Author Topic: The relationship between Magus' magic & Time/Space  (Read 23901 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: The relationship between Magus' magic & Time/Space
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2006, 04:20:36 pm »
and even Azala can teleport huge chunks of rocks and move them in the air at distance.

I think that's more of an element, not magic.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2006, 04:45:50 pm »
Nah, Elements were developed in the far future of a different dimension, using the power of the Dragon God.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2006, 08:33:37 pm »
Why not float instead of run... right?

It's probably the manipulation of the space time around them, like Zeality stated.  Their magic field may in fact allow them to control the gravity around them. That's what I don't understand about the character Guile in CC. He is the only character that's floats above the ground...

About the time gate being sealed by Schala, he made her do this most likely to conceal his power. If Magus did choose to use his power, which he DID refrain from using during his stay in Zeal, his cover would've been blown. Schala and/or the Queen or any other Zealian may have felt the same presence of the magic aura of Magus. Magus's cat can put two and two together and can sense the familiar presence, depicted in "What the Prophet Seeks . . ." and after the Zeal disaster when history repeated itself.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2006, 10:25:57 pm »
Nah, Elements were developed in the far future of a different dimension, using the power of the Dragon God.

Still, like you said, the reptiles could have had a small understanding of the elements around them. It's just like how Ayla has some elemental attacks.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2006, 04:00:24 am »
That's what I don't understand about the character Guile in CC. He is the only character that's floats above the ground..
Razzly easily floats above the ground too when she runs.

What I mean is that floating and teleporting rocks seem to be a really easy thing to do in the series, so it doesn't really prove anything about being able to create time Gates (something which should be much, much more difficult). But then again there's the Red Gate case... maybe Magil came to the present thanks to a Red Gate...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 04:04:24 am by Chrono'99 »

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2006, 09:03:17 am »
The explaination that Magus & Razzly could fly is because they use wind magic. If a strong wind swirls around an object it will surely flies. This explaination is common place in fantasy stories.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2006, 02:04:26 pm »
It's never really implied anywhere whatsoever that he has any time/space related powers, just traditional black arts like turning people into frogs and such. The only time he's ever caused any Time/Space related abilities to manifest was in the boss fight against him, and even then it's highly more likely that it was the fault of the failed Lavos summoning.

the most implied part i would have to say is his black hole spell. a wormhole is essentialy a bend in space/time, a black hole is a much more extreme bend, so either he didn't even think of minipulating his powers in such a way during CT(gravity equaling bent space is only a fairly recent observation compared to the time line of CT) or he didn't see a use for it sense a black hole seems more agressive then a worm hole

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2006, 06:27:25 pm »
I've already said a billion times how Magus is not making a quantum black hole. If he was, he'd destroy the entire earth. It's simply a magical wormhole with a menacing name.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2006, 06:36:09 pm »
That's hardly a solid evidence. In the Chronoverse, a quantum black hole doesn't necessarily destroy the entiry earth, it can even be held and transported in one's pocket (with Time Eggs for instance).

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2006, 06:40:16 pm »
the most implied part i would have to say is his black hole spell. a wormhole is essentialy a bend in space/time, a black hole is a much more extreme bend, so either he didn't even think of minipulating his powers in such a way during CT(gravity equaling bent space is only a fairly recent observation compared to the time line of CT) or he didn't see a use for it sense a black hole seems more agressive then a worm hole

It proves that Magus's powers are incredible right? A blackhole isn't just your average magic spell. His ability either misses or annihilates the enemy. Magus can't always cast the blackhole attack each battle, he has to be a certain range towards and from the enemy, or he would obliterate himself. The ability to manipulate the fabric of spacetime is a serious issue. Magus has this power, but I believe he creates a manipulation of a blackhole . . . or he might generate a smaller version of the real thing. It would take much focus and control but the effect of opening an actual blackhole would be like turning off the oxygen in the given area where Chrono and co. is currently fighting in, resulting in a double KO (Street Fighter) of Chrono, party, and the enemies. Or . . . I am wrong and he can infact create a whole in space time, since the Earth and all its attributes and components are taking up space right now, and can send his enemies into nothingness.

What are you trying to get at with this wormhole idea though?

I've already said a billion times how Magus is not making a quantum black hole. If he was, he'd destroy the entire earth. It's simply a magical wormhole with a menacing name.

Quantum.

Let's just say his magic attack is an apparition of the real thing with similar attributes. I don't think a wormhole is the correct use of word for his magic attack.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2006, 10:27:21 am »

It proves that Magus's powers are incredible right? A blackhole isn't just your average magic spell. His ability either misses or annihilates the enemy. Magus can't always cast the blackhole attack each battle, he has to be a certain range towards and from the enemy, or he would obliterate himself. The ability to manipulate the fabric of spacetime is a serious issue. Magus has this power, but I believe he creates a manipulation of a blackhole . . . or he might generate a smaller version of the real thing. It would take much focus and control but the effect of opening an actual blackhole would be like turning off the oxygen in the given area where Chrono and co. is currently fighting in, resulting in a double KO (Street Fighter) of Chrono, party, and the enemies. Or . . . I am wrong and he can infact create a whole in space time, since the Earth and all its attributes and components are taking up space right now, and can send his enemies into nothingness.

What are you trying to get at with this wormhole idea though?

Quantum.

Let's just say his magic attack is an apparition of the real thing with similar attributes. I don't think a wormhole is the correct use of word for his magic attack.

correct me if i'm wrong but a worm hole can span time as well as space. there for a gate would somewhat act or even be a worm hole(in some sort of dormant state mind you, which the gate key either activates or stretches it to make it a practical form of time travel)

sense gravity is simply a distortion in space/time, and black holes are the most extreme example of these distortions i think the creation of wormholes would require the same gravity minipulating abilities as that of creating a black hole weather it requires more minipulation or less minipulation im unsure.

in regards to the distructive power of a black hole: from what we see in CT (from magus's spell) it would appear that magus "opens" a black hole and sees if it is capable of consuming an enemy, then closes it to keep its distructive power in check, thats probably what the failure actualy is, simply magus stopping the small black hole from becomming so powerful to either consume himself or "unwanted targets"

Spekkio

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Master of War
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2006, 06:19:09 pm »
and even Azala can teleport huge chunks of rocks and move them in the air at distance.

I think that's more of an element, not magic.

Except that it says "Teleportation/Teleports a rock!"

Also, they just appear out of nowhere above your character's head.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2006, 06:27:01 pm »
So? It doesn't really change anything.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2006, 10:54:13 am »
So? It doesn't really change anything.

Change? no Exaplain? yes

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • I'm the pirate and I make any fool walk the Plank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2006, 04:55:43 pm »
it does change and explain!