Author Topic: The relationship between Magus' magic & Time/Space  (Read 24120 times)

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
The relationship between Magus' magic & Time/Space
« on: June 19, 2006, 05:03:46 am »
I'm just curious... Does Magus' magic is related to time/space magic? If so, does Magus has the ability to travel time using time/space magic?

Please enlighten me....

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: The relationship between Magus' magic & Time/Space
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 03:22:01 pm »
It's never really implied anywhere whatsoever that he has any time/space related powers, just traditional black arts like turning people into frogs and such. The only time he's ever caused any Time/Space related abilities to manifest was in the boss fight against him, and even then it's highly more likely that it was the fault of the failed Lavos summoning.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 10:05:25 pm »
Don't forget that RD already has evidence to him being able to, and CC implies by Lucca that he still can and does.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 08:15:19 am »
RD states that he made his way to the present era, but we don't know how he was able to. In CT Melchior was in the present era too but it was certainly not because of his personal magic power. As for Lucca, she knows that Magus is looking for Schala. She has no idea how "Schala" came to be reborn in the present, but since "Schala" is there, Lucca assumes that perhaps Magus could be around there too, whatever his mean of travel is.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 04:22:08 pm »
The Zealians stated that Janus's magic were more powerful than anyone. It is possible that over time, "Magus" has evolved in his magic arts thus learning time travel through his individual powers.

Magus's powers far exceed the gurus. However, Belthasar is able to build equipment that can allow time travel. If you think about it, there are many ways that Magus could've found his way back to the present era.

The question still remains, how did he know that there was a "Schala" presence in the present era?

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 05:11:40 pm »
Lucca had a baby clone of Schala? liek dur?

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 09:55:19 pm »
The Zealians stated that Janus's magic were more powerful than anyone. It is possible that over time, "Magus" has evolved in his magic arts thus learning time travel through his individual powers.

Magus's powers far exceed the gurus. However, Belthasar is able to build equipment that can allow time travel. If you think about it, there are many ways that Magus could've found his way back to the present era.

The question still remains, how did he know that there was a "Schala" presence in the present era?

No one ever said that his power exceeded the Guru's.

I don't see Magus making a time egg, a time machine, or being omniscient.
Heck, the Masamune weakened him, and it was made by Melchior.
The exact quote was supposed to mean that Janus too had power, frightening amounts, but he kept it sealed and hidden because he saw what it had done to hsi mother, and saw how Schala hated using her own.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 12:27:07 am »

The exact quote was supposed to mean that Janus too had power, frightening amounts, but he kept it sealed and hidden because he saw what it had done to hsi mother, and saw how Schala hated using her own.

Re-read my previous post. Magus may have been able to harness his true power over time. It's stated that he had more than anyone else, yes. But, question again, how did Magus know a "Schala" existed in the present era...

Do you think the Gurus had more power than the Queen?

I don't see the Gurus as all so powerful. What I can tell, Melchior got owned by Dalton. As for Melchiors dreamstone affecting Magus, I can easily counter that with the story of Samson and Delilah in the Bible.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 10:27:30 pm »

Re-read my previous post. Magus may have been able to harness his true power over time. It's stated that he had more than anyone else, yes. But, question again, how did Magus know a "Schala" existed in the present era...

Do you think the Gurus had more power than the Queen?

I don't see the Gurus as all so powerful. What I can tell, Melchior got owned by Dalton. As for Melchiors dreamstone affecting Magus, I can easily counter that with the story of Samson and Delilah in the Bible.

No, you can't counter it. That's the bible, not CT.

Anyway, The Guru's had some powers greater than the Queen. She in general was like uber powerful. But no one was stronger than Melchior in harnessing life. No one was smarter than Belthasar, and no one had more of a grasp of time and how to control it than Gaspar.
And Melchior really didn't get pwned. Dalton is like a general, sure he has some fire magic or such, Melchior didn't get hurt or anything, he was walking around fine after, he just got knocked out, and remember that he is old.

And Schala, we've seen her barrier technique. She's got a lot up her sleve, but we don't see much.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 07:15:56 pm »

So . . . ?

Anyway, The Guru's had some powers greater than the Queen. She in general was like uber powerful. But no one was stronger than Melchior in harnessing life. No one was smarter than Belthasar, and no one had more of a grasp of time and how to control it than Gaspar.
And Melchior really didn't get pwned. Dalton is like a general, sure he has some fire magic or such, Melchior didn't get hurt or anything, he was walking around fine after, he just got knocked out, and remember that he is old.

And Schala, we've seen her barrier technique. She's got a lot up her sleve, but we don't see much.

Blehh, I don't know about that. The gurus in my opinion were weak. How does Melchior "harness" life? Belthasar is definately a smart-arse in all and gaspar is master of time. Ok, I can see that. If they were masters of their titles, then perhaps they should've used that when confronted by the queen and at the Ocean Palace incident. Melchior DID get pwned, admit it :P

Perhaps Magus sensed that barrier in which you speak of, in which Schala created or some sort of force created by the clone?

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 09:29:12 pm »

So . . . ?

Blehh, I don't know about that. The gurus in my opinion were weak. How does Melchior "harness" life? Belthasar is definately a smart-arse in all and gaspar is master of time. Ok, I can see that. If they were masters of their titles, then perhaps they should've used that when confronted by the queen and at the Ocean Palace incident. Melchior DID get pwned, admit it :P

Perhaps Magus sensed that barrier in which you speak of, in which Schala created or some sort of force created by the clone?

1) What clone? I'm talking about the barrier she put on the time gate, and the barrier that looks almost the same that she is encased in on top of the Time Devourer.
2) The Guru's did stand up against Zeal. And for that reason, Melchior got sent to Mt. Woe, Gaspar and Belthasar went into hiding.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 11:23:23 pm by Zaperking »

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 12:36:27 pm »
How does Melchior "harness" life?

Well, he can create life out of pure dreaming and visualization. Etc. Masa, Mune, and Doreen.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 12:27:34 am »
How does Melchior "harness" life?

Well, he can create life out of pure dreaming and visualization. Etc. Masa, Mune, and Doreen.
Not to mention that little sapling.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 01:51:28 pm »
I don't think he was really responsible for that -_-;