Author Topic: Soloing Lavos  (Read 1914 times)

djwang88

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Soloing Lavos
« on: May 27, 2004, 05:09:42 am »
All right, I just casually attempted to fight Lavos with Crono alone, at the very beginning, in New Game +. The trouble is, his first form (after you go into his shell thingy) casts Stop, which sort of sucks, since I have a single fighter. I tried status-protecting equipment, but none of them seemed to work. Any ideas?

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
Soloing Lavos
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 06:41:36 pm »
Hmmm....you're sure you've tried every helmet, including the Vigil Helm and, more importantly, the Prism Helm?  I was pretty sure both of those protected you from stop, at least the Prism Helm.  I've never had that problem soloing against Lavos, although I usually wait until the third game (i.e. second New Game+) to try it.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Soloing Lavos
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 05:34:09 pm »
When I go solo against Lavos, I also equip the Green Dream. Even if you are careful he might get a lucky shot in, so it's nice to have some backup.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Soloing Lavos
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 07:09:53 pm »
Doesn't Lavos have something that nullifies status protection (the last form anyways?)? I'm not sure...Also, although you're trying it solo, you can also try it when you get Marle and before you talk to Taban & Lucca. So then you've got a healer. You get the same ending as well. You can also get the same ending at the Ocean Palace when you fight Lavos there...Normally you lose there quite quickly.

Edit: Oh, right, it's about the FIRST form casting stop...Whoops! I thought it was just in general...

Lazarus Plus

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Soloing Lavos
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 03:37:11 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Doesn't Lavos have something that nullifies status protection (the last form anyways?)? I'm not sure...Also, although you're trying it solo, you can also try it when you get Marle and before you talk to Taban & Lucca. So then you've got a healer. You get the same ending as well. You can also get the same ending at the Ocean Palace when you fight Lavos there...Normally you lose there quite quickly.

Yes, his Lavos Core can get rid of status protections. But not his shell, I know that much for certain.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Soloing Lavos
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 10:32:19 pm »
Soloing Lavos is not that hard, equipt the prism helm, rainbow, gold stud, moon armor and be above lv 50 i guess.  everytime he wears you down just use elixirs.  on the final form, defeat the left err eye with Confuse, then use group attack techs, (mostly luminaire).  balance that with elixirs and you really can't lose.

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Soloing Lavos
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 12:00:48 am »
It's strange, cuz I've never had any problems with Stop.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Soloing Lavos
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 02:10:57 pm »
I'm a little confused, by first form do you mean the shell or the final form? I do not remember the shell having an attack that can make stop. I know the second for has an attack that denies all status saving effects on one person. it's done by one of the hands, it opens up and a circle of black balls hit the player, finishing with a dark bomb esque dome. That carries over to the final form also.

But I never had any probelm with Stop either... especially single time with Crono.

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Soloing Lavos
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 01:40:35 am »
By first form we mean the shell.  And i never noticed that the black circle attack thingy (mentioned above) carries over to the next and final battle...I've never had trouble with it...