Author Topic: Corruption investigation  (Read 1856 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption investigation
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 10:39:56 am »
It was definately the OW Exit.  The names are working fine now.  I haven't tried the make more exits than we need solution yet (I took another exit we weren't using instead), but I will try that solution later because we will need more exits when we get to sidequests.  If this fixes that horribly annoying error from popping up every time we open the Overworld I'd be so happy.

p.s.  Have you gotten a chance to see if those patches in the treasure chest project are the right size?

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 10:43:37 pm »
K, I'm reviving this, I think it may be a weird bug in TF.

The 1999 tile properties pretty much suck (understandably) so for the first time I'm trying to edit them...but every time I edit them when I reload my rom and go out I can't walk.  BUT if I hit my menu then close I can walk......no idea what's going on hoping you do.

I added Belthasar to the debug room he'll load you infront of a ladder that leads to 1999. 

--jp

[attachment deleted by admin]

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 03:53:30 am »
In any fairly recent version of the ROM (atleast in the month of august) the Masamune is weird looking, it looks like it may be the wrong pallete.  This does not take priority over fixing 1999 OW properties but it is going to definately be a problem later on in the story. 

--jp

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 02:50:07 am »
I think i solved the problem to the Magus power glitch ;) I used TF to directly edit his stats you can check the 1/14/2008 thread in my rom hacking section. to view it, also i just tested to see if the glitch accures from going from level 1 to level 2 from his his level 1 stats, and things are going well. apparently the editor that one of you used didn't edit right and messed up character data. it's late right now, but i can give you a helping hand tomorrow on how to get his stats down by event code in CT.

the only thing about his level 1 stats is everything but his hp and mp and speed are hard coded. so it his hp and mp can be off from that picture. anyway, goodnight.

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 04:21:10 pm »
That bug with Magus' power stat was caused by the editor CTEC changing an incorrect address in one of the stat fields.  IIRC, jasondag fixed it in CE a while ago.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 04:49:14 pm »
It was definately due to CTEC, it'll take me awhile to find the thread, I can't remember if I made a nice patch for it, if we do dig up the thread we should definately put it on the Wiki for later, since were not doing any hard changes to the rom till the end.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 05:08:32 pm »
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,2577.15.html

There's the thread where the bug was fixed.  JLukas, can we apply this patch to any rom?  I'm trying to compile a list of patches we will eventually apply to CE.

--JP

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 05:29:40 pm »
Yes, the bytes it changes are static.  IOW, it's data that won't be moved around while using TF.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 01:23:59 am »
JLukas,

I went to grab the Lv 1 Magus Patch and the link had gotten removed in an edit.  Don't suppose you still have that patch lying around somewhere?  I'm guessing you may have stored it on herograw and that server....died. 

If not it's cool maybe I'll make my own stat editor that doesn't have the CTEC glitch.

EDIT:  Actually I found the following patch.  It was called statfix1.ips on my HD.  Can you verify that this is it.  The only issue is I think this FIXED what CTEC, i'm not sure if it applied the Level one stats (cause they were already level one before).

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 01:29:16 am by jsondag2 »