Author Topic: The relationship between Magus' magic & Time/Space  (Read 23896 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Re: The relationship between Magus' magic & Time/Space
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 11:49:53 pm »
I don't think he was really responsible for that -_-;
I do, there are no trees on the planet, and if Melchior was working on the sapling, like putting magic in it and such that would make it flurish and spread quickly, that would explain it's power.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 01:41:01 am »
I really don't think magic was involved in the sapling. I don't think the Gurus did all that much magic anyway, I think they were more focused on the science of their respective fields. As in, Melchior could have genetically engineered the sapling to be what it was, maybe through magic, or cross-pollination, etc.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2006, 01:10:46 pm »
Or it's just some rare magic plant that just grows in Chronoworld.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 02:22:47 pm »
In a world where mushrooms can turn you into a mushroom-man, Melchior's seed doesn't seem that special.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 02:51:09 pm »
1) What clone? I'm talking about the barrier she put on the time gate, and the barrier that looks almost the same that she is encased in on top of Belthasar.

I didn't know what thing you were talking about for a second. The time gate thing . . . yes, now I know what you're talking about.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 06:11:37 pm »
1) What clone? I'm talking about the barrier she put on the time gate, and the barrier that looks almost the same that she is encased in on top of Belthasar.

I didn't know what thing you were talking about for a second. The time gate thing . . . yes, now I know what you're talking about.
Schala... on top of Belthasar??

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 06:34:11 pm »
I think he means Time Devourer.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 11:22:12 pm »
Yup, typo ;) Sounds so weird tho  :shock:

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2006, 01:18:23 am »
Schala... on top of Belthasar??

:shock:

*deep breath*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>_<

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2006, 04:31:18 pm »
Magus DID have a T/S magic like blackhole and darkmatter right?

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2006, 07:41:39 pm »
No, that was just Shadow element magic. Not literal dark matter and black holes. Otherwise the solar system would like implode.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2006, 08:11:53 pm »
No, that was just Shadow element magic. Not literal dark matter and black holes. Otherwise the solar system would like implode.

Except that CT's magic aren't elements. They're the 4 powers that create and control the universe. If it was just an element, i'd doubt lightning/heaven could revive someone.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2006, 05:29:38 am »
So I can safely assume that Magus has T/S magic then it's possible that either he learn to open time gates with magic by self-taught or some Zealians in the Dark Age taught him that magic. Remember that there are lots of magic scholars in Zeal even if they lose the ability to use magic they can still teach Magus by following certain procedures and Magus will do the rest by practicing. Don't forget that Magus is a genius in terms of magic.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2006, 09:09:22 am »
So I can safely assume that Magus has T/S magic then it's possible that either he learn to open time gates with magic by self-taught or some Zealians in the Dark Age taught him that magic. Remember that there are lots of magic scholars in Zeal even if they lose the ability to use magic they can still teach Magus by following certain procedures and Magus will do the rest by practicing. Don't forget that Magus is a genius in terms of magic.

No one taught him magic, because no one even knew he had any power. The only true Guru who could do time magic was Gaspar, and Belthasar used technology to his advantage to achieve the same effect.

Magus with his summoning technique demontrates his power for time and space control. Obviously, if he's summoning Lavos, hes creating a gate to pull him into where Magus is. But this failed and caused a gate. So either way, Magus achieved the time/space effect.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2006, 03:04:12 pm »
Except that CT's magic aren't elements. They're the 4 powers that create and control the universe. If it was just an element, i'd doubt lightning/heaven could revive someone.

I know that, If I meant CC Elements, it would've been capitalized. Use some common sense. I mean element as in "elemental"

Except he's never demonstrated T/S magic, and his lack of it makes sense because of his initial amazement of timetraveling back home to Zeal.

Magus with his summoning technique demontrates his power for time and space control. Obviously, if he's summoning Lavos, hes creating a gate to pull him into where Magus is. But this failed and caused a gate. So either way, Magus achieved the time/space effect.

One could argue that that was just malfunctioning magic on Lavos' part due to an incomplete summoning.