Author Topic: ff7 ps3  (Read 4863 times)

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
Re: ff7 ps3
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2006, 03:08:25 pm »
Final Fantasy Origins - Final Fantasy Anthology - Final Fantasy Chronicles

Why play it twice? Because we can, put simply. Why replay a game you've beaten in the past? Why not rent your games instead of buy them . . . if your just going to agonize over playing them over again? Why not have a revamped version of an old game, who cares, why keep on making Street Fighter games if its just the same thing over and over again?

Please . . .

But, I have heard that someone let the cat out of the bag a little too early with FF7. It might still be true, but then again, I like FFX better and I fail to understand why most people like FF7. Don't get me wrong, FF7 was an incredible game, but it was not the best.
  i think the reason ff7 has been the fan favorite for so long is because it was the first of its kind.   there was such a hug gap between it and its predecessors.   the story wasnt the greatest, but it was pretty good.  also its ad campain got alot of people who had never played rpgs, so it was kinda like the girl you lose your virginity to.  even if she wasnt the best looking, she'll always have a place in your heart.

What about the guys who lost their virginity with hookers huh? Huh?! HUH HUH?!!?!?

p.s.: those would be the ones who got into rpg's through FF8, and nowadays when their brain has grown bigger than a soy beam they think the game stinks like rotten cheese after being eaten and shitted off

p.s.2: just kidding ,really
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 03:12:36 pm by cupn00dles »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2006, 04:26:17 pm »
I think if someone lost their virginity to a hooker they'd probably remember that and that memory would still have a special place in their heart...Uh, not that I'd know or anything!

>_>

kian

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2006, 08:21:32 pm »
...im for once at a loss for words. :(

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2006, 12:15:29 am »
Ultimecia sucked.  Hell, after the first disc was over FFVIII as a whole sucked.

Despite being the best FF ever. Well, I suppose it's a tough choice betwen VIII and IX, but yeah, it's up there.
You should be crowned King Awesome.

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2006, 05:11:11 am »
VIII had the potential to be the best.  In Disc 1, you get the best FF intro ever created, heated rivalries, a train chase, motherfucking D-Day with robots, and a mission to assassinate a bitch.  The first disc of VIII rocked hard.  But it fell apart like a house of cards after that.  Their time travel mechanism was retarded, Squall's character shift came out of absolutely nowhere, the entire FH sequence was stupid, Ultimecia had zero motivation or character development for anything she did, and the only redeeming story factor in the entire rest of the game was the Esthar sequence and the trip into space, and even that was marred by the Lunar Cry, which was more of a convenient plot device than anything else. There's also the thoroughly drug-addled bit where Squall somehow manages to walk across an intercontinental railroad.  Imagine walking the distance from Austin to New York.  How hard is it to just commandeer a defunct train, or take a motorcycle with you?  But I must admit, the Ragnarok is my favorite airship in the series.  It's extreme beyond the capacity for words, and it's one of the only FF airships with actual combat utility in and of itself.  I prefer all of my flying vehicles to be able to cause mass destruction.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2006, 05:23:53 pm »
Yeah, I agree, VIII faultered in presentation around the middle...You'd think Cecil's 180 would have tought them, but apparently not...and Squall "pulls-a-Paladin"...I like the overall idea and many of the concepts in VIII, especially the love story aspect playing such a large role...I'd easily put IX ahead of it though, for it's kick ass, well developed characters (they were as great and memorable as the cast of Trigger)...but not much ahead...because Zidane was the exception to the rule (in a highly negative way).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2006, 05:33:50 pm »
I need to write this somewhere.

Noli manere, manere in memoria.
Ferum terrible, ferum fatum.
Veni, mi fili. Veni, mi fili.
Hic veni, da mihi mortem iterum.
Veni, mi fili. Veni, mi fili.
Hic veni, da mihi...
Noli manere in memoria.
Saevam iram et dolorem.
Ferum terrible fatum.
Ille iterum veniet.
Mi fili, veni, veni, veni, mi fili.
(Qui mortem invitavis,)
(Poena funesta natus,)
(Noli nomen vocare.)
(Ille iterum veniet.)
Sephiroth, Sephiroth.

You must comprehend how absolutely inspirational the myth of Sephiroth is. That kind of self-will...is godly. Sephiroth is the utmost lucidity coupled with absolute desire. You could do anything with that self-directed force. It is that ultimate selfish power that brought the Compendium to completion.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 05:36:24 pm by ZeaLitY »

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2006, 05:42:33 pm »
Wait, what myth? I thought people still debated when Sephiroth was himself or not in FFVII...Man, I seriously need to play that one again...I feel bad about my many years of bad-mouthing it...as if I've only played Chrono Cross the once, gotten the shoddy ending w/o using the Chrono Cross and immediately started complaining about the whole game not making any sense...>_>

Yes, friends, that's FFVII guilt you've just read...fanboy guilt. It's in league w/the occult I'm sure...

But I still hate Yuffie and you can't take that away from me!!! No one can!!!

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2006, 06:32:36 pm »

She was a secret character, you didn't need her in the first place. :roll:

Sephiroth has to be one of the few final bosses to have character development. But that's just my opinion.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2006, 06:58:50 pm »
Oh pashaw, that's like saying you didn't need to get Magus...Of course you had to get Magus! Plus, how was I to know how utterly annoying and stupid Yuffie was going to be before I got her? Eh? EH? Vincent barely made up for the horrors of the FFVII cast...I was spoiled by FFVI and CT...what can I say?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2006, 08:49:42 pm »
I was spoiled by FFVI and CT...what can I say?

Now those are games that should be remade for the PS3.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2006, 02:08:24 am »
Ultimecia had zero motivation or character development for anything she did

Just to comment on this: She was never supposed to have much development. FF8 was about your characters, not about "defeating the great evil empire". Besides, no motivation is stated directly, but it's implied near the end of disc one when "Edea" is giving her speech.

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2006, 02:34:18 am »

Quote from: Emperor Palpatine
Give yourself to the dark side...you know you want to.

How can you hate anything that cute?  How can you not be totally IN LOVE?

One of these days, I'm going to get my girlfriend to dress up like Yuffie.  I hope I remember a rubber.

And just because a game's not about defeating the Evil Empire™ doesn't mean the adversaries don't need development.

Silvercry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • The Great Silvercry's Blog
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2006, 04:14:45 am »
Too bad the main idea behind how the Rinoa=Ultimecia (that sorceresses live very long lifespans) was killed off by FF8's Ultimania.

So I've heard.  Personally, I never got why the whole "sorceresses live very long lifespans" idea for R=U theory was ever used, when time travel (via time compression or something similar) is a lot more viable, as it actually has a link to the actual events in-game.

What about FFVIII? FFVIII has way more shit that is unexplained, and that whole Rinoa~Ultimecia theory could make a great game (thanks Silvercry :D)

Your welcome.   :D

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2006, 04:39:41 pm »

Quote from: Emperor Palpatine
Give yourself to the dark side...you know you want to.

Classic. I love it.