Author Topic: Endings  (Read 49205 times)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Endings
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2006, 12:50:07 am »
That would be kinda like theft.  And/or plagorizing from someone elses idea.  You'd have to ask him first.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2006, 08:54:08 pm »
Damn, because their way makes sense, kind of.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2006, 02:45:27 am »
Why don't we use Chrono Crisis's theory?

What'd they do?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2006, 01:28:48 pm »
I quote this from the Chrono Crisis Forums

1026 AD

The Forgotten Fields of Time
Click here for world map

The home time of the three founding members of the Heroes of Time, and also six years after the events surrounding the mysterious archipelago of El Nido. In 1000 AD, there was nothing but peace among the kingdoms--crime was low and the people were generally prosperous. Within the span of five years, this changed. Ever since the great war of 1005, Guardia has been in shambles. The town of Truce was burned to the ground, and many of the townspeople killed. The orphans were taken in by Lucca Ashtear, who founded an orphanage in hopes of keeping the kids off the streets. Unfortunately, ten years later, disaster struck, and Lucca's orphanage mysteriously burned to the ground. Several of the orphans were killed, and Lucca vanished.

According to historical documents dating back to 1075 AD, the King and Queen at the time of the war, Chrono and Nadia, had fled Guardia after being outnumbered in battle. Hoping to start new lives for themselves and unable to face the horrors that had befallen their home country, Chrono and Nadia lived in hiding together, where Nadia gave birth to a child. In 1016, the two returned to Guardia, and were horrified by what they saw. They then began a two year long campaign to win their country back diplomatically. While the two were in Porre trying diplomacy, the people of Truce began fighting back. A group of rebels and thieves calling themselves the "Radical Dreamers" appeared, with a youth known only as "Kid" at their lead. Seen as ruthless criminals in Porre, the Radical Dreamers gave many of their stealings to the people of Truce, and helped hold off Porrean occupying soldiers.

Eventually, after a long set of talks with the Porre Emperor, King Chrono and Queen Nadia were allowed back into Guardia to reconstruct Truce with the help of the Porre Military. Some find this chapter in history to be befuddling--why would Porre give Guardia up so easily? There also is a lack of photographic evidence from this era, a strange lapse that has caused some scientists and historians to become skeptical over the validity of the events described in the historical documents. However, no one can deny that the kingdom was refounded, and most are comfortable with the story they learned in school.

Regardless of the reason, in 1026, things are not going well in Guardia, even after the return of its King and Queen. The people have little money, and the Radical Dreamers have been branded outlaws by Guardian officials. The people of Truce have begun rallying behind their heroes, against the king. Most of the Radical Dreamers blame their decline on the dissapearence of their leader and guiding light, Kid, who went missing in 1020 AD.

A year after her disappearance, a young man arrived in Porre, searching for her. Knowing next to nothing about Guardia or Porre, or the Radical Dreamers for that matter, he traveled to Truce Village, with only a vague description of her. He soon met up with the Radical Dreamers, and ended up joining their cause. He is now a key player in their missions, and seems to be strongly in the opinion that the Guardian royals know of Kid's fate.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2006, 04:12:46 pm »
Yeah, they still aren't ones to flee when outnumbered...

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2006, 02:38:33 am »
Yeah, they still aren't ones to flee when outnumbered...

No, prudence was never one of their virtues, was it? After all, what sorts of fey fools must they have been to battle a set fate and the strongest creature to ever dwell in the world? Their creed is rather that old line of Vergil's: 'una salus victis, nullem sperare salutem' - the last hope for the defeated is to abandon all hope for salvation. That's how they fought, and that is how they won.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 02:44:52 am by Daniel Krispin »

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2006, 04:51:09 pm »
New Game + ending: Back to the Future Parody

Chrono and Marle are at the telepods in Lenne Square, Marle and Chrono "talk" for a while about hoping that their future will be bright or what not. Suddenly, Belthsar appears through the old time portal and acts like doc, telling them that they need to go back with him to the future. They then run down to the pickleman and Marle asks what he is doing. Belthsar states that he needs fuel and then Chrono(yes I know) says "But don't we need to go back to the old portal?" And Belthsar just says, "Portals? Where we're going he don't need portals." And then a flash of light and they're gone.

