Author Topic: like pokemon? your daming your soul to hell.  (Read 2114 times)

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Re: like pokemon? your daming your soul to hell.
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 02:13:12 pm »
...giving Christianity its roots in a bloody warrior religion.

Just as a quick note, according to a little history lesson I heard Daniel give in another topic, Christianity (or rather, Judaism at the time) was quite a bit less bloodthirsty or violent than it'a neighbors.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 10:29:28 pm »
Yes, it was; some of the other tribes sacrificed their own children to their gods, which is needless to say pretty sick.  Really, I'm all for pushing the buttons on those societies.  But YHWH has ordered the killing of women and children in the Bible; it's like saying that an axe murderer who killed 10 people is better off than an axe murderer who killed 20.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 12:00:41 am »
Did that fucker ever give Misty her bike back?  Shit, Misty was hot.  I'd do her.
dude... she was 12.

.... and no he didn't, but he did give her a kiss >.> once. .... yes... I watched pokemon.

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2006, 12:59:47 am »
12?  You've gotta be fucking kidding.  She looks like one of those 16-year-old sluts you see at a club that tells you they're 18.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2006, 02:30:19 am »
12? Maybe in the Jap version. In the Jap version of Tokyo Mew Mew, the girls are 11, while in the Western, they're, like, 16. Just goes to show...I bet the nurses and policewomen are also 12.

Me and this girl were discussing whether or not Misty was a whore. I ended up arguing that Brock was a whore. He is a whore.

12?  You've gotta be fucking kidding.  She looks like one of those 16-year-old sluts you see at a club that tells you they're 18.
Nicely said :D

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2006, 03:47:04 am »
12? Maybe in the Jap version. In the Jap version of Tokyo Mew Mew, the girls are 11, while in the Western, they're, like, 16. Just goes to show...I bet the nurses and policewomen are also 12.

Me and this girl were discussing whether or not Misty was a whore. I ended up arguing that Brock was a whore. He is a whore.

Nicely said :D
she was 12 in both versions: ash was 10. by the time they get out of kanto to johto, he's 13, she's 15, by the series now: shes 16, he's 14, and may... I think is younger then ash... 12

kian

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2006, 02:22:22 pm »
You didn't get the point of what I was saying.  Christianity itself is completely mystical, and the God of the Old Testament is directly responsible for ordering the commission of atrocities, effectively and ironically giving Christianity its roots in a bloody warrior religion.  In reality, such belief systems are entirely compatible with Christianity; the characters in the Pokemon universe display a greater comprehension of correct ethics than most of the people calling the shots in the faith today, including the numbskulls who wrote that article.  Even Ash.  And that's saying something.
  the difference between christianity and judaism was god.  the god of the old testament was a vengeful god, i personally think it was due to the pagan influence.  the god of the new testament was a forgiving god showing that people wanted something to look forward to in death.  it shows how religion synthesized the info they had already to make something more appealing.  and i say people made the religion.

Silvercry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • The Great Silvercry's Blog
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2006, 04:26:09 am »
I'm still waiting for that public apology from the Pope himself for the Church's actions in protecting all those child-molesting priests.  Until such time, I will not heed a damn word they have to say about what's best for children.

EDIT: Maybe not even then.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 04:28:44 am by Silvercry »

frogrules

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2006, 03:14:17 pm »
I am forced to agree. Who the heck goes to Bible.com when you can READ the REAL thing.

True...True....

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2006, 05:03:42 am »
How many of you wish to go to hell? and pokemon was not meant to be evil. it was meant to make money and entertain people. they didn't say hey lets make a game that will piss of the Christians.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2006, 02:45:02 pm »
How many of you wish to go to hell? and pokemon was not meant to be evil. it was meant to make money and entertain people. they didn't say hey lets make a game that will piss of the Christians.

Wha...what do you mean? I'm going to add emphasis here.

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2006, 08:49:12 pm »
HAHA Funny! Well did you check the time on that post? Tell me you make perfect sense at 3:03 in the morning

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2006, 11:59:10 pm »
HAHA Funny! Well did you check the time on that post? Tell me you make perfect sense at 3:03 in the morning
I do. but only cause I'm used to being up at that hour.

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2006, 01:32:39 am »
Well me too but are you light headed at that hour? DON'T ASK! I'm not a druggy either. It's something else!