Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 167881 times)

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #1005 on: February 27, 2010, 02:21:30 am »
Most people with synesthesia are left-handed, interestingly enough.  Left-handed, horrible at math, and have really good memories.  I have the latter two.  But I'm boring and right-handed.  :)

I have a right handed friend who has synesthesia. I should let him know what's been denied to him.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 27, 2010, 04:21:21 am »
I have a right handed friend who has synesthesia. I should let him know what's been denied to him.

Also, most people with synesthesia are female.  Yet another thing he's been denied!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 27, 2010, 06:15:14 am »
It is an ugly fucking crime that Club977 plays the full "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight" by Phil Collins, but doesn't play the full Purple Rain by Prince, even though they're the same length. The number of hits Phil Collins had in the 80s is also a massive crime. There were better songs.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 28, 2010, 05:39:06 pm »

Hey, I like Phil Collins...

Well, his later work, anyways.

:picardno

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 01, 2010, 12:26:05 am »
I think I'd not mind Collins so much if he'd just let poor Genesis die in peace, before the 80s pop years kicked off.  To go from 'Selling England...' to 'Abacab' and 'I Can't Dance' is just...  :picardno

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 01, 2010, 12:34:58 am »

Well, the 80s wasn't a good decade for him...

but the 90s did him some (read: some) justice.  "Tarzan", anyone?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:36:44 am by GenesisOne »

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 03, 2010, 01:46:01 pm »
I hate how the following words are overused and applied to stupid and small things::

- Hate.
- Heartbroken.

Ugh.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 03, 2010, 03:33:37 pm »
I hate it when you start using a new stack of printer paper mid-print project and it is a slightly different color than the stuff before it, so the packet isn't uniform. Indeed, I am really heartbroken over such turn of events.

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 03, 2010, 04:30:35 pm »
'We should've stopped the Holocaust but we didn't. Well, we learned at least. Never again.'
'Rwanda, eh? We'll know for next time. Never again.'
'Darfur too? Third time's the charm, right? Never again.'

http://freekorea.us/2007/02/18/holocaust-now-looking-down-into-hell-at-camp-22/

Never again?!

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 03, 2010, 07:13:44 pm »
My Facial hair grow so damn fast and full.  :x

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 03, 2010, 08:44:03 pm »
Poor baby.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 03, 2010, 09:57:38 pm »
'We should've stopped the Holocaust but we didn't. Well, we learned at least. Never again.'
'Rwanda, eh? We'll know for next time. Never again.'
'Darfur too? Third time's the charm, right? Never again.'

http://freekorea.us/2007/02/18/holocaust-now-looking-down-into-hell-at-camp-22/

Never again?!

People have wondered--I've wondered, myself--how the world stood by during the Holocaust. The sense of it seems to be that most people didn't know about it. Those who had some idea, didn't much care. Those who had the power to act, lacked the will.

If these reports are true, and there is evil underway in North Korea to the degree of malevolence described therein, then are media are complicit in these atrocities for not doing more to bash the story down our collective throats, the American public is complicit in these atrocities for yawning at the sanctity of life they claim to hold so dear, and the American government--who no doubt knows a lot more about this than is publicly available--is directly an accessory to these crimes by not intervening to stop them.

I didn't know about this. The descriptions are so terrible that I can't even bring myself to accept their validity without corroboration. I want for them to be untrue, not only so that those who are said to suffer in these camps may be phantoms, but so that I won't have to look at the governments of the liberal democracies of the Earth with a new sheen of contempt. If these reports are true, and our nations have done nothing, then my already tenuous confidence in democracy will be shaken all the more.

If I were the president, I would have my military commanders present me with a plan within the month to liberate the camps, at whatever the cost to American military lives and even American civilian lives and the lives of civilians in other nations, should North Korea choose to retaliate with its nuclear weapons. No military should exist, nor nation, if it would not use force to right this kind of a wrong. Power obligates.

I don't understand the depravity of which some people are capable. Even "simple" genocide would be within my ability to understand, if one can relate to it as the eradication of one's enemies, but turning living people's lives into nightmares of every kind of torture imaginable, and dispensing the same to their families, and then killing them...that's not fathomable to me. Either the people responsible for it do not understand what they're doing, or they're insane. There's no way to rationalize this.

From the Armenians to the Rwandans, the 20th century broke new ground in the scale of horrors that humans have visited upon one another. With Sudan--another country where we must intervene--I had known that the 21st century is off to a good start. But I didn't know about North Korea...

We can't even blame religion on this one. It's fuckery of another kind, human pettiness without even the pretense of righteous justification. It's plain, unadulterated malice. I hate having my politics played with like this, but, if these reports are true, then, despite all the lessons I've learned from Iraq, the next American president to propose attacking North Korea will have my support.

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1017 on: March 03, 2010, 11:54:48 pm »
Quote from: Lord J.
If I were the president, I would have my military commanders present me with a plan within the month to liberate the camps, at whatever the cost to American military lives and even American civilian lives and the lives of civilians in other nations, should North Korea choose to retaliate with its nuclear weapons. No military should exist, nor nation, if it would not use force to right this kind of a wrong. Power obligates.

Human depravity will never cease to amaze me....but damnit, I wish the people in power would actually learn something.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 22, 2010, 02:13:12 am »
Friends in pain.
Friends who have been told that things that are a huge deal are not a huge deal.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 14, 2010, 09:07:58 am »
http://kotaku.com/5516654/x+com-is-back

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO000000000oooooo......

It's going to be a damn FPS!!!