I don't know what you need to do yet to get this ending.

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
  • Run like it is Godzilla!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2006, 11:06:19 am »
That ending would definately have to occur with beating the final boss very early on.

We could also do a Magus Vs. King Zeal ending, kind of a parody on the Frog vs. Magus ending

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2006, 09:03:00 pm »
hahaha I like that ending.

--jp

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2006, 08:27:03 pm »
hmm. Considering that Crono is not maguel from chrono cross, I'm thinking about something i had in mind for my CT:ToF story.

Crono and Marle are with there 3 year old son, (who's name is Shinrin, yeah i know that it's based on my name, but Shinrin has been in plan as Crono's son for nearly 6 years), now at this time this guy and this young girl was visiting them from the future about some sort of wierd happenings in the year 1987, the girl is the same age as Shinrin. Suddenly guards come in and announce that Porre is attacking the kingdom. the guy tell Crono they must leave now and hands the girl, Elizabeth to Marle, Crono tells Marle to think of a plan to retake the kingdom and then opens up a secret passage for her, Shinrin and Elizabeth to go, after they enter the secret passage, the man opens up a portal and they leave. the porre guards break in to find no one and notices that the secret passage is opened so they go in. Now Marle and the kids are being followed, and the guards catch up. Marle fends the off and continues on, and after walking a little bit more, Elizabeth gets her foot gaught on something and marle tries to help, she tell Shinrin to continue onwards and to be careful. Some more guards catch up with Marle and the girl and Marle gets cut in a face by one of the guards. she knocks them back and tells the girl, that she is sorry and wishes there was another way to get her out Marle flees hurting from her wound and finds Shinrin and they flee to Lucca's house where everyone is and they take refuge in a shelter near by. So, now it focuses on Crono and the Guy and there at a wierd and unusual place, Crono has a familar wind go through him like he did when he fought lavos. The guy tells him about the events of serge even though they was supposed to been erased from everyones minds.... so these two set off in the new dungeon and you're left to wonder what happened. Then maybe show a scene about Kid, Shinrin and the radical dreamers.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2006, 05:41:34 pm »
Just a note: I'm not sure if it's something we have to care about or not but, the mysterious guy who steals the Masamune in the PSX cutscene... he looks a bit like King Zeal.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2006, 08:28:08 pm »
Just a note: I'm not sure if it's something we have to care about or not but, the mysterious guy who steals the Masamune in the PSX cutscene... he looks a bit like King Zeal.

What if King Zeal does this before the party arrives in the DBT? He could hint that he has still won or something after he is defeated.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2006, 09:30:40 am »
Hey, I think that's a nice idea. This could also be the reason why the central regime is still created without the Vanguard: it's created by Porre instead. Belthasar would know about the Fall of Guardia, but would "omit" to mention it to the party because he knows the central regime will be necessary to orchestrate the final defeat of the Time Devourer (Project Kid). In a New Game+ ending, we could show Belthasar writing his confession and explicitely mention this event, for players who would have not guessed the truth in their first playthrough.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 09:34:15 am by Chrono'99 »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2006, 10:34:00 am »
Would this have any ramafications for our Vanguard scenario? It sounds good to me. It'd give King Zeal some taunting power and we could choose how much he decides to reveal the first time around. Sorry fr not posting; I have a tough last day before my break from school.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2006, 02:04:05 pm »
In the computer that gives information in Chronopolis, we can probably sublty hint at this event by having some mysterious blanks in the history archive (because Belthasar erased the info about 1,005 AD and other related dates).

There could be a problem with... Gaspar, though. He should see everything after his return to the End of Time. Should we have him remain in Chronopolis instead?