Author Topic: ff7 ps3  (Read 4901 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: ff7 ps3
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2006, 05:06:00 pm »
[A Picture I Don't Want In My Quote]
[Another Picture I Don't Want In My Quote]
[A Third Picture I Don't Want In My Quote]

Quote from: Emperor Palpatine
Give yourself to the dark side...you know you want to.

How can you hate anything that cute?  How can you not be totally IN LOVE?

One of these days, I'm going to get my girlfriend to dress up like Yuffie.  I hope I remember a rubber.

I don't care about her cuteness-factor (whatever it may or may not be)...The fact of the matter is that in FFI we got a kick ass Ninja that evolved from our Theif (which was good for the Running), in FFII, we got gipped (as far as I know, yet another reason it's such a sucky suck-fest), in FFIII, the Ninja Job Class is the ultimate physical Job Class (not counting the Onion Knight), in FFIV, we got the Ninja Prince Edge, in FFV, there was the Ninja Job Class again and that was ok, in FFVI we got the bad-ass in black, Shadow and then what do they give us in FFVII? Yuffie.

That's just not right. You don't go from Edge & Shadow to...her...

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2006, 09:42:57 am »
Oh yeah, I'll agree that Yuffie isn't a very good representation of a ninja.  Though really, Edge and Shadow fulfilled the role of "dark mysterious character" much more than the role of ninja; their choice of class was merely incidental.  There's some kind of tendency in Japan to make dark characters ninjas by default.  In FFVII, they fixed that by giving us Vincent, who's much cooler than the both of them, in part because he has the good sense to use a gun.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2006, 01:59:17 pm »
Bah! Guns are too clumsy and random.

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2006, 06:48:17 pm »
Not if your opponent isn't equipped with a character shield.  Unless you've got superspeed and precognition, a gun will always be preferable to a sword.  Even if you do have super speed and precognition, you need training to use a sword effectively; guns require very little training for this same level of effectiveness.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2006, 07:48:35 pm »
That also depends heavily on gun technology of the game's era...Which, I suppose, is virtually limitless since they are fantasy games...If his gun was so great how come it didn't do extra damage? As a matter of fact, isn't he the Magus of the physical attack in FFVII?

And I think that 'mysterious character is always a ninja' rule only applies to bad Japanese anime...Or I could classify it as oldschool cliché...Also, much like Chrono Trigger...Wow! Trigger is the Kevin Bacon of the RPG world...>_>...or not...

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2006, 03:49:30 am »
Fantasy or not doesn't matter.  LOTR's fantasy, and there are no guns to speak of.  Technology and fictional metaphysics are largely independent of one another.  And his ultimate weapon is the most reliable of FFVII's ultimates.

Also, I just changed religions.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 04:00:02 am by Hadriel »

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2006, 12:27:39 pm »
I really have to advoid those JENOVA's Witnesses

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2006, 01:39:06 pm »
Boy, FF7 is sure addicting. The entire mythos and cast is colorful and interesting. And they're all self-willed.

kian

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2006, 07:34:43 pm »
Not if your opponent isn't equipped with a character shield.  Unless you've got superspeed and precognition, a gun will always be preferable to a sword.  Even if you do have super speed and precognition, you need training to use a sword effectively; guns require very little training for this same level of effectiveness.
  you are referring to the "video game world" right?

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2006, 03:18:34 am »
Boy, FF7 is sure addicting. The entire mythos and cast is colorful and interesting. And they're all self-willed.

That's a joke, right?

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2006, 11:40:11 am »
you are referring to the "video game world" right?

I'm referring to the state of affairs in reality.  If we found a way to give someone massive super speed and precognition, they'd have a chance bringing a sword to a gun fight and winning.  If not, they'd die from such an attempt.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2006, 01:57:16 pm »

That's a joke, right?

Not at all. Tifa, Vincent, Cloud, Barret...they're all acting of their own volition and free will. They all have their own agendas and cares. They are mentally mature people.

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2006, 10:01:13 pm »
I wouldn't say all of them.  Cloud's journey is the journey to gain mental maturity and max out potential.  He's a horribly unbalanced individual in FFVII, but by the end of AC he knows who he is and what he wants out of life.