Author Topic: Radical Dreamers - Le Trésor Interdit  (Read 1530 times)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Radical Dreamers - Le Trésor Interdit
« on: August 25, 2006, 10:04:51 am »
I looked down at the old, dusty notebook that my mother had found whilst cleaning. With a smile, I opened the book and delved back into the world of adventures I had left behind so long ago...

"Looks like we're here, Kid."
"Yer right there, mate. Finally, Viper Manor."

"Magil! What're you waitin' for?"
"Nothing... Let's go, Serge."

That's how it all began... This party, of Kid, Magil, and myself. We're a band of thieves, but not your average run-of-the-mill thieves. We're not searching for a simple robbery, not something as petty as that. No, we're here for the greatest treasure of them all - the infamous Frozen Flame, a supposed incredibly rare and valuable jewel held by the Manor's owner, Lord Lynx. Where many have failed before, we will prevail. We will win. I know it.

"Serge. Oi, Serge!" Kid's voice wakes me up from a dazed state. "Are yeh just gonna stand there and daydream?" she said, with an annoyed expression on her face.
"Oh... Sorry." I muttered, catching up with her.

Kid had always been this easily annoyed. She would usually be nice and confident about things, but it doesn't take much effort to tick her off, mind you...
I recalled my first meeting with Kid - man, it feels like only yesterday that she had approached me in the market town and asked me with a grin: "Wanna join me in breakin' into Lynx's place?" I remember that sudden offer so well, and so clearly. I had responded with "Sounds like fun... I think. But why me?"
Kid had then grinned again and simply said, "Let's go, mate."
I still don't know why she asked me, of all the people there, to help her... I've never been bothered by the question, so I haven't asked her again. Back then, Viper Manor was in a state of chaos, and only now have we had a real chance of getting in. Or so Kid says. I have to say, she has a way of rushing things, leading to complicated situations. She also brags a bit, but her cooking's top notch, or at least, that's what she insists. Nah, Kid has her good sides as well. She'd never steal without a good and noble reason, one of the things I like about her. I guess she's a nice person, deep down.

I look round, due to instinct, to see a tall, masked man with a cape and long, pale blue hair walking towards me quietly. That's Magil. He's the quiet one of the group. He never talks about himself, but I always wonder who he really is, and where he came from. All I know about him is that he's an old friend of Kid's, who has been travelling with her before me. We know him as 'Magil of the Shadows', a name fitting for a man who disguises himself in the darkness, and making no noise whatsoever. He also seems to be quite adept at spellcasting, and, without him, I'm not sure we would've made it this far. I stare into Magil's masked face, and I get the impression his real face is no different - empty and expressionless.

"Something the matter, Serge?" Magil suddenly speaks, after about an hour of silence.
"No, I'm fine, Magil." I reply, turning back round to follow Kid.

The night was quiet, and still. No signs of any obstacles were visible; it seemed we were without trouble, for now. Kid is  walking in front of me, leading us.

I wonder...Does she even know where she's going?

"You blokes can relax." Kid speaks, as if reading my thoughts. "We'll be fine, I know where I'm going."

I gulped. Wow... She just keeps getting scarier...

After a few more minutes of walking, Kid comes to an abrupt halt and I nearly collide with her.

"Hey, Kid, what're you doin'-"
"Quiet, mate, can't you hear that?"
"Er..."

I focus on my surroundings, but I hear nothing out of the ordinary. Then, the bushes near our left side start to rustle, and about half a dozen fierce-looking felines jump out in front of us.

"Watch it, mate, these buggers are prolly rabid." said Kid, not taking her eyes away from the cats.

I looked at them. They were only the size of an average house cat, but they certainly had a ravenous look on their faces, and were pawing at the ground, preparing to pounce. Slowly, I draw my knife and get ready to battle with these feral creatures.

The cat closest to me, it's eyes widening and turning a bright yellow, jumps at me with fierce speed. I quickly react by raising my knife, shielding my face from it's bite. I leap back, trying to create some distance between me and the cat. Suddenly, Kid runs in, as if out of nowhere, ducking out of the way of an attack with ease, not even flinching or slowing down, and pinning down a surprised cat, ultimately stabbing it in the chest, killing it.

"C'mon, Serge, stop standin' around and kill somethin'!!!" she calls to me, before leaping at another enemy.

Not wanting to look like an idiot in front of Kid, I lash out, slashing wildly at the nearest cat. It desperately fell backwards in its attempt to dodge my attack, and then jumped above me, seeing my guard down, and plunged at me. I hiss in pain as I fell fangs digging deep into my now-bleeding arm, and I then threw the cat off. I raised my knife again, ran at the feral cat, and making sure it wouldn't react quickly enough this time, I ram the blade into its head. Without even a moment to smile in victorious revenge, Kid shouted at me.

"Behind ya, Serge!"

I whirled around and ducked in time to see another of the cats lunge past me with its sharp claws drawn. Kid ran towards it a few seconds later, knocking it down and kicking it in the jaw, silencing it for good.

Just one left...

As I readied to continue the battle, I heard a yell, and turned to see Magil launching an attack, a huge Inferno spell, buringing the last cat and sending it into a panicking fury. Running off, our victory was sealed.

"Phew..."
"Alright there, mate?" Kid says, smirking.
"Yeah, I'm fine... and you?"
"Not a problem! That's what happens when you challenge the mighty Kid!"

There she goes again. Bragging like an idiot. I turn to Magil.

"Alright, Magil?"
"Don't worry about me, Serge."

Magil then walks ahead of me. Not a scratch on him... There really is no reason to worry, I guess. I thought that I had done quite well back there, considering that it was my first real fight. This sort of thing is nothing to Kid and Magil, though...

I catch up with Kid, who soon stops at an opening. There appears to be an open window at the terrace.

"Perfect. We can get in through here." Kid walks up to the window. "Here I come, Lynx, ya no good bastard!"
"Wait, Kid!" Magil speaks. "We're hre for the Flame, not revenge against Lord Lynx."
"Yeah, fine. Calm down, Magil." she rolled her eyes.

Revenge?
I felt as if I was missing something here... But it had nothing to do with me, so I decided not to ask about it. Climbing in through the open window, I looked around to see that we are standing in a hallway. However, it's pitch-dark, and I can't see a thing.

Ahead of us, the passage stretches off into darkness. To the right is a staircase, leading down.

"So, which way will we go?"
"Down the passage, I think." Kid replies.
"Why that way?"
"Do ya need a reason fer everything, or do I have to knock some sense into ya?!"
"Alright, alright..."

Sheesh, I was just asking...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 05:21:06 pm by Pyt Fumv »

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
Re: Radical Dreamers - Le Trésor Interdit
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 11:37:37 pm »
I cant help notice that you have the same style as Daniel Defoe(Author of Robinson Crusoe).  Another great work that you have wrote and I hope that you make another one.  It's fun reading your fanfics.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 05:22:03 pm »
Thanks! I've added more to the first post. I'll type up more soon.

I also included a Lucca reference...  8)

Lynx

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 02:19:52 am »
ya did a good job "mate"

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 01:50:12 pm »
"That's what happens when you challenge the mighty Kid!" - Lucca reference  :lee:

I'll be typing up a lot more soon.

Lavodox

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ignorance is to be whipped. -Franziska Von Karma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 10:15:22 am »
Is it me, or is this the same exact dialogue from Radical Dreamers -___-?

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 04:45:50 am »
I liked this.  I look forward to more.  :)