Author Topic: A fundamenntal flaw that I think some of you missed.  (Read 2649 times)

Pureone.

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.elkayam.com
A fundamenntal flaw that I think some of you missed.
« on: May 28, 2004, 06:50:07 pm »
A flaw that is in all of the theories, plotholes and everything else the Chrono trigger/chross community has built for the storyline has a fundamental flaw. It all assumes that the writer when he wrote this story knew that a sequel will come out (if I remember right, chrono chross fixes some plotholes)and he also built this whole universe with its time mechanics when he wrote this story, just a story.if you look at all the other final fantasies (which If I remember right he also wrote) you will notice that if you look at them, they aren't as complex.Its just a story.(albeit a SPECTACULAR one) If he was shown this web of assumptions, I Think most will agree he didn't think of it all. all that this community has done is take a simplistic form and make assumptions and facts to make it bigger and more complex. This does not make it bigger and more complex. Its like a physicist builds an unreal universe and then states how it would probably work (please dont flame me on this last sentence. its only an EXAMPLE). All that I have stated above might be true, but Don't stop your Ideas, they are great. they shouldn't stop you guys from posting your ideas. If you dont post because of this its like you dont post because its just a game. this is just a reflection about the gret peoples here ideas. this is just a statement. you don't have to believe it.

God that was alot longer than I wanted it to be. :!:

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 06:59:39 pm »
And what redeems the writer and our work completely...

The mechanics of the Chrono series are

C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-T

Pureone.

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 07:12:44 pm »
Explain the relevance. I was pointing out the fact that the whole story is NOY a master plan of the writer, but in fact the fans of the game are those who built it. they did not discover it. they built it. I did not attemp "destroy" the work of this site. the fact that how the story was built/discovered to how the story and universe of Chrono trigger work have no connections to one another.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 07:46:18 pm »
http://www.chronocompendium.com/viewtopic.php?t=253

Check Lord J Esq's post on the first page for the best response.

Pureone.

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 07:56:21 pm »
Ah, A topic like that was already made. yeah I see Esq's point. I just wanted to point this out, but I see its already been done. Thanks.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 08:18:15 pm »
An ulterior motive for all of this theorizing is that some of us are creating derivative fan works, and we wish them to be consistent with the series.  I find most fan fiction unreadable because it diverges from the most fundamental principles of the Chrono-Universe, let alone breaking canon.  These stories are very complex and we need to get our facts straight before conducting our own explorations.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2004, 12:24:54 am »
Wow, that particular pointed out response was good.

Not that I'm adding anything new, but I'd definately like to reaffirm that. The "meaning" of a piece of art is totally subjective. How you are moved by it may be very different from the way someone else is moved by it - and neither response is anymore "correct" than the other. The creator may have worked on a piece hoping to convey a certain response, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to draw from it what the creator intended. (If indeed, the creator intended anything at all.)

Obviously people here feel strongly about the Chrono series and they express these feelings by examining the games in every way possible.

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2004, 08:22:36 pm »
GrayLensman hit it on the nose just now.  Many of us are in fact creating fanfics.  I think Zeality and I could probably put together most of our fics (excluding my Seven Swords fic, over at IcyBrian.com) once we're done and just have a bunch of extra stories about the Chrono series that fill in holes without conflicting with one another or being inconsistent.

I've always striven to write fics that make the Chrono series more complete, capturing the feel of the originals while either filling in holes or extending the story.  Now, I haven't yet really gotten around to it, but I hope someday I'll be able to.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2004, 08:37:25 pm »
In all actuality, your basis for the writer NOT having a sequal in mind is just as valid as the many fans on this site who can believe w/o much doubt that there WAS a plan. I mean, Radical Dreamers only came out, what? A year after Trigger...

It's not even like the games are connected in the strictest of senses, but their mechanics ARE. That is the one true connection that I, and most Compendium-addicts, see. And yes...I'm writing a damn fanfic too...

Nice THEORY though Pureone (is that like that Import store?).

Pureone.

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2004, 08:31:10 am »
If you read my whole post, you would of noticed that I said that the community has created these things graylenseman, and no translanka, I've been using this name for 13 years now and only now am I aware that a store exists with the same name.

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2004, 09:03:34 pm »
The store is Pier 1, not Pureone. It was merely a humorous joke at your expense - take offense as you will.

And the only way we could have "created" these consistent theories and principles that govern the Chronoverse is if the evidence was already present to support them, which it was. Thus, the only veritable conclusion is that, whether consciously placed or not, the order was already there, and we simply discovered it. This is the way all order works: it's inherent, it's already lying with it, and it is merely found and imposed by living beings. We can do nothing to create order, but order isn't a very playful or bashful game, either.

Swordmaster

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2004, 12:49:19 am »
I believe that people analyze so deeply some games is because of the creator's use of some narrative tricks. In Japaneses games there is lot of vague info that causes some anxiety in the player. Theses narrative tricks level up the story's deepness even if the plot is very common.
 A good example is FF VIII, where there are many hints about Ultimecia being Rinoa from the future even when it is not being stated clearly in the game. But the fans analyzed and came to this conclusion.
 The Chrono series is full of vague information that drives the fans nuts.
Like this one:

[Woman]
   You came from mountain?
   Many strange things happen there.
   That's why name Mystic Mountain.

Find baby Kino crying on mountain too.
   Chief raise Kino.
   Now chief's right arm.

This gives a great curiosity to know Kino true origin, Does it not?
The Chrono Compendium's objective is to bring a better understand about this.

doulifee

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doulifee.com
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2004, 03:53:05 pm »
? kino is born on another era? maybe could it be a zealian lost backward in time? interesting..

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2004, 04:04:13 pm »
As far as I can recall, there was female Zealot who was struck by the Mammon Machine and disappeared, along with Janus and the 3 Gurus. Other than that, I don't know.

...When I think about Kino's origin and Leah's origin, it makes things really complicated and mysterious :?