Author Topic: Endings  (Read 49227 times)

Vargose

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Endings
« on: June 21, 2006, 12:32:22 pm »
jsondag2 and I were discussing the idea of a producers ending.

Producers Ending:

Attained by: Defeating the final boss at the begining of the game (similar to CT's and CC's producers' endings)

What Happens: Square enix takes us to court. We would use the court room scene. Each one of us as our NPC would be called to the stand and questioned. Square Enix would be played by the Chancellor. jsondag2 had the idea of having CT resurrection make an appearance.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 02:10:15 pm by Vargose »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Endings
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 12:46:23 pm »
Sigh, I was thinking I had Mod permissions in here to so I could Move this up.  Anyways I know it's early but if we have good ending ideas (like this) we should write em down somewhere right.

Coliseum Ending:

Attained by:  Beating Zeal during the Crucial Decision

What Happens:  Cuts to the Coliseum.  You hear an announcer talking about a new Champion who is crazy strong.  Crono walks, you then here the announcer say that someone wants to challenge him.  Enter a possible sprite import from another game.   Cue credits, or special fight depending on how lazy we are.

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 02:00:39 pm »
Alrighty here I go......I'm prepared to get eaten up alive for this but I think it's got real potential

Main Ending:

Attained by:  Defeating Zeal after last dungeon

What happens:  You see Zeal fall to the ground defeated, Magus runs to where Schala has dissapeared witht he time devouerer.  Magus says some cryptic lines.  Fades to black......Textbox (2 years later):

Guardia Castle near bottom, you hear sword sounds and a textbox of Porre screaming to let them in.  Scroll up to the throne, Marle in Queen outfit (remember Guardia is dead), With Crono next to her, and a few soldiers.  Crono takes out his sword.  Porre breaks through (many of them) and the fight begins.  Crono takes out 3 before Marle falls. Crono runs over and Marle orders him to stop fighting, saying that he must save their kid, there's a secret back entrance he can use to escape.  Crono shakes head and fights some more, but Marle keeps telling him and he finally breaks downa and runs up the stairs to Marle's room.  A child is there that he grabs, and runs out.

Cut to Truce Ferry:  Crono walks in, Ferry man is scared because of Porre's attack but will gladly stow away Crono and his child saying he'll always be a citizen of Guardia.  Cut to a new location (El Nido) Crono walks in.  A man greets him

"Welcome to El Nido the new paradise on Earth, what's your name"
(Chrono nods head a few times)
"Miguel, and what's the little girl's name"
(nods head)
"Leena eh, well come right over here and we'll find you a place to stay"

Yup,, the Miguel=Crono theory.  I really like it.  I think it's dramatic and is alot better than Crono dying.

Here's a link if you haven't read it:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Miguel_%28Identity_of%29.html

--jp
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 03:35:41 pm by jsondag2 »

Shinrin

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 01:48:22 am »
I do see a problem however. Crono never talks. Miguel talks though. How could Miguel talk if Crono is a mute and Crono = Miguel?

The Crono and Serge Convo:

Serge: ...
Crono: ......
Serge: ...!

Edit: An Idea, as I'm gonna try to work CE in with my CT hack that ties in with other stories of mine. Crono and marle could have another kid before the other baby. But due to something happening this other kid is at the orphanage playing with kid. So the only kid they would have to protect is the daughter. We could do this since we don't know what happen between the fall of King Zeal, and before the daughter of Crono and Marle, Thus still using the Miguel = Crono method. Just a thought though.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 02:05:41 am by Shinrin »

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 04:15:43 am »
If we're gonna do a developers' ending, we should make it as utterly bizarre and lighthearted as we can come up with.  After the exercise in wrist-slitting that was the plot I ended up writing, there needs to be some levity that isn't derived from Magus berating some bitches.

I've got to say, SE taking us to court is the most brilliant story idea I've heard from anyone.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 01:20:40 pm »
We also need a bad ending though

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 02:59:32 pm »
We also need a bad ending though
You mean, like in CC?? :lee:

If you mean like in CT then it's better yeah.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 03:20:19 pm »
Yeah, one like in CT.  :D

I would think up of one, but I really don't know much about the end of the game.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 10:01:02 am »
Well, since king zeal is the big bad dude or w/e...Maybe have him in a throne with Crono and Team's dead bodies lying in front of him, then have him laughing...And have some creepy music playing in the background to set the mood.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 12:19:55 pm »
I'm actually thinking that maybe more like when you lost to Magus. You guys lose and Zeal continues what he was doing.

Vargose

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 03:01:10 pm »
I do see a problem however. Crono never talks. Miguel talks though. How could Miguel talk if Crono is a mute and Crono = Miguel?

Well to be fair neither are really mute. Read the dialog, they obviously talk, we just don't hear what they say. This is only because some one a long time ago decided this helped the player assume the identity of the main character.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 04:18:43 pm »
As jsondag2 and ZeaLitY are working on the game, Sakaguchi and Horii bust in and demand we relinquish control of the project to them. They enslave the entire team and lock us up for two days. They then present to us the drama of a member of Zeal's elite air squadron, named S.K.Y. None of the original characters are present.

Yes, this is an actual dream I had last night.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 06:13:34 pm »

Well to be fair neither are really mute. Read the dialog, they obviously talk, we just don't hear what they say. This is only because some one a long time ago decided this helped the player assume the identity of the main character.
They both talk, but do you really imagine Crono saying those lines:

Wazuki:
   What is this place?

Miguel:
   I don't know...
   but I don't think we're
   supposed to know about it...

[Schala]
   That child...

That wounded child...

Bring him to me...

Miguel:
   W-What was that...?
   Who's there!?

Miguel:
   Wait, Wazuki!!!
   Where are you going!?

Wazuki:
   There's no way we can set
   sail again in this storm.
   We don't have a second to
   waste...
   Or else...Serge will...

Miguel:
   BUT...!!!

Wazuki:
   I don't care what lies
   ahead of us...
   I'm going.
   There's no way I'll allow
   my son to die without
   a fight!
   I'd appreciate it if
   you waited for me here.
   Thank you for coming tonight,
   Miguel... Thank you.

Miguel:
   No! Wait!
   WAZUKI!!!
Miguel sounds totally frightened by Chronopolis, a futuristic building. Crono has conquered everything from the Tyran's Fortress to the Black Omen and, while we didn't see his dialogues, he never seemed to be scared by the situations.

If Crono was really in that scene at Chronopolis, he would have run forward and shouted "Let's go into the NOW!" like he did in the CT slideshow ending...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 06:17:55 pm by Chrono'99 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 06:47:15 pm »
hm...

I could see him saying all the other Miguel lines (talking about the future Serge Killed, explaining the entire story of Chrono Trigger). 

That dialgogue could be chalked up to seeing his friend enter this strange place with an injured boy and the fear that he may never see his daughter again.

.....that is a stretch though.

--jp

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 07:13:30 pm »
Maybe he could lose his memories, ala Kingdom Hearts :D