Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 167864 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #840 on: October 27, 2009, 11:29:09 pm »
I dunno...
I went to get that shot, I was freaked out, and I didn't even realize he had given me the shot yet when I was screaming at him "Just give me the damn thing and get it over with!"

As for the sickness, sorry to hear that. But on the bright side, you could have something worse! Plenty of things to list! As Faustwolf said, plenty of time to do things you couldn't now, that involve reading! Meditation maybe? Sounds crazy, and people always tell me it never works but to be honest I'm actually at one with myself more than ever when I'm sick cause I get in a state of mind where I meditate like crazy. You could mess with me(my friends love it)and I'm so deep in my own mind I don't even notice.
When it works, the only parts of the day that suck is when you have to eat, use the bathroom, and go to bed. But with bed at least you get in some fun lucid dreaming!
I dunno if that'll help, don't have to try.

Hope you get better soon!
(with all the media only talking about the deaths from 1/100 people with it and those are the people with real suckish immune systems already that'd die from common flu anyways, they haven't really said how long it takes til you get better and it's just done with, like chicken pox...really ought to give that out so people don't panic as much...)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 27, 2009, 11:42:36 pm »
Meditation maybe?

That's good advice for Zombie--he enjoys meditating.  So there's another something you can do, Zombie!  :)

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 28, 2009, 04:28:09 pm »
Meditation maybe?

That's good advice for Zombie--he enjoys meditating.  So there's another something you can do, Zombie!  :)
yeah i like to just kind of chill out outside. right now though a storm is coming in so i dont want to meditate outside. i dont want to be sick AND cold. but again the good news is now i have time to hone other creative desires.

Battler

• Iokan (+1)
  • Breast Sommelier
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 28, 2009, 06:51:55 pm »
People who can't admit be bothered to defend their argument.

Especially when it falls onto the basis of "Well that's just, like, your opinion, maaaaan".

Keep an open mind, discuss and debate things people! It'll broaden your horizons to unimaginable lengths.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 28, 2009, 07:43:38 pm »
People who can't admit be bothered to defend their argument.

Especially when it falls onto the basis of "Well that's just, like, your opinion, maaaaan".

Keep an open mind, discuss and debate things people! It'll broaden your horizons to unimaginable lengths.

I may often seem like that. But I only avoid IF I want to have fun and debating and such will not be fun in the situation...
Or the majority of the time if the others to debate with aren't bright.

Some of these people I'm surrounded by think you can't get pregnant in a hot tub because of the heat. They complain about police pulling them over when they're  very clearly going around 80 in a 40 zone.

Etc, etc. More often than not I avoid debates and say "That's what you think." because I can't stand the people who'll debate. The ones bright enough to debate that will though are also convinced they're never wrong so I'm discussing something with a brick wall...
This is wen having split personality comes in handy.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 02, 2009, 02:44:28 am »
I hate the complete lack of justice in the U.S. court system regarding certain things.  It's beyond vile.

I realize that the court system in this country is leaps and bounds ahead of most countries in the world, and so I feel ashamed for even complaining about this...but right now I hate it.  I've hated it since last August.  It is unfair, unfair, unfair.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #846 on: November 02, 2009, 04:36:51 pm »
I fucking hate wrecks.

I made an 80 on my RT201 final, so I passed the class.

Then on the way home I was so happy until I ran into the back of a Silverado.

Fuck Silverados, Fuck Verizon (the company the other guy works for), fuck wrecks, and fuck today.  :(

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 02, 2009, 08:15:37 pm »
i hate sexism and/or religion.
my sisters friend elizabeth came over today. they did homework and the like and i supplied brownies. they were thankful, so i sat and did some research on colleges with clarice at the kitchen table where they ate and did homework and chatted. they were talking about their futures. megan said she wants to be a police chick. elizabeth said she wants to be an elementary school teacher.
noble aspirations.
until i heard what elizabeths plans for child rearing.
even after all the education she receives as an elementary teacher, when she has kids she wants to quit her job and stay at home, cooking and cleaning. she described it as 'the man, his wife, and the children'. i come to find out that elizabeth is highly conservative. megan once told me that she went to a semi-formal dress and actually asked the tailor to pin it up, not down. which is 'strange' for teenage girls. elizabeth firmly believes that this sort of thing (not flaunting her body, generally being subservient to her husband) is 'the right way to do things'.

if i were a girl i would not want this.
i dont even want my girlfriend/fiancee/wife to be like that.
my suspicion is that this attitude towards the 'right' way to handle life has been pounded into this poor girls head through sexist connotations that may or may not be carried by her religion. i had to excuse myself, elst i go on a rampage and destroy her very existence. no one -- i repeat NO ONE -- should have to live or think like that.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 02, 2009, 08:42:29 pm »
Most people can be fooled into believing most anything. The question is, can they be fooled out of it? The only alternatives are to let ignorance prevail, or to try and reason with fools.

