Author Topic: Comparison between the leaders of CT & CC to the Anti-Christ  (Read 4147 times)

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
Re: Comparison between the leaders of CT & CC to the Anti-Christ
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 01:35:25 am »
What you said is true.  However, that theory was neither proved or disproved up to this day.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 03:57:06 am »
Actually, I'd think the most divine figure is the Entity/Planet, since it has that Gaia/Lifestream/Mother Earth thang goin' down for it. Lavos is more like the Demiurge from Gnosticism.

Yeah, well Gnosticism is a little... strange. Actually, it DOES strike me as seeming a lot like the strange amalgam of western and eastern theology/philosophy that so many fantasy stories seem fond of - little wonder that Lavos bears resemblence to it. In actuality, Demiurge in the Gnostic idea is simply an appropriate of the true meaning of the term. It (Demiourgos in Gk) denotes a skilled craftsman, and was the term Classical Greek philosophers used to describe an ultimate creator god, as opposed to the traditional polytheistic beliefs. Contrary to what might be thought, the Greeks seemed to have a keen awareness or glimpse of monotheism, or at least an understanding that their pantheon might not be exactly that of Homer and Hesiod. I just read a passage where a Chorus says something like 'Zeus, whatever his name might be', and I've seen others which have Herakles saying that he does not believe the gods could commit adultery - that whatever is truly god is beyond all that, a perfect god, or passages in which Zeus seems to be spoken of more like the Jewish God, an eternal Creator and all that, rather than the Johnny-come-lately Zeus that is Greek mythological 'canon'. Thus, we get philosophers thinking of a higher God, and we get the term used being Demiurge.

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • I'm the pirate and I make any fool walk the Plank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 03:51:11 pm »
thats right the only reality thats true is what you make for your own reality!

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2006, 04:48:39 pm »
thats right the only reality thats true is what you make for your own reality!

Heh. Need me to bring up Harle's quote? If you deny reality, it will crush you.