Author Topic: The relationship between Magus' magic & Time/Space  (Read 23902 times)

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: The relationship between Magus' magic & Time/Space
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2006, 06:06:50 pm »
No it doesn't.

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • I'm the pirate and I make any fool walk the Plank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2006, 12:06:42 pm »
yes it does :lol:

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2006, 07:22:57 pm »
How so? Explain yourself or you're basically just trolling.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2006, 09:46:04 am »
I've already said a billion times how Magus is not making a quantum black hole. If he was, he'd destroy the entire earth. It's simply a magical wormhole with a menacing name.

The Time Egg uses, according to the good Dr.Ashtear, miniature Black Holes. No reason why Magus shouldn't have at least some small measure of control of this Zealian magical power, given he's stronger than Q.Zeal and Schala (At the time, that is). 

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2006, 06:40:03 pm »
For all we know, it could be the dreamstone that keeps those minature black holes from like....fucking everything up.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2006, 07:55:44 pm »
Puer speculation, and you say that my posts are coming out of nowhere.

And if you're going to start this whole "magical worm hole" shit, then I better restart the whole Lucca vs Lynx incident. It took me forever to get my point across, and you still wouldn't listen and continued to flame. Going on about how Lucca couldn't use her fire magic in her house to fight Lynx because it's start a fire. If it's "magical" then it's controlled =.= Hence, The Great Lucca lost to Lynx on equal terms. Thats off topic but had to be raised.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2006, 07:08:21 pm »
Zaper, did you miss the "For all we know" part of my post? Apparently you did. Since in normal physics a minature black hole would destroy our entire solar system, I'm assuming the Dreamstone or some kind of magic is keeping it under control.

ChibiBob

« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2006, 11:08:58 pm »
Zaper, did you miss the "For all we know" part of my post? Apparently you did. Since in normal physics a minature black hole would destroy our entire solar system, I'm assuming the Dreamstone or some kind of magic is keeping it under control.

But you have to consider -- since when did normal physics apply to the Chrono series?

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2006, 09:53:32 am »

Every dimension has it own rules in terms of physics.  It's possible to make a mini blackhole without destroying the solar system in the process.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2006, 04:10:26 pm »

Every dimension has it own rules in terms of physics.  It's possible to make a mini blackhole without destroying the solar system in the process.

heh . . . for all we know there could be a miniature blackhole, a centimeter in diameter making the moon expose an extra 9% of the tidally locked side we already see, which then affects the tides on earth and weather conditions.

A very tiny blackhole would not pose a threat to the solar system. However, it depends on the range of gravitational attraction that could span millions of light years. Like our sun, it has a couple AU's of force to pull objects as far into the Kuiper Belt to orbit the sun in our solar system.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2006, 04:31:50 am »
All we have to do is look at the elements used in CC to find out that physics is different in the Chrono Series. Heck, even in the FF series. Aslong as a game has magic, physics will be different. Spekkio said something relatiev that Shadow, Fire, Lightning and Water magic were the primary bases of the universe, and kept everything in order.

In CC, we see ultranova's and black holes. They're all contained. Heck, even Lavos' portal in Magus' Castle caused the whole castle to dissapear, even thought it was supposedly a gate. But whatever happened, it wasn't just Crono and co and Magus that got displaced. To suck in a whole castle... Now that sounds more like a job of a black hole to me. But it's not, or is it?

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2006, 03:23:16 pm »
Lavos's gates and blackholes behave differently.

A blackhole would have sucked far more than just a castle into oblivion. I wonder, if Lavos threw Crono and co back in time, where did Magus's castle go?

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2006, 08:01:54 am »

A blackhole would have sucked far more than just a castle into oblivion. I wonder, if Lavos threw Crono and co back in time, where did Magus's castle go?

Perhaps in a different time & different place.  It is yet to be confirm.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2006, 02:46:12 am »

yes but your missing the general point that black holes and worm holes both minipulate gravity(which is the curvature of space/time)

also theres nothing to say that the "black holes" we see throughout the series are true black holes or reactions that if left uncontrolled would cascade into the triditional black hole we see in reality

Bauglir

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2006, 10:39:51 pm »
I was under the impression that Magus' Castle didn't all end up in one time period, and rather was ripped apart and scattered. If I had to give a reason for why Magus and the party didn't die horrible, malfunctioning-transporter-esque deaths, I'd venture a guess that the portal got less and less stable as it expanded. Cause I'd imagine that something like a whole castle popping out of thin air would cause quite a stir, and the only way we wouldn't hear about it is if it popped out after 2300 AD (even if it was in between the Prehistoric and the Dark Ages, there'd have been a legend, and besides, Gaspar probably would've mentioned it if it popped out in one piece anywhere or, and let me prefix this by saying, "yay for mangling words to account for time travel", anywhen).