Author Topic: Check Here for Latest Rom  (Read 4333 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Check Here for Latest Rom
« on: June 03, 2006, 07:38:29 am »
And with June we begin out voyage back into the game.  I spent most of the last couple days outlining what we got left, and though it's alot (and will probably grow), there's definately a light at the end of the tunnel.  We also are getting help all over, JossiRossi has said that he'd work on a Dinopolis overworld (dinopolis will probably be the biggest task we have), DDK is gunna work on Zeal, Chrono 99 is doing ....everything as usual haha, JLukas is working on the corruption, Chickenlump's menu thing is being implemented (I made the one Chrono 99 showed me but Chickens is MUCH better in that thread). 

So anyways below is a beta beta version of the Mystic rebellion chapter, I didn't quite get to finish cause it got really late much faster then I realized.  Use the debug room to go to the Post Demo 2 (chancellor), run through Ocean Palace Ruins, go back, talk to the gang, talk to frog, go to sandorino plains, it's the desert West of San Dorino it has a name that needs to be changed (we should probalby make it less desert too), Fight int he plains, run through the tunnels (I have 2 rooms that need to be added), Fight Serran, and Finally go make the mystic/porre/nothing decision that's as far as I got.

I'm thinking Frog should be forced in party for this and got to lazy to look it up so I'm asking Kajar for help since someone may have done it.  In other news Chrono 99's ferry and His version of Chickenlumps Menu tutorial thingy is also on this patch.  Red is a pretty cool looking background and the ferry will definately make fans smile. 

Comments most definately welcome, and check out the maps thread if ya wanna clean up.

OH yea can someone check on why I can't sticky/unsticky, we need to clean this place up.

EDIT:  I guess the patch might be useful

--jp

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 08:53:20 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Here We Go Again
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 10:28:18 pm »
Hm the last patch lost data for one of the rooms (sigh, double sigh), here's a new one with a bit more added.

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Check Here for Latest Rom
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 08:57:52 pm »
Let me introduce you guys to happy rom.  This rom has a sunkeep AND a king zeal props to Jlukas.  It also has the alpha version up to getting back to Zeal at night.  Soon DDK should be giving me Zeal at night locations which he has been working on so I'll put those in.  Then I'll work on the crucial decision which will bring us to Dinopolis which JossiRossi should be working on.  Until Jossi Rossi finishes that up I'll work on updating 600 and 1002 locations. 

Till then I'm gunna look at the known bugs thread  and see what I can do.

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 01:01:54 am »
Round 1 of bug fixes:

Fixed bugs reported before a couple days ago.

--jp

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Re: Here We Go Again
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 07:00:02 am »
Hm the last patch lost data for one of the rooms (sigh, double sigh)

In the future, if you can catch this in the act, it would be a huge help to solving it for a TF bug fix.  Specifically, for example, if you have a before.ips, and the directions for what you did exactly afterwards, like deleted Object08 from event in Location 005.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 07:01:57 am by JLukas »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 10:41:43 am »
It usually happens after doing quite a bit....and here's the weird part (which I sound stupid saying cause it seems wrong), it seems to happen by closing TF.  Like if I'm editing something and I open Zsnes and test it it works fine.   But then I close TF and all of a sudden all the events blank out.  So I dont konw if it was the very last thing I did before closing TF or the first thing I did after opening TF.

Does Temporal Flux do something to the ROM after you close it?  Cause that could be a part of the problem, obviously there's something else or I would have strangled something by now.

Also if you want another bug, editing a location seems to reset that locations music, not a big deal when I'm focusing on one location cause I just make music the last t hing I do.  but I just went and did bug fixes which involved about 8 locations and it looks like every location I edited has "Silence" as the music now.  Not a big deal but if it's an easy fix it wouldn't hurt.

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 01:44:38 am »
If magus could talk he's probably be pretty pissed about this patch...that's right thanks to JLukas (yet again) we now have a non powerhouse magus.  He'll have to level up just like the rest of us.

I also added beta last two locations in the mystic tunnel, and cleaned up a little bit of code.

