* Okay, now this is fucking weird! I know I keep bashing you guys for being inconsiderate, but this time you have every right to speak against them. FIRE!!

My apologies, I feel crazy today. Just snapped back to my senses and realized I ought to stay away from "fan-following" and think rationally. But upon reading the article, here's my two cents:

At first I took their action (of changing the anthem) as a form of offense, restriction, force and discrimination against both the non-Christians (Sikhs, Jews, etc.) and the Atheists. But then the article states that even though it was only the Christian schools that did, "Federal Education Minister Peter Garrett has admonished the unauthorized words, saying that under national protocols the anthem should not be modified and that the alternative verse had no place in the state's educational institutions".

"There are many opportunities to express pride in your faith, but the national anthem is not one of them. It shouldn't be tampered with."

But at the same time I also wonder if these Christian schools are for Christians only. While changing the National Anthem isn't a good idea, why not simply keep it as an independent chorus pertaining to those schools? If the children love to sing in gusto, I see no problems in it.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1309 on: October 01, 2011, 04:53:23 pm »
*drops his spoon* I just... came to a frightening revelation...

I decided to take a break (and by "taking a break" I mean "go back to work at the cafe", because only intense frustrations can get rid of latent frustrations), and when I was finally free for a spare few minutes I stood besides the stairs and mused silently. It didn't occur to me then, though it did just now pertaining to what I thought of then. I knew there was something inherently strange when people like ZeaLitY, Josh (I refuse to call him 'Lord'), Saj, etc. claimed that they didn't believe in "predetermined destiny" but somehow believed that "Time Travel was real" (if you ask me, it was a self-defeating belief), but only now did I come to a conclusion, and I swear a logical conclusion (not assumption) that...

...there is no such thing as "creating your own destiny". I tried to reassess the conclusion from different points of view (psychological, neuro-scientifical, anthropological, quantum, philosophical, etc.) but I came to the same conclusion from  every corner. Well, I can't say much about "predetermined future" (and you can't hold it against me; I know how some of you people think sometimes, "Oh, if he said that then he probably believes in destiny") because I don't have sufficient data on that but I can say that "predetermined destiny" wouldn't be a far-etched concept either when detecting the mode of existantials, though I have yet to prove or disprove it. What I do think is that there is no proper way that a person can be directly responsible for where he/she ends up, and (at a quantum scale) reason/motive play a relatively small part in the process even if it exists in applied action. The patterns depend in likelihood and predictability with environs and mood taken into account, unless a foreign effect takes place.

At the same time, I must have said a countless times that wars between beliefs is highly idiotic for human species, but only this time did I actually get a proper reason / evidence for it. Firstly, neither the religious parties nor the Athiests / Ant-Theists are actually 100% right about any of what they stand for, but the agnostics come closer to accurate results on their perspective and the rare transcendental liberals reach even more so. I'm not saying that the "battle of beliefs" is a futile thing, but from my data it may as well be: it wouldn't matter who wins, because regardless of the outcome nothing significant would change. But of course, I'm a nobody when it comes to advising folks, so keep playing with your swords and dolls...

I've been right pertaining to Free Will, I've been right pertaining to Ignorance and Knowledge, I've been right pertaining to Meaning of Life, and now I think I'm right about Destiny... and I don't like this. I'm horrified where this is going. But if I know one thing, beliefs and religion are out of my journal to ponder about -- while belief still lingers, religion and Atheism have become mundane and inconsequential. I'll move on to studying advanced existential, binary thought, NLP, cosmology, more psychology (can't get enough of it), and perhaps mathematics, etc. (oww, my head hurts...)

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: October 07, 2011, 02:43:21 am »
y hello thur person who is blatantly ripping off something I wrote.  How about you go fuck yourself?

Btw, changing a word here and there doesn't make it yours.  Leave my writing alone and get some goddamn originality and talent.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1311 on: October 07, 2011, 03:27:27 am »
y hello thur person who is blatantly ripping off something I wrote.  How about you go fuck yourself?

Btw, changing a word here and there doesn't make it yours.  Leave my writing alone and get some goddamn originality and talent.
I think I'm missing something here. Who ripped off your writing?

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: October 07, 2011, 03:30:29 am »
No one here.  I found something I had written slightly tweaked on another person's website.  Ugh.  I just hate plagiarism.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: October 07, 2011, 06:08:58 am »
It's cool that your ideas were catchy enough to be plagiarized though, Saj! *Sigh*, how I aspire to be plagiarized one day!  :cry:

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: October 07, 2011, 06:27:40 am »
It's cool that your ideas were catchy enough to be plagiarized though, Saj! *Sigh*, how I aspire to be plagiarized one day!  :cry:

I guess...  It just really hurts me.  Writing is my life, and to see it being passed off by someone else fills me with such rage.  Especially if it's something very personal.  It was a very personal post I wrote three years ago, and this person had the gall to steal it and tweak a few words here and there to pass it off as their own.

