Author Topic: What I'd like to do now...  (Read 5389 times)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: What I'd like to do now...
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 12:18:36 pm »
very true

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 12:24:38 pm »
Why can't they save Ayla and kill the Reptites at the same time?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 12:36:08 pm »
King Zeal is casting some spell during the crucial decision.  Ayla attacks and he does some lightning spell on her that is killing her.  So they have to either stop King Zeal or save Ayla.

First time around----save ayla, King Zeal finishes his spell, no ice age, reptite timeline

Second time around Crono will find a way to distract him.

However, there will be an ultimate ending way to have the best of both worlds.  It'll probably be new Game +  only though since you'd have to be ultra powerful to beat King Zeal at that point in the game.

--jp

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2006, 01:33:18 pm »
What's the reason for the final battle being held in the Ocean Palace? I ask because recently I've just thought

"What would have happened if Crono had used the Masamune in the Mammon Machine instead of using the Red Knife?"

Suppose that for some reason the CT:CE party goes back in time to do just that. The Masamune damages the Machine more than the Knife could have, some crazy reaction happens. The sword absorbs a huge amount of energy like the Knife had, but it absorbs so much that it briefly turns into the corrupted evil Masamune (but just for a few seconds for a visual effect, because it's still "normal" during the Fall of Guardia cutscene on PSX). The Frozen Flame which was trapped inside the Mammon Machine discards the Machine shell into the DBT to free and save itself from the reaction.

Schala, the Chrono Break and King Zeal (of course) can still fit somewhere in there before/during/or after.

If in the storyline the party has a good motivation for attempting this action, this could be a nice way to amplify the epic while filling many gaps between CT and CC:
- why does the Lucca ghost say the Mammon Machine (or parts of it) was also sent in the DBT
- how could it have been sent in the DBT from the Ocean Palace while we saw it in the Black Omen later
- why does RD suggest that the FF was inside the MM, but CC suggests that the FF didn't get destroyed when the MM did (there's a lot of abbreviations in this sentence)
- why is the Masamune evil/prone to evil in CC (and looks coincidently like a big Red Knife)

I think it could work well and very conveniently, especially combined with the Chrono Break event and if we find a good reason for the party to go back to that point in time. The only problem is that, in one single place and with one single starting action it basically sets nearly all of CC in motion from the distant Time Devourer stuff to the closer Fall of Guardia incident... is it something okay (the Lucca ghost does say that the Ocean Palace is where everything started) or is it a bit too convenient to sound natural?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 01:40:26 pm by Chrono'99 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 02:01:44 pm »
Hm....I was thinking the final boss was Opassa Beach not sure where Ocean Palace came from.  But I do like the idea.  I'd like to merge it (or just put it after) what I have for the final dungeon.

Team goes to Opassa Beach where King Zeal is.  Suddenly frozen flame throws them all into some crazy dimension.

There are then 6 "character building" mini dungeons.

Crono:  He sees himself killing everyone  that he's killed in the game and his dark self talks accusing him of turning evil....possilbe Crono vs. Dark Crono (cliche I know)

Marle:  Keep pushing the heir to Guardia plot, possibly allude that her kingdom is going to fall

Lucca:  Remember Geiger's split personality post he made a long time ago.....I really liked it.  It was something about Lucca having two personalities, a maniaical scientist and....um wild care free person (IIRC).  I'd like to put it here.

Robo:  He gets accosted by Robots accusing him of siding with humans

Magus:  ....ugh this one is harder.  Maybe he talks his younger self?

Anyways after they all get back together maybe there's a portal back to that incident?  Or even they fight King Zeal, defeat him but the frozen flame escapse.  And belthasar decides to send them back?

My main concern with this is the scene won't have Queen Zeal in it (of course you know that).

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 02:59:33 pm »
I'm about to go on vacation. I'll make the plot there, since I'll have tons of time. But can someone tell me what's been coded in additionally and what the new scenarios are? I don't want to conflict with anything so we have to scrap past work.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 12:28:27 am »
Hah...you killed Ayla. My favorite character. Well, nuts. That's what I get for missing staff meetings.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 12:47:00 am »
I had no idea she stayed dead. I'm going to go fix the plot while on vacation. Once Crimson Echoes is done, perhaps something even better can begin. We won't be getting off to such a bad start (a year of messing around).

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2006, 08:52:50 am »
Ayla dead could be fine as long as the scene is not as quick and simple as the scene with Atropos dying...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2006, 09:57:35 am »
Well, didn't really mean to kill off Atropos, either...

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2006, 10:31:29 am »
From Sidequest Thread (I wish updating it would make it marked unread):

Back by popular demand; Atropos

Find Parts to help bring Atropos back!  You can visit her in the Robot building (note make tram where Coliseum exit is now that let's player choose where to go).  The "robot" doctor there tells you they need special parts.  Of course they are only availible to time travellers.

Availible:  Anytime after Atropos is axed.

Ayla is still alive if you beat Zeal during the crucial decision.

--jp