Author Topic: Sprigg  (Read 2872 times)

alternate solution

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Sprigg
« on: June 19, 2006, 09:27:26 pm »
Hey all, first time poster here. If this issue has been brought forth already, then just ignore it.

Anyhoo, I was playing Chrono Cross recently and I couldn't help but wonder about the character Sprigg. I read the Compendium's bio on Sprigg and noticed that she was listed as a human. But some thing's seem out of place. First, she has a blue-like color to her skin. Second, the pointy ears. Lastly, her short stature(4'4", right?). Also, when I entered Home World Termina for the first time as Lynx Sprigg made a comment to the effect of ,"You humans are downright selfish!" Saying "you humans" would imply that she is not human.

She doesn't look like a demi-human, but she does look alot like other characters in the Chrono world: the Mystic imps.

So what I'm proposing is that Sprigg is actually a Mystic. Anybody agree, or am I just making a fuss over nothing?

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Re: Sprigg
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 01:09:36 am »
Weren't the imps like, 2'3"?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 08:30:42 am »
You're right she's probably not human. I don't see how she couldn't be demi-human though. The Sage of Marbule is demi-human but appears just like a human except for the... er, wings on his head.

Sneff describes her as a "troll", but this doesn't really help:

Sneff:
   I'm sorry, ffolks.
   Actually, there's absolutely
   no trick behind that magic.
   An old troll gave me a
   mysterious berry during
   my travels, long ago.
   She was saying someffing
   about the Bend of Time...
   Anyway, affter I ate the berry,
   I was able to transfform people
   into cats.

I think what's most interesting is that Sprigg is part of the Magic Guild whose other members are Guile, Sneff and the Fortune Teller. Since Guile was originally intended to be Magus, maybe this mysterious guild was supposed to be a group of magic-users that he formed or something like that? If so, Sprigg could really be a Mystic. Plus she knows something about the Bend of Time... and guess who are in the Bend of Time? Ozzie, Slash, and Flea... That's a lot of scattered coincidences.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 04:34:10 pm »
Woah.

I just made the connection!

I wonder how Ozzie, Slash and Flea made it to the Bend of Time. That part gets to me . . .

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 05:10:15 pm »
random cameo.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 05:48:59 pm »
Infinite Improbability Drive. That or a Bistromathic drive. Take your pick.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 06:04:32 pm »
Woah.

I just made the connection!

I wonder how Ozzie, Slash and Flea made it to the Bend of Time. That part gets to me . . .
Since the Magus connection was scrapped, it's probably just a cameo. I wonder how Magus-as-"Guile" would have reacted to them though...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 07:00:18 pm »
Isn't Sprigg also absurdly old or something? And let's not forget her...unique...ability...

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 12:10:58 am »
I don't have any information handy, but does it say that Sprigg's age in the CC status menu, unknown? Or is there an actual number . . .

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 07:48:34 am »
Sprigg's age is "224", but we don't know if it's her actual age or just the number that corresponds to her physical appearance. Harle for instance is supposed to be 18, but we know she wasn't born in 1,002 AD.

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 01:54:08 am »
You have a point. It is Kind of obvious now that you've pointed it out. But hey maybe I'm a cat even though I look like a normal person. Who's to say. or maybe I'm a rhinocerous. because of that mistake I'm now confused on what species I am. Hey I'm just messing with you but yeah you're right. but what else can they call her. she's not exactly a mystic

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 06:37:51 pm »
I think Harle is a special case though...I think of her like Impulse in that she was kind of engineered (magicineered anyways) in a way that she aged rapidly...

I think that time also might move differently in Sprigg's 'home' in the distortion...

uzerzero

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 06:46:58 am »
Sprigg IS a demi-human, at least to some affect.

Before completing the Marbule side-quest, take Lynx, and any two characters (at least one human) to Marbule (Home World). A demi-human at the entrance throws rocks at you and says that humans aren't welcome. Now, put Lynx, Harle, and Sprigg in your party and  you will be allowed to enter Marbule. So the demi-humans at least consider Sprigg to be one of their own, because of looks possibly? Although Harle is technically Dragonian.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 11:29:52 am »
Harle isn't a Dragonian (she has no tail), she's a biological human and a spiritual Dragon God.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 11:33:41 am »
Harle isn't a Dragonian (she has no tail), she's a biological human and a spiritual Dragon God.

She'd be biologically Demi-human. She's not full blooded human, as the power of the Dragons is in her veins, not to mention her being a biological sister of the dragons. She even is the vessel of their power, and is also in her entirety is the 7th and Final Dragon of whom is of the Dark Moon. Her body, though, may have been influenced from Schala. Harle is really the only physical dragon, the rest are only projections.