This isn't the first time this has happened either.  So far I've been plagiarized three times.  Two years ago in April, an essay of mine was circulating Facebook and Tumblr with NO CREDIT given.  People I didn't even know were posting it.  It made me so angry.  Those are MY words.  If you want to circulate them, fine.  But ASK ME FIRST and for the love of god CREDIT ME!  ><

Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting at you, FW.  I'm not.  This just makes me mad.  =/

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1315 on: October 07, 2011, 06:53:56 am »
 :shock:

And I was hoping to have a blog for my thoughts.

Now I'm wiser to be lazy.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: October 07, 2011, 02:32:39 pm »
WARNING OF SYNA PROFANITY AND GENERAL RANTINESS

If my company's ol' white guy country club management says the word 'millenial' again, I will... keep my mouth shut, but imagine DEEPLY GRUESOME DEATH.

They keep talking about how 'entitled' we are, how we 'have no company loyalty', how we don't know the meaning of hard work. But, they say, we're good multitaskers! We work in teams! We're nice! Oh, yay!

Damning with faint praise, much? We're adults and professionals. We do our jobs gratefully and well if given the appropriate amount of time and guidance. Apparently, though, any problems with production are the fault of our millenialism, and not poor project direction.

(As a background: I worked for a forward-thinking company that knew how to treat young creative professionals for about a year. However, due to awful management and embezzlement, the company went under and was taken over by the company they subcontracted for. This company is much more old-fashioned and run by the most stereotypical boy's club you can imagine, so they weren't used to artist types in their 20s and 30s. The management is just as bad, but they have money.)

No, you fucktards, we are not 'entitled'. In fact, because we're establishing our careers IN A RECESSION, we are happy to have a job - which is why we're dealing with your white-guy-privileged asses. WE DON'T HAVE COMPANY LOYALTY BECAUSE MANY OF US HAD PARENTS WHO WERE FIRED FROM COMPANIES THEY WERE LOYAL TO FOR YEARS - for the new and young, or because their jobs became obsolete and the company was too concerned with the bottom line to care. We do challenge our old-white-dude managers sometimes, but that's because old-white-dude managers seem to think they know everything about, I dunno, audio engineering and 3D graphics when they've been in a cubicle shuffling paperwork their entire adult lives.

And yes, we know how to use the Internet. And yes, the production guys resent the Internet filtration. THEY USE FORUMS AND YOUTUBE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COMPLICATED GRAPHICS PROGRAMS THEY USE FOR WORK. Dumbasses.

On top of that, I'd much rather fucking be a ditzy millenial than some beastly old dude who resents affirmative action, swings his weight around, makes everyone loathe him, and sexually harasses our actresses.

Sorry guys. Vent over. I've been filming for work and film sets are absolute banal existential hell a lot of the time. (Not to mention they include a lot of contact with these people.)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 02:37:36 pm by Syna »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1317 on: October 07, 2011, 03:07:03 pm »
Yes. In my last interview, I had a partner look at my resume and ask me, given all my amazing achievements, why I didn't have a job yet and that this situation was inconsistent.

I wanted to say, "Why don't you fucking tell me why I don't have a job?"

What a fucking attitude. Of course, this is goddamned shitass Texas. I didn't say that in reply, of course. Didn't get the job either. This system of perpetual growth capitalism cannot last forever.

O, deliver me to Portland, or some other place where I can reasonably expect people not to be right-wing, religious assholes.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 03:11:48 pm by ZeaLitY »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1318 on: October 07, 2011, 04:08:01 pm »
And yes, the production guys resent the Internet filtration. THEY USE FORUMS AND YOUTUBE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COMPLICATED GRAPHICS PROGRAMS THEY USE FOR WORK. Dumbasses.
Whoops!  :oops: *panics, skips away unnoticed*

Pardon my rudeness, Syna, but really: that's probably the most adorable rant I've heard all month. XDDD Why can't all rants be like that?

And yes, I've had my fair share of experienced of these 'oldy blokes' and their kiddie-tailored ideals too. Something tells me that I ought to expect more of it.

Yes. In my last interview, I had a partner look at my resume and ask me, given all my amazing achievements, why I didn't have a job yet and that this situation was inconsistent.

I wanted to say, "Why don't you fucking tell me why I don't have a job?"
I'm probably not the best person to advise you on this (since you're more experienced than me), but I think the best bet here would actually be to lie. Of course, not outright (preserve some truth for evidence's sake), but bend your reality to your favor. It may also help to use certain psychological tactics to give yourself an edge (I'm still learning that stuff).

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: October 07, 2011, 04:35:46 pm »
Ah, shit, I can't believe that actually happened to you Z. I mean, I can, but it's the kind of thing you read about on news stories and wonder if it really reflects reality because it's so ludicrous on its face. It's probably not just Texas either. There's either a strain of Social Darwinism going around (and I wonder if Syna's employers have also been infected?) or else a bad case of denial. And this denial is part of what's prolonging our economic stagnation. We're not going to solve this until everyone gets their heads out of the sand.

Ultimately, I had to make my own job -- found an entrepreneur with a good idea and cast my lot with him. Money's still next to nonexistent, even after a year of hammering at this through sheer force of will, but it's one way of keeping the ol' resume full.