Author Topic: A chance for Chickenlump to show off  (Read 3139 times)

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: A chance for Chickenlump to show off
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2006, 11:14:23 am »
You're definately right.  I'll be adding a nice new section to the change log to take account for all the unused space were using now.  All the memory addresses I've used should be documented in there too. I was planning to release the change log as well as the CrimsonEchoes project folder TF uses....I'm guessing that will let them see the location name changes I've made.

--jp

I forgot about that project folder that lets them see the location names and such, excellent idea. This project is shaping up very profesionally. This will be a romhack with extra reading material, kind of like The History of CE and/or the Making of CE extra on a DVD. :) I pretty much have the AI done now, but the ROM is corrupted from me.... corrupting it. :D

I'm pretty sure you've made changes since last night, so I'll have you up a new patch real quick, and modify that and upload my changes right after. If you don't mind of course. (*blush blush*) Now that I'm done experimenting with the pointers and free space and his AI, I can just copy and paste the new data in fairly easily.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2006, 11:16:34 am »
Ugh, apologies....

I had also corrupted the rom haha and thought I could put a new patch up before anyone noticed (the elevator in Chronopolis was dead)

--jp

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2006, 11:26:39 am »
No problem, I'll use the patch I have, and that and the menu's can be redone after.
 :)

AI Data - 58 bytes total
00 00 00 00 FE 02 98 01 00 00 00 02 1D 01 00 00 00 02 45 01 00 00 00 02 37 01 00 00 00 02 98
01 00 00 00 02 69 01 00 00 00 02 EA 01 00 00 00 FE FF 1F 03 00 00 FE 02 7E FE FF

Broken down so it makes sense (you can see the pattern)
00 00 00 00 FE - AI Header (needs to be here, can do other things, but I have it blank for now)
02 98 01 00 00 00 - Magic attack - Crying Heavens (Lightning, used by Lavos)
02 1D 01 00 00 00 - Magic attack - Telekinetic attack (Azala?)
02 45 01 00 00 00 - Magic attack - Crimson Rain (HP Down, one)
02 37 01 00 00 00 - Magic attack - Black Tyrano's flame breath
02 98 01 00 00 00 - Magic attack - Crying Heavens (Lightning, used by Lavos)
02 69 01 00 00 00 - Magic attack - Magic Wall?
02 EA 01 00 00 00 FE FF - Magic attack - Unused(?) rock drop attack/end of first wave
1F 03 00 00 FE 02 7E FE FF -Conditional - If hit with physical attack, CURE SELF (mwa ha ha)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 11:36:59 am by Chickenlump »

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2006, 11:42:23 am »
Let me know how he performs (he destroyed me, he took my soul out through my nose, and burned it before my very eyes.... and THEN he got mean with me... :shock:  Yeah, he's just that bad of a dood.... >_> )
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 12:16:52 pm by Chickenlump »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2006, 11:47:12 am »
oo Can't wait till I get home to try him.  It sounds awesome.

So does he do it in that order and than repeat?  Hm......I wish there was an ultimate Ice attack so that we could have lighting (heaven), fire (rust tyrano) and ice.  Sounds like were going to have a pretty damn awesome boss.

To clarify, we download the latest CE patch from the "check for latest rom" thread right?  That means we shouldn't have to redo the menu's (yay).

--jp

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2006, 11:54:20 am »
Correct, the latest patch you posted, then my patch. If that fails, I'll send you the ROM I have, but it should work as expected.

As far as I know it should repeat, and I can always add in an ice attack, just change one of the attack bytes to whatever is listed at this address:

http://cc.herograw.org/Black/Other/Offsets/attacks.txt

and I'll add it in the spot you want it. I can also add in QUITE A FEW more attacks, depending on how long this battle is supposed to last, so it would seem like he never uses the same spell twice, for a long drawn out diverse battle. If not, we can always do that with later bosses, or a hidden optional boss (like in the Final Fantasy series, totally optional, hidden, harder than the final boss, get good stuff for completing this optional quest type thing).
The last 00 in the spell scripts (the ones that start with 02) is the message box string for the spell. They are all empty, so no box is brought up, but I added them in in case you wanted King Zeal to say something or pronounce the spells, new or old, before he casts them.

This is a completely made from scratch AI script, no copy and paste from any other enemy, so for anyone else reading this that can try this out, let me know of any suggestions, or errors. Any balancing of the enemy can be done with a stat modifying program to help balance him out strenght wise, or speed wise for the speed of his casting, spell strength, etc...

