Author Topic: Chrono Script Draft Now Available  (Read 5402 times)

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
Chrono Script Draft Now Available
« on: June 27, 2006, 11:44:05 pm »
Hello! I am here to announce tangible progress on my fan project, Chrono Script! My goal is to develop the story of Chrono Trigger (and perhaps Chrono Cross too) into a well-crafted screenplay that accurately captures all that made the game(s) so great.

The latest draft of my Chrono Trigger script will always be accessible here. Currently the script covers through the first trip to 600 AD. I encourage everyone to have a read and give feedback either in this thread, via PM, IM, email, or by visiting the official forum. Also feel free to check back from time to time to see what's new.

I am always interested in having more help. Chrono Script is an open project, meaning that everyone is welcome to come and go as necessary and to put as much effort in as desired. If you're interested, come on over to the forum, or at least let me know so I can inform you when updated drafts become available.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 11:50:49 pm by Luminaire85 »

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Re: Chrono Script Draft Now Available
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 07:55:45 pm »
Sounds like a cool undertaking.  Are you planning to put together any sort of production out of this when you're finished?

There is one thing, just as a side curiosity...  I've seen Crono's mom's name as both Jina and Gina.  Is Gina supposedly the "real" spelling of it, or does anyone really know?

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 08:54:32 pm »
Yes, my ultimate goal is to use the script as the basis for some sort of Chrono production. One of the things I learned from the late Flash Series is that the script must be done before anything else can happen, so I am focusing my efforts to that end.

I spell it "Gina" only because that was the way I encountered it first. If there is a "true" spelling, I don't know of it.

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 10:15:55 pm »
Very cool -- I hope that works out.

"Jina" is actually the way I spell it, which I THINK is supposed to be the "right" way (per a couple of Japanese language buffs I know who have done some translating), but I could be wrong.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 06:18:10 am »
Jina is the the way her name is written in Japanese. However, the Japanese spellings are phonetical and nearly always different than how they would be written in English. Balthier's name (FFXII) for example is written Balflear in Japanese... and Crono/Chrono is written Kurono. If her name was written Gina in Japanese, the pronunciation would be with a hard G like in "gold" and her English spelling would be something like Guina. Jina on the other hand is pronunced with a G like in "generation".

Personally I'd go with Gina (pronunced like "generation") because it's the only name which exists in the real world, unlike "Jina" (as far as I know).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 06:21:02 am by Chrono'99 »

AustinAKAYou

• Earthbound (+15)
  • wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 09:29:49 am »
Hi! I am new here and I was wondering if somebody could show me around  :?

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 01:45:54 pm »
No stupid none of us are gonna help you so go away.

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 02:34:37 pm »
I'm pretty sure he means "Welcome, AustinAKAYou."

You've stumbled into a thread for my fan project, an effort to create a script for a Chrono Trigger movie/TV production. I'm always looking for feedback, so feel free to read the current draft and/or visit my project forum (see links in the first post of this thread).

Be sure to have a look around the Compendium forums and the main Compendium website too. The creators have done an amazing job in making this site the best Chrono resource on the internet.

Don't be surprised if your post gets moved to the Welcome board (under the General Discussion subforum).

The Pezman

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 10:41:16 am »
Did you know that a completed CT script already exists?

http://symphonic.herograw.org/Project%20Files/CT%20Movie%20Script.rtf

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 10:43:37 am »
But that's not accurate to the game. The Symphonic script has, for example, the first trip through time being to 2300 A.D. They never visit the prehistoric.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 11:00:59 am »
The Chrono Symphonic script was written for a movie and targetted for a cinephile audience. That's why it had to scrap some part of the plot to make it more focused and dramatic. It's not what Luminaire85 is doing.

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 12:03:05 pm »
You can already tell that my version is going to be significantly longer than the Chrono Symphonic version, much longer than would fit in a single movie. Trying to make it fit would involve many of the types of cuts Claado Shou had to make, and I'm not willing to make them. I don't know what the best format will be. Movie trilogy? TV series? Something else?

However, while I am trying to stay as true to the game as possible, I also know that changes will be necessary in order to adapt to the new medium. Plus I have a few ideas for new and extended scenes that I think really augment the story.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 01:43:10 am »
I discussed that very thing with Claado before the whole Symphonic process started and we both thought that it would require an entire trilogy to be able to fit everything in. But he was only going for one movie not three which is why he made the cuts that he did.

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 01:07:54 am »
I have posted Acts IV-VI of my draft at the usual place. This section covers from before the trial through the events in Arris Dome. As always opinions are encouraged. :)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 12:18:06 pm »
Really cool, I like the Gato scene the best. (Actually that's how far I got.)