Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 167579 times)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #960 on: December 30, 2009, 08:41:41 pm »
AAAAAANNNND I just lost me job too, FUCK!!

Arakial

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 10, 2010, 05:34:36 am »
A lot of my friends are in so much pain right now.  It hurts.  It hurts so badly, and I wish I could take it all away.  But I can't.

On the 3rd, I got a "suicide call" from a friend.  She wanted so badly to end her life.  She felt she had no one to talk to, she wanted someone to listen.  She was crying.  She said she called me because I was kind and wise and she knew I would understand.  I told her I didn't want her to die.  I let her talk.  She is going through so much, and it breaks me.  I listened, because sometimes that's all people need.  Just for someone to listen to them.  I tried to help as much as I could, but I knew she needed to tell someone this, someone who didn't live states away.  I told her she needed to tell her parents, her sister, her boyfriend, her friends--anyone--that she was feeling this way, because she needed help from someone physically close to her.  I asked her to promise me that she would tell someone.  She said she would.  After the phone call I started crying.  Because her pain hurt me so badly.  I can't stomach the thought of someone I care about going through so much pain.

This wasn't the first suicide call I have received from a friend, and it will probably not be the last.  I try to be there for them as much as I can, but I feel so inadequate.  I wish I could save them.  It brings me such sorrow to know that so many people I cherish suffer, whether it's from depression or self-injury or eating disorders or the awful pain of loneliness and isolate.  I burn with absolute rage to know that so many people I cherish have had so many heinous things done to them.  I have often wished I could hunt down and kill all of those terrible people.

I try to be a good friend, a good listener, a person who is always there for those I care about.  But I so badly wish I could do more.  I wish I could erase all of their suffering.  They all deserve so much better than what they have been dealt in life.

I hate it.  I hate that I cannot do more, and I hate even more that these people have had to go through or are currently going through such emotional and physical hell.

Arakial

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 17, 2010, 03:16:41 am »
http://laptoplogic.com/resources/a-beginners-guide-on-how-to-install-linux-software
Quote from: Some fool's comment
Totally useless. I know nothing about linux and this article re-enforces that. what is sudo? how do you get files transferred to the desktop? Why are you using a terminal window in a graphical interface? sn't there an easier way in a GUI program to install files.? I guess I will install windows on my netbook after all. This is for the birds.
Disgusting. You would know what "sudo" is if you actually made an effort to enlighten yourself. This is willful ignorance. Plain and simple.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 17, 2010, 05:42:40 am »
Eh, some people just have an easier time getting it than others.  Unless you're particularly good at educating yourself about OS ins and outs, learning Linux can be pretty intimidating.  I don't hold it against anyone for deciding it's not for them, although I am a fan myself.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 17, 2010, 06:17:30 am »
I hate whats going on now! I have this girl friend at school. She is a really shy girl but now she became really talkative. After we got to know each other I started to have feelings for her. However, everytime I tried to tell her she ran away. So then she realized with me classic tactic of "show them with out words".
In the end she never gave me an answer and now we are farther apart than ever...
I hate that I didn't just keep her as a friend. Now I lost her both ways =/

I also hate my bed I wake up with such a pain in my back and neck every damn morning... DAMN!
I've been cracking my neck since then! I might go to a chiropractor.

Oh, plus apart from all that my parents are divorcing now... and is the most horrible thing ever. My mum divorced my biological dad when i was like 2 so I have never went through such a thing. This happening again now that I am 18 is such a freaking pain.
If this happens I might have to go back to Argentina because the guy is such a fucking asshole. I nearly beat him down last time becasue he didn't want to sign the papers to receive the Youth allowance.

So only money i get is from my grandparents.

CAN I SAY SOMETHIN!!!!
FUCKKKKK HIM!!!!!!

I HATE THAT FUCKING BASTARD! HE THINK HE IS MY FUCKING DAD AND THAT HE HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO!
AND TREATS MY MUM LIKE SHIT! I SWEAR IF SOMETHING HAPPENS I GONNA FUCK HIM UP!

