Author Topic: ff7 ps3  (Read 4898 times)

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Re: ff7 ps3
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 04:50:50 am »
Here's a concept I never understood:

Why would you want to play the same game twice?

What joy would one receive in an updated version of FF7? Hotter Aeris Vincent? XD

Fix'd.
Oh man, I always thought you swung that way =[

Here's a concept I never understood:

Why would you want to play the same game twice?

What joy would one receive in an updated version of FF7? Hotter Aeris? XD
Absolutely right. Most classic games shouldn't be replayed, or you will soon come to dislike it. The only games I enjoy replaying are games I loved that I haven't played for years, or New Super Mario Bros. on my new DS Lite =]

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 05:47:20 pm »
so whatt im getting here is noone here would want a chrono trigger remake or a final fantasy remake?  what about movie remakes, i know you have to sift through alot of shit, but sometimes you manage to strike gold.

I wouldn't mind a CT remake if it was done right. Give us a better translation of the script. Give us better sound and music quality. Of course you can give us better graphics. But don't fuck around w/it trying to fix what isn't broken. I'm a purist, but I understand outdated graphics and how they appear to the new generation...But the graphics didn't make Chrono Trigger great. They just added to it's greatness at the time. It deserves a facelift, but don't try to change what it is on the inside...>_>

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 06:44:05 pm »

ChibiBob is a girl.

If they did a remake, the script would need a facelift.  This guy are sick, indeed.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 06:25:42 am »

ChibiBob is a girl.
That's what I meant =]

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 12:02:34 am »
Final Fantasy Origins - Final Fantasy Anthology - Final Fantasy Chronicles

Why play it twice? Because we can, put simply. Why replay a game you've beaten in the past? Why not rent your games instead of buy them . . . if your just going to agonize over playing them over again? Why not have a revamped version of an old game, who cares, why keep on making Street Fighter games if its just the same thing over and over again?

Please . . .

But, I have heard that someone let the cat out of the bag a little too early with FF7. It might still be true, but then again, I like FFX better and I fail to understand why most people like FF7. Don't get me wrong, FF7 was an incredible game, but it was not the best.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 02:56:06 pm »
Cats shouldn't be in bags period. It's inhumane.

I'm no fan of FFVII either, but I could see how a revamp would be appreciated by fans (and admonished by purists, but they always complain)...and, heck, since I didn't like it to begin with...I think a revamp is freakin necessary!

:lol:

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 05:12:28 pm »
A remake would let them redo the continuity once and for all. Last Order sort of rewrites some things. Additionally, since FF7 was the first of its kind, it is sort of the lowest technological common denominator. They could expand it, etc., whatever.

It won't happen on the level of the tech demo, as that would take "5 years" (quote) to do.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 07:43:42 pm »
I really don't like Last Order continuity. It really makes Cloud less awesome. I mean now he's just crazy enough to impale himself further on Sephy's blade. Back then he was strong enough to smack Sephiroth into the wall with his own blade while impaled.

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 10:32:37 pm »
Forget that, you want to really know what makes Cloud less awesome?  The Advent Children Reunion File.  Nomura says that he directed the fight to show Sephiroth's vast superiority over Cloud.  This is IN SPITE of his huge spiritual awakening.  Really, that kinda pisses me off; if you can't have an even fight without resorting to limit breaks, it doesn't appear to be very credible that Cloud has already killed Sephiroth once.  Really, his interpretation of the fight sequence is somewhat crack-addled, but it's canon, and quality has zero relevance to canon status.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2006, 02:26:49 am »
What about FFVIII? FFVIII has way more shit that is unexplained, and that whole Rinoa~Ultimecia theory could make a great game (thanks Silvercry :D)

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2006, 02:48:47 am »
Too bad the main idea behind how the Rinoa=Ultimecia (that sorceresses live very long lifespans) was killed off by FF8's Ultimania.

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2006, 03:11:02 am »
Ultimecia sucked.  Hell, after the first disc was over FFVIII as a whole sucked.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2006, 03:37:16 am »
Ultimecia sucked.  Hell, after the first disc was over FFVIII as a whole sucked.
Screw you.
Too bad the main idea behind how the Rinoa=Ultimecia (that sorceresses live very long lifespans) was killed off by FF8's Ultimania.
You too.

kian

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2006, 02:12:55 pm »
Final Fantasy Origins - Final Fantasy Anthology - Final Fantasy Chronicles

Why play it twice? Because we can, put simply. Why replay a game you've beaten in the past? Why not rent your games instead of buy them . . . if your just going to agonize over playing them over again? Why not have a revamped version of an old game, who cares, why keep on making Street Fighter games if its just the same thing over and over again?

Please . . .

But, I have heard that someone let the cat out of the bag a little too early with FF7. It might still be true, but then again, I like FFX better and I fail to understand why most people like FF7. Don't get me wrong, FF7 was an incredible game, but it was not the best.
  i think the reason ff7 has been the fan favorite for so long is because it was the first of its kind.   there was such a hug gap between it and its predecessors.   the story wasnt the greatest, but it was pretty good.  also its ad campain got alot of people who had never played rpgs, so it was kinda like the girl you lose your virginity to.  even if she wasnt the best looking, she'll always have a place in your heart.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2006, 02:55:57 pm »

Despite being the best FF ever. Well, I suppose it's a tough choice betwen VIII and IX, but yeah, it's up there.