-edit-
I attempted to encode a video of a battle with him. I will certainly tweak his AI upon request if you think things don't flow just right. It's a 7 MB video, encoded from snes9x, don't worry if it doesn't work, you probably need a codec for it (if you don't already have it), so this is frivolous really. :)

http://chickenlump.googlepages.com/ZealIsABadMan.avi

Also, use this patch instead (delete the other one). I think I messed it up, so this one should be OK. It's early. ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 12:15:19 pm by Chickenlump »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2006, 12:06:40 pm »
Before I say anything final I better try him out but iIf 5A, looks like an ice attack we may replace one of the rain from heavens with that, so that he has all the elements.

I was thinking that maybe the Coliseum Hard difficulty might be able to have ....super enemies..  Like the first fight willl be a super imp, second fight super gargoyle etc.  And we can give them the best of their species attacks.  So much advancement is happening now, it's really exciting. 

--jp

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2006, 12:16:19 pm »
Read my last post (if you missed it) for a better patch. I think I messed the last one up. I'm going to delete it right now so it doesn't spread too far.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2006, 12:36:17 pm »
I'm gonna try him soon, gotto so schoolstuff first(we aren't finished yet, still 4 more weeks to go...)

Sry that I wans't that specific, I just meant different colour like in this menue(i hope you didn't mean these once)*see pic*

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2006, 02:41:39 pm »
Here my .srm for testing the fight vs Zeal, just get the .srm file in the packet and rename it, save your old one, and have fun.

1st save is before the 2nd fight vs Zeal
2nd save is before the 1st fight against Zeal
3rd save is in front of Crono's House(for a short way to the debug room)

If another rom comes out, you can use this .srm and use NG+.

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2006, 12:47:38 am »
Which attacks would you guys like to see swapped out with other attacks? I did like the idea of Zeal using all of the elements, which would mean I would have to give him MORE spells, including some shadow magic, but since he is the king of Zeal, the magic kingdom, he probably should have quite the arsenal of spells...

One Ice, one shadow, replace the magic wall spell (or fix it, I probably just set the targetting incorrectly on that one, I'll have a look at how that spell is written in Magus' AI list...).

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2006, 02:22:37 am »
I think the "blue circle" might be a good ice.....but I need to see it.   As for shadow obvious choice is dark matter considering his son.   Could Magic wall be a magic counter?  And is adding a status affect a bit that you can change or is it built into the attack itself.  I would like to see him cause some form of a status effect even if it's just poison.

--jp
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 02:24:29 am by jsondag2 »

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2006, 03:42:26 am »
I think the "blue circle" might be a good ice.....but I need to see it.   As for shadow obvious choice is dark matter considering his son.   Could Magic wall be a magic counter?  And is adding a status affect a bit that you can change or is it built into the attack itself.  I would like to see him cause some form of a status effect even if it's just poison.

--jp

I know that you can cause just about any status effect by physical attack in Chrono Tweaker. By poison, do you mean the 'HP Leak' effect? I know the prerelease had a proper poison status effect, but all I remember from CT final is the HP leak. :/
Magic counter's I could probably fumble with here shortly. I know there are counters for the individual (probably flag based) magic types, shadow, lighting, fire, ice, etc... I'm not sure about an all encompassing magic counter attack. I'm not even sure if my physical attack counter is working correctly (my tests were foiled by Zeal snuffing me out before I could get to it, despite my infinite HP codes... heh... >_>     <_< )

Blue Circle is just a blue ring that expands to the radius shown in the attatched picture (not all that big, it makes a noise, the screen tints blue, and that's about it)

CFC7A - Zeal's first attack. Change to any value on the list to change his first attack to anything on the attacks list, if you wish to peruse what's available. To be edited in a Hex Editor (like XVI32). I'll look for a suitable 'newish' ice attack. Use the save game above to go directly to the battle (it was extrememly helpful). :) Thanks CyberSarkany, it's very useful!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 03:56:15 am by Chickenlump »

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2006, 09:18:14 am »
There was this Water/Ice attack Queen Zeal used in her 2nd Form, "Hexagon Mist"(looking like this Star of David) or something, I think that's the ultimate water attack. I don't know what attacks all could be used, gotto thnk about it...

No problem(about the savegame), trying to help is my job.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2006, 03:34:26 pm »
Hm, so much I wanna ask of you CL...

Would you be able to look into making Cyrus Ghost not "auto end"? 

Also in the "note about Zeal at night" I mentioned what I was going to do to make Zeal's sky black, I don't wanna try it yet because you mentioned it's compressed.  What would I have to do differently?

--jp