Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 167544 times)

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #1245 on: June 30, 2011, 08:02:55 am »
I hate when my family doesn't follow up on things.

A while back, I posted in the frustration thread that one of my favorite aunts had cancer. She still has cancer. However, when we found out (through my estranged crazy aunt) about this, my parents were like 'HOLY SHIT. WE ARE GOING TO HELP HER ANY WAY WE CAN.' Instead of calling, my mother sent an email. We haven't tried again, we haven't called, we haven't even gone out to visit. We've just sat here, wasting our lives away.

It's just...   :roll:

You should probably take the action yourself then and call your aunt, or try to arrange a visit.
I plan on it. I'm going to call her later today, when I get in from my adventure, see what's up with her.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1246 on: June 30, 2011, 05:40:31 pm »
Quote from: Andrew Carnegie
The man who dies thus rich dies disgraced.

I passionately hate the rich. It was Carnegie's philosophy that the rich are but trustees for civilization, who as possessors of great power could administer it wisely to improve the whole of humanity, and thus dispense all their wealth before death for the common weal. I agree; this is an ethical imperative. He predicted that capitalism would facilitate this. It decisively has not. Not only do the rich protect their own interests at the expense of others and abuse this system, their charities will always be ineffectual. It is the state that has the power to pass laws; it is the state that commands; it is the state that can enforce change. You can dump as much money as you want into Sudan for aid, but only a state; only laws will have the power to regulate and enforce peace and end unrest. This sad situation is repeated all over the earth. Time for something different. Let there be a strengthened, meritocratic state.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 05:53:13 pm by ZeaLitY »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1247 on: June 30, 2011, 08:23:00 pm »
This sad situation is repeated all over the earth. Time for something different. Let there be a strengthened, meritocratic state.
ALL HAIL GENGHIS KHAN!

I sort of agree with what you said there. Was gonna debate a little about the rich factor, especially about the inherent flaws in meritocracy and how it could be improved, but I'm a wee bit tired right now. So, for now...

ALL HAIL GENGHIS KHAN!

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #1248 on: July 02, 2011, 06:05:36 pm »
Stomachache... apparently something I ate disagreed with me or something. I felt just a little sick this morning, but now it's getting painful. I'm waiting for the medicine to calm down the pain a little, urgh  :picardno ...also, this made me remember that  people enjoy the "morning sickness/OMG you're pregnant!" joke a little too much for my liking  :lol:

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1249 on: July 25, 2011, 06:39:21 pm »
Note to self: Never break anyone's mood by stating facts, even if they are true, and especially when they feel inspired.

My parents wanted to watch that new series about Gandhi on TV, and I... did the unthinkable... Gah, stupid illness messing with my head!

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 04, 2011, 03:07:34 am »
Don't know where to put this without making a separate thread...

Anyway, I just found out that, back in Washington, one of my best friend's mother died a few hours ago.

They have been shed.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:10:23 am by Manly Man »

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 04, 2011, 10:36:17 pm »
My friend got beat up last night, no provocation at all. Just some assholes in the neighbor with a sick, corrupted idea of pleasure. Thankfully, my friend's injuries are not severe. Still...

:picardno

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1252 on: August 05, 2011, 04:21:24 pm »
My friend got beat up last night, no provocation at all. Just some assholes in the neighbor with a sick, corrupted idea of pleasure. Thankfully, my friend's injuries are not severe. Still...

o___O Didn't you guys report to the police or something? Hope you're friend's recovering well...

Don't know where to put this without making a separate thread...

Anyway, I just found out that, back in Washington, one of my best friend's mother died a few hours ago.

They have been shed.
:(

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1253 on: August 06, 2011, 07:02:06 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/08/06/norway.polar.bear.death/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

It kinda sucks when organization don't practice precautions well.

R.I.P. Horatio Chapple. You were one of the few teens of your age with a clear light before you. Never knew ya, but I salute your dreams.  :kz

Also, R.I.P. Polar Bear. I know you were simply doing your thing you do in the wilderness, but... don't messy with those human baddies again and don't hurt them because some of them are awesome too. Please? We cool?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 09, 2011, 04:07:39 pm »
http://www.allfacebook.com/fox-news-facebook-page-gets-8000-death-threats-2011-08

Step 1: Appear on TV as atheist
Step 2: Receive 8,000+ death threats
Step 3: ????

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1255 on: August 09, 2011, 04:12:54 pm »
http://www.allfacebook.com/fox-news-facebook-page-gets-8000-death-threats-2011-08

Step 4: Strut like a boss

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 09, 2011, 04:28:18 pm »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1257 on: August 09, 2011, 04:37:57 pm »

American Fundamental Christians are so screwed up. It's like a mindless mob of Twilight/Bieber Haters/Lovers.

I'd say instead of fighting back aggressively (because doing so will only worsen the situation in both sides again) step into their own game and point out their hypocrisy. This method always works.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 09, 2011, 07:10:25 pm »
Neutralizing those people (or, rather, the threat they pose to civilization) without provoking them to commit mass murder, is a key priority of modern society.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1259 on: August 12, 2011, 04:37:05 pm »
If you guys don't like me sharing interesting views in this forums than please please please honestly say so and I'll fucking stop!

Nevertheless, the western mindset (not all, but most) is too screwed up, including those of Fundamentalist Christians, Extremist Atheist, Radical Feminists, people who think they are smarter than they actually are, etc. It's like they've created some kind of an angry fanclub, just asking for wars.