Well... I guess I took that out! I haven't talk to any friends about it... so I just yell it out load here... DAMN IT!

:picardno :picardno :picardno :picardno :picardno :picardno :picardno :picardno :picardno :picardno :picardno :picardno

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 17, 2010, 12:11:38 pm »
Good luck making it through.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 17, 2010, 02:53:34 pm »
I hate whats going on now! I have this girl friend at school. She is a really shy girl but now she became really talkative. After we got to know each other I started to have feelings for her. However, everytime I tried to tell her she ran away. So then she realized with me classic tactic of "show them with out words".
In the end she never gave me an answer and now we are farther apart than ever...
I hate that I didn't just keep her as a friend. Now I lost her both ways =/

That's an important lesson. Contrary to what you might read in literature or see in films, a blossoming friendship with an interesting person belonging to the sex of your preference is not typically well-suited to develop into a romantic relationship. Sometimes--nay, usually--a friend is just a friend. If you push for romance with every interesting female you meet, you will end up with male friends only.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 17, 2010, 04:30:51 pm »

I personally hate begin requested to play "background music" for social gatherings at my house.

I hate this because of my predisposition when it comes to playing piano, which is that I would like to play knowing that there is at least somebody else BESIDES ME listening to my performance.

Otherwise, I'm just giving away a free piano concert to kids and adults who probably don't give a crap what piano music goes on in the background.  Heck, they've even thought of me as a distraction than an enhancement of the mood of the gathering.

Arakial

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 17, 2010, 05:44:58 pm »
Eh, some people just have an easier time getting it than others.  Unless you're particularly good at educating yourself about OS ins and outs, learning Linux can be pretty intimidating.  I don't hold it against anyone for deciding it's not for them, although I am a fan myself.
You miss the point. That something is intimidating is a poor excuse for not pursuing knowledge when one is interested in something. And he attempted to pursue it for a second, so it seems, thereafter saying "aw it's too difficult, this article is totally useless. I'm a total mook and this article won't change that anytime."

Further, the commentor is simply asking for something that the article is not meant to do. That is, the article is meant to show how to convert installation files into readable execution format, not provide a fundamental understanding of terminal commands. There's many (and when I say 'many' I mean thousands) articles that will help explain the basics for the computer illiterate to the intermediate.

There is no justification for willful ignorance and that's something I'm not going to back down on.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 17, 2010, 10:23:13 pm »
MagilsugaM, that is really wrenching to hear.  It's hard enough losing friends, but potentially having a family fall apart on top of it, geez.  And, I don't know what goes on between your stepfather and your mother, but I really hope that it doesn't wind up violent in any way...

When I came to the main page of the site today, the displayed slogan happened to be my now favorite quote from Chrono Trigger:

Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end...
I think.

Heh, for what it is worth.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 18, 2010, 01:25:19 am »
MagilsugaM, that is really wrenching to hear.  It's hard enough losing friends, but potentially having a family fall apart on top of it, geez.  And, I don't know what goes on between your stepfather and your mother, but I really hope that it doesn't wind up violent in any way...

When I came to the main page of the site today, the displayed slogan happened to be my now favorite quote from Chrono Trigger:

Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end...
I think.

Heh, for what it is worth.

Well... I don't care anymore since I have never had a "family" but even if I did I wouldn't be perfect. I have my dad in my country and we talk to each other and he use to see me every weekend but now taht I came here I realized what I have lost.

Anyways there is no physical violence involved so it's all cool... he doesn't have the guts to hit me or my mum. Plus I am bigger than him. I think he is scared. However, he wants to throw us on the streets as soon as we get the permanent residence, it's gonna be though but we gonna make it through just fine! 

Quote from: Lord J Esq
That's an important lesson. Contrary to what you might read in literature or see in films, a blossoming friendship with an interesting person belonging to the sex of your preference is not typically well-suited to develop into a romantic relationship. Sometimes--nay, usually--a friend is just a friend. If you push for romance with every interesting female you meet, you will end up with male friends only.

That's what happens most of my life. Only those girls that actually "asked me out" or started it were the ones that I have formed successful relationships with. Every time I screw up and go to the friends side because I don't know how to do a romance approach. =/ I guess I will learn that with time.

