Author Topic: CT Wiki guide  (Read 687 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
CT Wiki guide
« on: June 21, 2006, 03:57:29 pm »
The man in charge of the CT Strategywiki would like to know how he's doing.

http://strategywiki.net/wiki/Chrono_Trigger

Post any reviews.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Re: CT Wiki guide
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 04:44:13 pm »
I just read the Lavos parts and it's good, but there are a few things I personally don't like:

Just saying "use the best equippement" is not much help, because I am for example still for Haste Helm+Nova armor Combo(which would mean you don't need marle, yay!), others say prims helm + moon armor because of the extra mag def. boost and better defense is superior, and not to forget the equipements should fit.
About the triple techs: They may be powerful, but not as much useful as using single techs, because you always lose a bit of time using them by waiting, and most triple techs are less effective than 3 single techs.

A lot of strategie depends on the items you have, here 2 examples:

- having a lot of megaelixiers would recommend no healer and no gold/silver studs, because after everyone used most of his/her MP, Lavos will have dealt enough damage for a good use. This method is much faster than with a healer(maybe except Robo, but I don't like and use him if it's not necessary). For highest Damage output: Crono Lucca Magus-> Crono confuse left bit, Magus Attack left bit, wait till lowering defense: Best Magic attacks+ a Mega here and there, Lavos will fall very fast(compared to other methods)

- Having not many Megaeliexiers would recommend using barrier and shield, because his Grandstone and Dreamless can be very deadly (Marle and Lucca easiely get knocked out of Grand Stone)
etc.

It would be cool to give some HP values for the Boss, like left bit has ~5000(not sure about that) so you may calculate how much attacks you need.

I miss info on the bosses attacks, too, like Lavos' Crying Heavens, and that it can be absorbed with a white mail/vest, and this would work with a prism helm for status protection etc.

I'm not sure if it would be worth, but how about giving an example party + example strategy?

Don't get me wrong, it's still goo, but I think it still can be done better, but maybe I'm just to uch into these strategie fighting stuff in CT...

DarkEpoch7

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 02:44:57 pm »
I didn't read all of it, but looks nice.

BigCow

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 08:44:26 pm »
Hey, it's the author/editor here.

If you want to work on the strategy sections, by all means go for it. Complete information on the bosses, their attacks, elemental strengths and weaknesses would be very helpful. There are obviously a lot of ways you can tackle Lavos, we could even have a seperate "page" for different techniques.

But yeah, it's a freely editable guide so step in their yourselves and get cracking. My main thrust so far was breaking the guide down by chapter in terms of the names of the save game files, and relating those to the endings. If there's anything interesting I'm missing or anything that should be corrected, go ahead and make an account or just start editing.