Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 166128 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #1515 on: December 09, 2011, 06:31:04 am »
I don't mean your topic regarding Roma or anything else. I meant with your quoted "statement". Seriously? Coming from you?
Quoted statement: below.

Were you exaggerating your accusations...

...then try to fit all other policy views into those simplistic models.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 06:34:18 am by tushantin »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: December 09, 2011, 06:48:51 am »
Your point escapes me...which strikes me as unlikely. It must be that you have none.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1517 on: December 09, 2011, 06:56:35 am »
If I even bother elaborating it you'll start crying "blasphemy" again, and I could point the relevance to your recent comment, "It must be that you have none".

Bah, nevermind then. :lol: Carry on.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1518 on: December 09, 2011, 03:11:03 pm »
My comedy article pitch was rejected... Dammit...

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: December 09, 2011, 04:26:51 pm »
I just noticed that I have at least three Compendium posts with some kind of "I want to elaborate on this later!" statement. I have the (sometimes rather lengthy) beginnings of them in a text file, but they are far from complete because I keep forgetting about them.

Augh -- being so distractible is annoying sometimes.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1520 on: December 09, 2011, 04:46:01 pm »
That's a fair point J.

I guess the main reason is that I do not want to drag the stuff from in here out into the other parts of the forum. I used to do that a lot when arguing with you and Zeality, and that seemed to annoy people. More recently you and tush have gone at it that way to the chagrin of a lot of people, and to the anger of Katie, who is usually pretty neutral. A part of me says that I really shouldn't disrupt the entire board's activities for this one thing. Another part is that it'd be pretty nonsequitur and pointless to follow up Z's post about pushing merchandise on customers with something like "who cares what you think you're a genocidal maniac!" especially when I agree with him.

As for the argument in here, it seems to have stopped. I called his denial and refutation of my accusations "bullshit" and he didn't respond. There's no point in me continuing an argument that the person has no desire to argue.

As for this:

I don't think he actually wants to kill large groups of people without first making an individual judgment of wrongdoing by those involved.

Yes, it's pretty unrealistic that Zeality wants to kill all the Romani, and I do realize that Z has a tendency to go nuclear in his posts. As I said before though, in this case it was so specific that there couldn't have been just a blind fury to it, but actual calculation. Every time I brought this language up to him and tried to make him cop to what he was saying, he attempted to turn it back on me, first by criticizing me using Godwin's Law, then by referring to me as a "right wing radio host," then outright denying it and claiming I only brought this accusation to "detract" him. Either he doesn't want to admit he screwed up his wording or he really believes that, and the latter is a pretty frightening thought.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: December 09, 2011, 06:47:55 pm »
As a random aside, given that gypsies were targets in the Holocaust (along with Jews, homosexuals, and others), it is perhaps more understandable that the parallel would inform current discussions on their fate, than, say, if one were discussing the fate of Canadian Hurlers.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1522 on: December 10, 2011, 05:11:54 am »
Two Hates:

1) I could catch up to Yuumei, but no matter how hard I try I can't imitate Laverinne and Hellobaby's artstyle...

2) SOPA sucks. (Sopa? Soap-Ah! So-Pa? So-Hopa! Sooooooooooooopaaaaaaa~)

I'd hate to see the Compendium go down. We need to back up all the data here -- there's a treasure-trove of data here that I've been hoarding in my Chrome library, and I'd hate to see all that go away.

Then again, the biggest library is the human brain. So long as we have all the folks still around I can try poking at people like they're dictionaries.  :D Yes, I poke dictionaries; Yes, I'm a horrible person.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 05:15:35 am by tushantin »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: December 10, 2011, 07:40:08 am »
That's a fair point J.

Of course it is. People don't seem to realize this often enough!

A part of me says that I really shouldn't disrupt the entire board's activities for this one thing.

It's what General Discussion is here for. You could start a new thread if you want to avoid interrupting the Hate thread.

As for the argument in here, it seems to have stopped. I called his denial and refutation of my accusations "bullshit" and he didn't respond. There's no point in me continuing an argument that the person has no desire to argue.

I think what happened--thought I'm only guessing--is that he wrote you off. You have returned to us from college with considerably more intelligence than you had when you left. Surely it doesn't sit well with you to be dismissed in such a fashion. ZeaLitY isn't as forgiving as I am when it comes to tolerating disagreement.

I persist only because I think there is an interesting discussing hiding in all of this rock, and if we do well we might draw it out.

Yes, it's pretty unrealistic that Zeality wants to kill all the Romani, and I do realize that Z has a tendency to go nuclear in his posts. As I said before though, in this case it was so specific that there couldn't have been just a blind fury to it, but actual calculation. Every time I brought this language up to him and tried to make him cop to what he was saying, he attempted to turn it back on me, first by criticizing me using Godwin's Law, then by referring to me as a "right wing radio host," then outright denying it and claiming I only brought this accusation to "detract" him. Either he doesn't want to admit he screwed up his wording or he really believes that, and the latter is a pretty frightening thought.

I suggest there is also the possibility that the two of you are misunderstanding each other. I don't necessarily mean that one or both of you is wrong. I think you're both closer to right than wrong, in fact. But I think you're both missing something more important about the position of the other.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1524 on: December 10, 2011, 10:58:48 pm »

Ah, just in time for the holiday season. Heartwarming.

How much I'd like to say that the feeling is mutual.

Edit:

One of these days, the people who feel this way will be dead. May all their stupid fucking ignorance and oppressive behavior die with them. The world has more value in their nonexistence.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 11:04:45 pm by ZeaLitY »

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: December 10, 2011, 11:31:59 pm »
I disagree with atheism, but that is disgraceful.

then again, it IS google search suggestions. you're not dealing with the shiniest ornaments on the Christmas tree...

sorry for scrolling the thread, but these need to be seen. let me know if I should make them links instead.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1526 on: December 11, 2011, 12:40:04 am »
The "dropped out of school at the age of three" line is actually from a parody rap song.

Lord J, I acknowledge your post and will either respond when time permits me or do something else. Iono.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1527 on: December 11, 2011, 01:26:03 am »
LMFAO! Ah, Google! You seriously take the weirdest searches :lol:

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: December 11, 2011, 01:29:49 am »
There's an entire website dedicated to Google searches:  Autocomplete Me.

But in all seriousness, that "which is" search was surprisingly...not that stupid.  The first option notwithstanding.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1529 on: December 11, 2011, 01:40:12 am »
Ah, Fail Blog! You never let me down.

The most insulting line every said to Google:

"Dear Google,
Can u just allow me to write my own sentence before you start guessing"