Author Topic: The relationship between Magus' magic & Time/Space  (Read 23891 times)

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Re: The relationship between Magus' magic & Time/Space
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2006, 04:11:40 pm »
Magus does have the power to create a miniature black hole/rupture in space. During battles, my thought was that you have to be at a certain distance to use it so your party stays clear of the event horizon while it consumes other enemies. I was surprised that its caption was "power of life and death". It should've been changed to "power of life or death" since it has the chance to annihilate enemies at random.

I was also surprised by the visual given when he performs a Dark Matter attack. It's just so mysterious. But yes, I do believe Magus evolved in his magic arts to travel through time.

If anyone has ever played FFX or FFX-2, you can use an item called Dark Matter that deals major damage. The visual is awesome yet truthfully bogus.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2006, 03:28:28 pm »
Magus does have the power to create a miniature black hole/rupture in space. During battles, my thought was that you have to be at a certain distance to use it so your party stays clear of the event horizon while it consumes other enemies. I was surprised that its caption was "power of life and death". It should've been changed to "power of life or death" since it has the chance to annihilate enemies at random.

Yea, but it's a magical blackhole that doesn't function at all like a real one. Instead being a mass of gravity that warps space time around it, it's a mass of black magic that inexplicably hurts the enemy.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2006, 06:36:32 pm »

Yea, but it's a magical blackhole that doesn't function at all like a real one. Instead being a mass of gravity that warps space time around it, it's a mass of black magic that inexplicably hurts the enemy.

So lightning magic is just a beam of light that hurts the enemy. Fire magic is just heat, ice magic is just frozen moisture and water is just a mass of condensed water falling ontop of the enemy? Doing greats amount of damage.
I seriously doubt it's that easy, as the CC magic are elements of the universe, CT's magic are the 4 basics of everything.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2006, 03:51:43 am »
Yea, but that's different. For those other spells, real lightning and fire is being summoned. If Magus summoned a real blackhole, the entire solar system would be gone.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2006, 09:19:36 am »
Not necessarily, it depends on what size of the black hole. There is are miniature black holes that has a size of an atom but it doesn't pose a threat on a solar system. I learn that on my science class in high school.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2006, 11:44:06 am »
Yep, in fact, Time Eggs are stated to carry a miniature black hole in them. Reviving Crono didn't cause the solar system to explode.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2006, 02:25:45 pm »
One of the size Magus created would pretty much destroy the solar system, if you know shit about quantum physics. As for the blackholes in the Time Eggs, I'm sure they can come up with some lame excuse like...I dunno, Dreamstone being able to contain a black hole or something.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2006, 02:30:54 pm »
The same lame excuse applies to Magus' Black Hole and Lynx' Forever Zero, as well as UltraNova (this one should really hurt the planet).

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2006, 12:43:18 am »
One of the size Magus created would pretty much destroy the solar system, if you know shit about quantum physics. As for the blackholes in the Time Eggs, I'm sure they can come up with some lame excuse like...I dunno, Dreamstone being able to contain a black hole or something.

What's makes Magus' black hole big is it's outline. The real black hole that he created is only a small dot so he could control it. If he makes a bigger black hole like what you say, he'll get suck into it along with his enemies

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2006, 02:48:17 pm »
Which he rightfully should, since black holes don't discriminate. Not to mention a SMALLER black hole would be even more destructive since it'd cause more of a vacuum, so that makes things even worse. It's just not a black hole. A poor magical imitation, maybe, but not one that can be considered as Space/Time Magic.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2006, 03:09:48 am »
You're right about Magus' black hole is an imitation of the real thing. But since it consist gravity I would still consider it as T/S magic since gravity is relative to astrophysics.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2006, 02:09:55 pm »
You are also forgetting the event horizon.

Remember, once something crosses it, it ain't coming back...

ShoeMagus

• Guardian (+100)
  • "We are...the dreamers of Dreams."
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2006, 01:06:26 am »
Well if Magus is generating a real black hole, than obviously he has to have some safeguard against it sucking him in (and whoever he's with). I mean really. Would Magus create a black hole if he couldn't control it? People dont' become powerful magic users by being stupid.

If he's powerful enough to create a black hole, then he should be powerful enough to control it.

I think its a real black hole. Not a simple imitation. Its small, controlled, and can suck the enemies into oblivion. It doesn't work all the time because Magus is forced to close it when he can't always fully control it.

Just my two cents.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2006, 04:36:00 pm »
But if he's controlling it, it's not a real black hole.

Hell, it can't be a real black hole by the virtue of not being an imploded star.

I find that Magus just makes a vortex or something and calls it Black Hole to make it sound more deadly.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2006, 08:18:43 pm »
Agreed.

It has to be an imitation of the second sort of "phase" of the creation of a blackhole. I never really found it that affective on enemies.

However, that Son of Suns boss battle to acquire the moon stone boded well with the usage of Magus's Blackhole.