Quote from:  ZeaLitY
Good luck making it through.

Thanks Z!

May the Springtime of Youth give me energy to achieve the impossible!

Thanks you all guys... I will post again if anything changed! :P

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 18, 2010, 01:36:44 am »
Wow, MagilsugaM...I am so sorry.  That is so much to deal with.  Ugh, your step"father" sounds like an absolute asshole.  :x

I'm so sorry you and your mother have to deal with all of this.  I hope you two make it through alright.  You will definitely be in my thoughts.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 18, 2010, 12:43:30 pm »
You miss the point.

As did you. It is possible to be so ignorant on a topic that one doesn't even know where to begin with teaching themselves. With the wonders of the internet it is much easier to find information, but finding information suited to such a beginning level is still difficult. So imagine that there is a person, let's call him Slowy McSlow, who has heard about Linux and is interested in installing it on their computer. They decide to inform themselves of how to do such a thing. So they call upon the arcane powers of the interwebs and summon forth what appears to be the perfect article: A Beginner's Guide to Installing Linux. As a beginner into the field of computer-whatchamacallits, a beginner's guide seems wonderful! Then they read the article. It makes assumptions. It isn't really a beginners guide intended for the unwashed masses but rather for individuals already familiar with computer-whatchamavallits. Slowy McSlow, being a member of the unwashed masses, a member who notably was attempting to educate himself (hence why he was reading the article in the first place), reads it, and is disappointed. There is not truth in advertising, from his perspective. Could he go learn all the technobabble necessary for him to understand the article? Sure, but that isn't what the article promised (from his perspective). He’s attempting to educate himself, but the article mocked those attempts.

There is no justification for willful ignorance and that's something I'm not going to back down on.

Charlemagne, Æthelberht of Kent, Jordanes, polypropylene, Augustine of Hippo, Augustine of Canterbury, epigenetics, micro RNA, mRNA, spissitude, MC4R pathway, glass transition state, SCA, Asia, positive punishment v negative rewards, GNS theory, dice pools, branes, chryssalids, aaaaand Darkwing Duck. There, you now have a lovely list of topics that you may or may not be knowledgeable about. If you do not go investigate the ones you aren't familiar with, then you are willfully choosing to remain ignorant. When you get done with those, I am quite sure I can come up with another small selection to keep you busy. And another. And another.

Not giving a flying rat’s ass has traditionally been a very legitimate form of justification for people willfully remaining ignorant on a whole host of topics. What turns this into a vice is when the individual willfully remains ignorant on issues that are important. Of course, what counts as being important tends to be rather subjective.

Arakial

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 18, 2010, 03:47:37 pm »
True enough. But willful ignorance != natural ignorance (which everyone possesses). Your argument assumes I made that jump. Further, if like the person I mentioned,  this would be a better article to learn about terminal commands. http://davestechsupport.com/blog/2008/06/14/the-linux-terminal-for-beginners/

Quote from: Thought
Charlemagne, Æthelberht of Kent, Jordanes, polypropylene, Augustine of Hippo, Augustine of Canterbury, epigenetics, micro RNA, mRNA, spissitude, MC4R pathway, glass transition state, SCA, Asia, positive punishment v negative rewards, GNS theory, dice pools, branes, chryssalids, aaaaand Darkwing Duck. If you do not go investigate the ones you aren't familiar with, then you are willfully choosing to remain ignorant. When you get done with those, I am quite sure I can come up with another small selection to keep you busy. And another. And another.

Not giving a flying rat’s ass has traditionally been a very legitimate form of justification for people willfully remaining ignorant on a whole host of topics. What turns this into a vice is when the individual willfully remains ignorant on issues that are important. Of course, what counts as being important tends to be rather subjective.
Your argument makes another leap--I was talking about those who, and this is key, take an interest in a topic and choose not to pursue it due to low persistence.

EDIT: Though I suppose, I'll lookup a few things on that list out of pure fancy. :P
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 04:09:42 pm by Arakial »