Author Topic: Chrono Crisis Sprite and Artwork Update  (Read 8892 times)

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chronologically Correct
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
Chrono Crisis Sprite and Artwork Update
« on: June 25, 2006, 02:08:15 pm »
Progress is still coming along at a good pace, as the game script is about 40% done, and the sprites are being done at a good pace. We also have a new addition to the team, Validus, former artist for CTRP, who's jumped right in and started doing NPC, enemy, and boss artwork.

Xavier:

Matison:

Celia:

Miss Vanessa:

Lena has completed the bases for the CT cast (And Serge and Kid) :

The artwork and sprites have been done for two NPCs, Queen Amelia and Princess Lecea, Celia's family:

Amelia Guardia

Name Meaning: Amelia (Industrious, Admiring)
Sex: Female
Home: Guardia Castle
Overview: Queen Amelia has solely ruled Guardia since as long as anyone can remember. Since she doesn't actually rule the kingdom anymore, she's had a lot of free time to tend to other things. Since becoming Queen, she's built many monuments to honor Guardia's past such as the Guardia Museum and came up with the idea to hold a big concert on the eve of the new millenium. Lately something has been troubling her but she refuses to reveal what's truly on her mind.

Concept Art:

Lecea Guardia

Name Meaning: Of noble birth
Sex: Female
Home: Guardia Castle
Overview: Lecea is Celia's younger sister and second in line to become Queen. She is very jealous of Celia and does what she can to make her miserable. She is also lazy and has no desire to explore the world outside of the castle walls, unlike Celia who longs for adventure.

Concept Art:

And congrats to Dai Akako, who won our fan art competition with the following entry:

More to come soon!

Lena Andreia

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ark Forums
Re: Chrono Crisis Sprite and Artwork Update
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 03:00:53 pm »
 That Xavier sprite is a bit of an older version--I've toned down his hair a bit to match everyone else (it was waaaay too bright. XD

There he is. ^^ I'm also currently working on remaking the Trigger sets in the new style (including battle poses and whatnot). My thought is that if I can correctly emulate their poses in my own style, then when I get to the battle poses for the new characters, they'll be much easier to make awesome. XD It's already helping a lot with my ability to make dynamic poses, so expect some cool stuff comin' up real soon!

Oh, and BTW--the Trigger sprites and Vanessa sprite that are shown here are just bases--they will have poses when they stand still in the final version.

Well, except Chrono, since that's pretty much how he stood in Trigger, unless I make up a pose for him... Hmm.

Deathcabkerouac

• Iokan (+1)
  • Ab initio, a caelo usque ad centrum, dum vita est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 05:32:17 pm »
Wow.  It looks...  Amazing.  Seriously.  I just seem to get more and more excited for this one.

The Sprite models are...  orgasmic.

Kudo's, kudo's.  You are making life just a tad bit brighter.

joemomma

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 05:56:19 pm »
sob sob (starts a slow clap)    .....clap        ....clap         .......clap   ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap and a wistle (the audience sits back down)

It's soo..........          ........  beautiful!

CrAzY

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 06:34:02 pm »
I dont know how it could be better..... Beautiful.  :shock: :P

lidek

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 07:20:06 pm »
You are the true future for the Chrono Series

DarkOffspring

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 07:36:22 pm »
Hiya! Nice job on a lot of those. A few constructive criticisms. Now, keeping in mind I know NOTHING about spriting, I'll just comment on the general look of things.

Marle: Her pants seem a little too baggy and almost look... I dunno... wrinkled? Also, her and Ayla seem OBSCENELY thin.

Lucca: The problem is that you simply can't tell if there's a guy or girl under there. maybe make the hair protrude a bit more? I dunno. I also remember the glasses being larger in the original sprite, giving it a more anime look, which i liked a little more.

Frog: Looks a little odd. The face seems to thin, definitely.

Magus Looks... Cute. Cute? magus is not supposed to look cute! He's supposed to be foreboding. Ominous. Scary, even. This was a guy who terrorized humanity in the middle ages! I looked at the original sprite. The ears, I think, are too big. I think they need to be made smaller to emphasize Magus' humanity. His EYES, on the other hand, need to be deemphasized to emphasize his inhumanity. I'd think that'd probably make a better Magus on the whole. I also think he's a bit too colorful. I think his clothing should either be darkened or be shrouded a bit by the cape. Also, HE WEARS A CAPE, for god sakes. Use it. Make it bigger. Scarier, have it give him the illusion of mass, cuz Janus is a small guy, you'd think. Or bulk him up a bit. He looks WAY thin there.

Pretty awesome jobs on Ayla (minus the waist), Robo, Crono, and the Cross Crew. I look forward to this project quite a bit.

Now, back to lurk mode!

CrAzY

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 07:43:58 pm »
I agree with DarkOffspring about Frog looking a bit too thin....  :P

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 10:28:23 pm »
Very professional looking work.  I can't wait to see more.

Cooper

• Guardian (+100)
  • aka Lightningstrike
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 03:06:13 am »
Awesome work !  :shock:
Keep it up. ^^

kickacecrono0091

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 03:11:53 am »
Wow. I don't know how me and the boys at Stream will be able to match that! But we'll try! :D

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 09:55:18 am »
Frog seems a bit off, and Magus looks unlike Magus, he needs to be more evil-looking.  Robo's fine and Chrono's hair is too bright, other that that, they are GOOD!

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chronologically Correct
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 01:31:53 pm »
Thanks for the C&C, we'll get right to work on fixing them up a bit more for the next update.

kickacecrono0091

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 03:04:47 pm »
Can't wait for that.

Matt72

• Porrean (+50)
  • Pink Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 02:22:28 am »
WOWOW the chrono cast in all of its glory

edit- with the coming ice age and all youd expect Ayla to be wearing some coats or somethin