Author Topic: King Zeal's Sprite  (Read 924 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: King Zeal's Sprite
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 01:02:24 pm »
That dialogue should only be found if you use the debug room and select "sneek peak at extra stuff". I'll add King Zeal teleporting in behind Schala when Magus says "I sense her"  And about King Zeal being fightable we'll have CL make a custom AI for him.  CHrono'99 is is possible to send the ROM to jpsondag@gmail.com?

EDIT:  Or better yet can you make a patch?

--jp
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 01:12:21 pm by jsondag2 »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 01:50:56 pm »
I made the patch, and King Zeal works fine. I suppose we're going to release in an hour or so...

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 01:55:03 am »
remember if you have free time were gunna need to rest of those to be fixed.......we should really get an official spriter

--jp

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 05:07:37 pm »
Yeah, I'll definitely finish the spriteset. I didn't touched it much since the demo release because I'm currently "sailing" the 1000AD overworld code... With the stuff I understood (and posted here), I'm working on a proper Truce to Medina ferry scene. It's not really hard, just a lot of trial and error to tilt all the different coordinates and make them, ... well, coordinate (<--this is a verb) with each other (camera, sprites and duration itself are all disconnected).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 05:11:11 pm by Chrono'99 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 05:36:24 pm »
overworld event editing (shivers).   Good luck man, I remember seeing what I assumed was the ferry code while I was going through and deleting some OW stuff (ozzie's fort, Magus bats etc). 

--jp

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 06:29:59 am »
Damn this is really frustrating. I keep messing up between changes and unvoluntary reverts and random guessings... I guess the demo release can't wait for King Zeal... especially since the spriteset is uncomplete anyway (though we don't need to see the King's back and the King's laugh for now).

If someone wants to try the sprite import, here's what should be done (what *should* work hopefully):

1/ Rename 1AA97F_kingzeal.txt to 1AA97F_kingzeal.smc

2/ In Temporal Flux, recompress 1AA97F_kingzeal.smc to address 1AA97F

3/ In a hex editor, go to address 240EE8 and simply enter this sequence of values:

9c 73 3d 32 5d 53 83 08
2f 45 63 14 e7 48 6a 59 27 29 f4 62 c6 10 8a

Sounds simple, but I messed my rom with so much programs opened at once that I think something kept reverting the stuff I did. Hopefully someone else can do it, or just release the demo and I'll see later if something's uncorrect in this method (and I'll finish the rest of the spriteset also).

Your patch process above was fine, but the edited graphics took up too much room to fit back into its original spot.  The extra data corrupted the following graphics packet, which I corrected.

I'll type up a tutorial on how to check if a packet can fit correctly, using Lunar Compress.  And how/where to relocate it, if it doesn't.

I'll also add a suggestion to the bug tracker for Geiger to add a feature that displays the compressed/uncompressed size for a piece of data.

In the meantime, if there's more custom graphics to import, post a help message and I'll check it over first before it gets patched in.   :D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 06:37:00 am by JLukas »

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 09:48:15 am »
Oh, so that was it. I pasted over the original graphics, and my picture has 15 colours but I messed something still. Could it be the extra grey space at the bottom of the picture in the attachment? When the graphics are decompressed there's nothing there but when I converted it to a PNG this "void" became grey space. Maybe that's what made the recompressed graphic too big?

[attachment deleted by admin]

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 08:09:47 pm »
No, that should only be the result of converting to a .png image.

As I mentioned in the other thread, it was only $85 bytes over the limit, very close.