Author Topic: Want a new Chrono game?  (Read 88804 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Want a new Chrono game?
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2008, 10:37:21 pm »
i would BUY a DS for chrono.

Oatmeal1209

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Porrean (+50)
  • ROCK THE F**K OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2008, 10:43:31 pm »
I'd totally buy a Chrono or RD remake for DS, or maybe even for PSP.  I own both, so it's all good to me, as long as it's handheld.  Also, a Dead Like Me movie is being made?  *checks google*

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2008, 08:30:59 am »
I probably wouldn't, mainly because I have student loans coming out of my ass, among everything else.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2008, 05:23:23 pm »
yeah, student loans here, too...  but i could always NOT buy some other games (or trade stuff in) and get a cheap DS (see: used)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2008, 03:46:34 pm »
You could just buy the CT DS & then get a DS emulator! Don't have to bother supporting Ninny itself, just the Chrono series! :P

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2008, 03:48:03 pm »
true dat...  true dat...

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2008, 12:04:03 pm »
I still want it to be remade for PS3 because of the awesome graphics.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2008, 12:13:36 pm »
I am surprised, many games(not all) I can't tell the difference between ps3 and 360. Sure I now the ps3 is stronger but its the creators skill more then the console. look at shadow of the colossus on the ps2 for example. the ps2 is the weakest system in its generation and yet that was by far one of the most beautiful game of its generation, and still better then many current gen games.

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Toma The Explorer!! TOMA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2008, 05:11:36 am »
Yes indeed Kebrel, what an awesome game Shadow of the Colossus was. Games are not only flashy graphics though, its also the heart.  :)  Chrono Trigger did that for me, and by the time i first played it, the ps1 and its numerous higher graphic quality games were already out.

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2008, 03:01:45 am »
It's like God of War for PSP, the PSP is weaker than the PS2 but this guysmade a great work...
In CT I saw almost PSX 2d graphis for the Super Nintendo.

Korro

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Does a time egg hatch a time bird?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2008, 09:54:41 pm »
For a new chrono game, we oughta do some of the downright insane things that starmen.net does.

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2008, 09:56:51 pm »
It's like God of War for PSP, the PSP is weaker than the PS2 but this guysmade a great work...
In CT I saw almost PSX 2d graphis for the Super Nintendo.

Anyone rememb er the Kingdom Hearts Card Battling game for the GBA? They put CGI sequences into that, if I remember correctly. That's just downright amazing.

brifye19

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • The black wind howls again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2008, 01:13:52 am »
 :x I'm so sick of people wanting Square Enix To do a chrono Trigger Game. Square Enix Does Not have the same people Square soft had. The Game would get butchered thus resulting in pissed off Chrono Trigger Fans. If you don't believe me than look at how the Final Fantasy Series was butchered and destroyed by Square Enix.

Chrono Trigger was developed by a group that Square called the "Dream Team", consisting of Hironobu Sakaguchi, Kazuhiko Aoki, and composer Nobuo Uematsu—known for their works on the Final Fantasy series—and Yuuji Horii and artist Akira Toriyama, developers for the Dragon Quest series.

*note* These people are now not the Brains behind Square Enix, So the people who would create the game would just slaughter it. 

Now If the Dream Team Made a new chrono game it would be awesome. some of the dream team still work together lost odyssee was a great game that kept the basics.

I Prefer Graphics Over Gameplay!!
I would Dread Playing a Chrono Game on a handheld Console. I want to play it on a normal screen! Geez The best bet for a new Chrono game is the fan made ones.

Us Fans truly have the game at heart!

Next time don't double post, please.
                              ~V_Translanka

« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 01:36:37 am by V_Translanka »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2008, 02:07:04 am »
Sakaguchi was just a supervisor...His directorial work gave us Spirits Within!...hooray...? >_> I think we can let him go off with his Blue Dragon & Lost Odyssey...Unnecessary for a new Chrono game.

Aoki, producer (hooray for nothing titles!), brought together the CT team...otherwise...? He recently did battle design for FFIII DS so he's still working for Square.

Uematsu, who ended up doing very little arranging for CT, also still works with Square (he's gonna be working on the XIII with Masashi Hamauzu...The REAL composer for the Chrono series is and always will be Yasunori Mitsuda, who is freelance.

Horii, creator of the DQ series, was another supervisor for CT (how many damn supervisors did it need?)...Well, whatever...he heads Armor Project, which deals EXCLUSIVELY with Square-Enix.

Akira Toriyama, who did an awesome job w/CT's character designs...continues to work w/Square-Enix as the character designer for the Dragon Quest series (as he always has been)...

Masato Kato, the man you didn't mention and that wasn't part of the big hubabaloo known as the "Dream Team" (which was really more of an attention grabbing name w/a lot of attention grabbing names in it when you look at that list carefully), was the main Story Planner behind the series and thus the guy that matters most if we want a true Chrono game. TRUE he's now a freelance scenario writer, having left Square after FFXI came out...BUT he's since worked w/Square in a few Seiken Densetsu/Mana games.

So, the only thing in the way of we the fans and a sequel is getting the people that MATTER...and right now they seem busy or whatever...getting together the right team is essential...

But, I think people were mainly talking about a remake, which wouldn't require as much to be great (as seen in FFIII DS, FFIV DS, & DQIV DS)...and who cares if the remake is on a handheld? Handheld games are great...and besides, if you want it on a bigger screen, emulate, HA!

Quote from: brifye19
Us Fans truly have the game at heart!

Have you read the bad fanfics out there? Not all fans know it very good at all. Heck, not even people in the Compendium have it down pat. Kato is the only real god of the Chronoverse. We just live in it. ^_^

brifye19

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • The black wind howls again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2008, 01:33:47 pm »
This isn't telling me much. The fact that their hasnt been much talk on a new chrono game or a re-release goes to show me that the franchise isn't thought about that much. The only people who are talking about new games is the fans of the game.

So what can you do.

My marquee meant to say

I prefer gameplay over graphics!