Everyone, don't forget about the map thread, Sprites, and enemy AI work that were going to be needing.

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 12:39:45 pm »
Here's a Rom w/ JLukas stat fix.  I also made it so the meeting between King Guardia and the Medina Elder is taking place after the Mystic Rebellion in 600 AD.  It basically uses copy tiles to put a big table in Medina Square and get rid of the tables/picnic cloth.

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 10:18:48 am »
Alrighty I went ahead and put in Chrono 99's Zeal,  no visible corruption so far.  I also put the hangar in Chronopolis so that 4th door isn't just for show anymore.  Hm now that I think about it I'm gunna have to make it inaccessible till they actually get the epoch.....damn I'll do that tonight.

But if you wanna see final Zeal and the hangar go ahead and take a look.

I've talked to DDK and he says he's busy and that's why Zeal hasn't been done.  I may end up doing it myself I'll give him a little more time.

Changes so far (Not mainplot/Storywise):

King Zeal Sprite
Stat Fixed
Sun Stone Fix
Ferry Cut Scene
Added Hangar Map
New Text Windows
Epoch Text Fixed
Many Bug Fixes

--jp

« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 03:16:11 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 03:49:47 am »
Alrighty I finished up Zeal at night if anyone wants to give me and complains/suggestions go ahead and take a look.  This weekend I'll do the Chronopolis scene and then work on the crucial decision scene.  Unless someone else wants to do it.  I was thinking Belthasar takes his notes and it does a scene with all the monitors in the building going on and the "typing" noise.  Then it cuts to Robo and Belthasar in the top room and Robo saying he found him at 65 MIL crater. 

After these scenes are done it's off to the beta tester to give me work to do while JossiRossi makes us a Dinopolis.

Anyways here's the Patch of the day.

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 06:26:36 pm »
Alrighty here's the patch I want to be beta tested (Mainly talking to cyber but anyone can do it).

Note:  You can't die from any battle, so don't report walking dead bodies or anything.
 Don't report problems with maps
Don't report there being "no music" in a room, this is some weird side affect of TF, but do report if you think a certain sound effect/song fits well.

The coding should be done up till the crucial decision here's a short walk through for all the new stuff

Debug room
Go through and out ocean palace
Recruit Glenn at 600 AD castle
Go to plains west of San Dorino
Go through tunnel
Go in south east forest
make choice
Depending on choice you may have to go to Cathedral to recruit Glenn
Go to chronopolis
talk to Magus w/ Frog in party
Ride Zeal teleporter that goes from main continent to Kajar Continent 8 times
Go in Belthasars Lab in Enhasa (check book on desk)
Watch Chronopolis cut scene
Go to 65 MIL crater.

phew, got more done than I thought I did.  Anyways post suggestions AND bugs please.  I can take criticism and will do whatever I can to make a happy.  Have fun I'm going to focus on Terra tower for awhile while.  Keep up the hard work everyone.

Edit:  See how rough we have it when you aren't here CL...haha.  I attached the patch now.

--jp

« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 06:59:41 pm by jsondag2 »

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 06:30:21 pm »
psst... attatch the patch... :D

I'll make my modifications to this ROM once it's uploaded. :)

Excellent, I'll have a few menu tweaks and King Zeal's AI uploaded as a patch with this current ROM sometime later tonight.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 07:09:14 pm by Chickenlump »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 12:22:08 am »
Um maybe why I didn't get any feedback was because the patch I gave was corrupt.  Here's the same ROM as above but with CL's Zeal.

EDIT:  Chronopolis Elevator may have been corrupt on last post I fixed it.

EDIT Again:  Ha, stupid me I was editing a map in two different locations but it was the same map......ugh I feel dumb.  This patch for real should be good.

--jp

« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 03:09:57 am by jsondag2 »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 09:56:03 am »
The patch worked fine until I hit Enhasa.  Then it was the black screen of Doom

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 10:40:20 am »
Black screen or really dark?  All fo the Zeal areas should be dark.

--jp