Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Remake Project - Unfinished Business  (Read 2926 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Chrono Trigger Remake Project - Unfinished Business
« on: June 01, 2006, 06:51:01 pm »
This was compiled a few months ago. It's a .zip archive that includes much of what the CTRP team were working on, including screenshots of levels and sketches of characters. There are also screenshots of character models and other goodies, including a movie touring the End of Time. Even though it was made months ago, I've been waiting in hopes that the CTRP team would finally add the stuff they missed the first time, including the official art used on the website shortly before they received the C&D order. However, it doesn't seem like they're going to finish it, so here is the final product. Please note that if you want to hear John and bLiNd's contributions, consult Music (Chrono Trigger) and search for Chrono Trigger Remake Project. I discluded them from the .zip file so that it would be not inordinately difficult to download. Speaking of which, you can get it here. Enjoy looking at what CTRP was working on. In other news, the CT Flash Project is officially closing its doors. I wish them well in their future projects.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 07:29:07 pm by ZeaLitY »

Lena Andreia

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ark Forums
Re: Chrono Trigger Remake Project - Unfinished Business
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 12:57:51 am »
 ~__~ The day Square closed that down, part of me died on the inside. I was in Japan at the time and really had to resist the urge to march into their building in a fit. XD Good stuff though, ZeaLitY--thanks for compiling it for us. Though it's sort of sad to see what may have been, it's really cool to see what these guys were capable of.

Cooper

• Guardian (+100)
  • aka Lightningstrike
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 07:33:51 am »
Yeah that was a shock.  :(
I also hope they add the stuff soon.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 01:01:46 pm »
Didn't they say they weren't going to finish it...

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 11:10:32 pm »
I'm pretty sure they can't legally finish it, since they've been issued a cease and desist.  Did they say they were going to?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 12:24:50 am »
That was CTR. They're going to finish it for themselves. For CTRP, I meant that they were going to finish the CTRP Unfinished Business package with the missing concept art, but haven't during the few months since they've said so. That's why I'm releasing rather than waiting any further.

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 09:55:31 pm »
Ah, okay.  Probably a good decision.