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #849 on: November 02, 2009, 08:51:48 pm »
Your suspicions aren't completely unfounded, Bucky, however you are approaching this with the wrong attitude. You seem to have the notion that being a stay-at-home mother is a soulless, unfufilling role in life. It isn't. Women do make this choice over having a career every day. If it's what they want, then good for them. I'm sure your sisters are intelligent enough to know what they want and I'm sure that if they change their mind, they'll have the resources they need to do so.

The point of this that really ticks me off is that you think you have the right to make that decision for them. It's not your place to judge them or their ambitions. If you do that, you're no better than the misogynists that say that they shouldn't be allowed to have a career. It isn't your place to decide what is right and wrong for them, and to act like it is defeats the entire point of the feminist movement. And the Jee-man didn't do anything this time, so leave him out of it.

However, to be fair, your thinking is in the right area. Career women in American society are still looked down upon and often face undue burdens. The idea of women as caregivers and men as breadwinners is still extremely prevalent, and people are crushed by it every day. But even that notion is changing, as more women enter the workforce and head their own companies, and more men decide that caring for their children takes precedence over their career. There's more antipathy out there than I care to address in this one post, but that things are changing is enough to give me a sliver of hope.

Bucky, I'm happy that you would embrace a more progressive lifestyle and love life. But do not push that on others at the expense of their individual happiness.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 02, 2009, 09:14:39 pm »
now its not that just a stay-at-home mother is a soulless unfufilling role. its that this girl wants to get an education, then throw it away when she has children and conform to the way she wants life, which is essentially being property. cook, clean, do the dishes, take care of the kids. a man and his wife and children.
i personally dont think i have the right to decide this for miss elizabeth. i do, however, hope that she reconsiders as i think that her plans for the future are just plain stupid. but who am i to decide that for her? im obviously not her husband so i wont be making that choice for her.
as for the jee-man, miss elizabeth is devoutly christian. i dont know what sect, and i dont really care, but i know that she goes every week to pray in his house and hangs on the preachermans words like they are the only true thing in this world, truer than things that go up will come down. truer than cold making you shiver and hot making you sweat. truer than life itself.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 02, 2009, 09:41:47 pm »
Here's the thing, Zombie--is it ridiculous of her to think that staying at home is 'the right way to do things' ?  Yes.  But I think it's a little absurd to describe a stay-at-home mother as acting like "property" and insinuate that just because that's what someone wants to do with their life that they are stupid or deluded or wanting to be "property".  It sounds like Elizabeth specifically wants to do these things for the wrong reasons, but that doesn't mean that every woman who wants to be a stay-at-home mother is the same way.

Women can do whatever the hell they want.  If that means getting a degree and working full time, great.  If that means staying at home with their children, great.  What's stupid about that?  It's no more stupid than any other choice they'll make about their own future.

I get pissed off when people think that EVERY woman should work.  Some women genuinely want to stay at home and not work, and it's no one else's business to tell them what they can or can't do.  It's their decision.  Not yours.  Not mine.  Theirs.  Leave their future up to them.  Women have had enough bullshit from people telling them what to do for the past, oh, 30,000 years or so.  It needs to stop.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 10:08:19 pm by Sajainta »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 02, 2009, 10:17:16 pm »
Don't worry too much Zombie -- unless she marries someone who's incredibly rich, the stay-at-home life is a pipedream in the developed world (at least in the US) anymore. Pooling incomes is now practically the only way to go barring some bizarre frugality. How does she intend to live a decent family life on one income, other than marrying into the upper 5% of the population?

Heck, with Wal-Mart jobs being the norm now, a nuclear family will practically need three to four incomes to function with any kind of decent (read: middle class) living standards. One thing to consider is that she could saddle her children with the responsibility of supporting her and her husband if she doesn't seek employment. Too much time out of the work force will not only cripple, but rather destroy, someone's earning power irrevocably in this hyper-competitive environment (we're basically crippled starting out of the gate now).

On the other hand, Elizabeth is probably looking out for the best interest of the children she intends to have, and religion or not, this is noble. Since the Western economic model relies on two incomes as a matter of fact, we need to foster industries that feature telecommuting and flexible work hours. Nobody said you can't stay at home and work at the same time, doggonit. In fact, it would be best if both parents were home IMO.

We live in an information producing society. We need to learn how to make money without actually producing physical things if we're to survive and maintain our standard of living. What I hate right now is that I don't know how to solve this dilemma, and I'm not sure anyone else does either.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 10:22:21 pm by FaustWolf »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 02, 2009, 10:35:10 pm »
My wife wants to be a stay at home mom.  She can't wait.  And I just want whatever she wants.

And that, as they say, is that.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 02, 2009, 10:39:00 pm »
And I just want whatever she wants.

And that, as they say, is that.

Exactly...