Author Topic: Want a new Chrono game?  (Read 88774 times)

ProjectoR

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Want a new Chrono game?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2007, 07:25:07 pm »
there probably isnt going to be a chrono 3, cause no1 has even truly finished chrono CROSS yet, the locked door remains locked in the developers room.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2007, 07:27:38 pm »
Almost no one has ever managed to beat the totally broken final boss in SaGa Frontier 2, and yet we still got Unlimited Saga...

Well, at least this time almost nobody even played that weird Unlimited Saga game at all.

ProjectoR

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2007, 04:25:49 am »
looool  :D

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 07:17:18 pm »
Almost no one has ever managed to beat the totally broken final boss in SaGa Frontier 2, and yet we still got Unlimited Saga...

Well, at least this time almost nobody even played that weird Unlimited Saga game at all.

I loved Unlimited Saga. :x

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2007, 06:49:35 pm »
[/glow]In all retrospect I don't think there is any one who comes in (metaphorically speaking) contact with this site who Dosen't want a new Chrono game. So I think the real question is who dosen't want a new Chrono game? I'lll guess that maybe 1...or 2 people will say yes, C'mon were all fans of this series so our answer is yes so lets start discussing an how to get Square-Enix to notice the fan community. lets band together and have a convention, and call it Chrono Con. If were lucky a gaming mag. Company will take notice and then an article of the event is in their Magizine and S-E (hopefully) sees and takes notice of the Chrono fan base. we have to show them there is greater profit in creating another Chrono game than making another Final Fantasy.

Zanis

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2007, 01:59:12 am »
actually in the aug 2007 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly mag there is a section towards the back about sequels that never came but are wanted and chrono trigger is listed. so at least one magazine agrees with our plight.. although it doesnt mean another game is coming.. unfortuneatly........   in an unrelated matter i read somewhere on a news report type site that the makers of Super Smash Bros. were in talks w/ square enix to put crono in SSBB. ne one kno nething about that?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2007, 02:18:58 am »
in an unrelated matter i read somewhere on a news report type site that the makers of Super Smash Bros. were in talks w/ square enix to put crono in SSBB. ne one kno nething about that?

No. What site?

Zanis

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2007, 03:39:54 am »
ahh shoot i cant find the website ne more (as i saw it several months ago like in may) sorry.. but from wut i can remember they were talking to third company parties that had games on ne nintendo system.. i.e. capcom, square soft.. err enix.. the article said it's sources were from some swedish site.. havent heard nething about it since..ah well we can only hope..

Ryokushin

• Iokan (+1)
  • Caffeine Addicted Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2007, 11:46:58 pm »
Okay let me put it like this for everyone.  I would love to have a new Chrono game, I would love for a remake of Chrono Trigger.  But as much as I would love it, there are rarely superior sequels to games.  I mean, A Link to the Past, and Secret of Mana are perfect examples.

A Link to the Past was a wonderful game, and that put the first two games to shame.  And Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask were still good, however they were all for naught because they didn't fulfill the shoes that A Link to the Past had put down for them to step into.  And all of the following games were decent, but they still didn't fulfill the legacy that A Link to the Past put down.  ( I haven't played Twilight Princess, so I don't know about that )

Secret of Mana was great, too.  Legend of Mana, Dawn of Mana, Children of Mana and Sword of Mana(I think that's the name?) didn't fill the shoes Secret did. 

And I don't know about you guys, but I loved Chrono Trigger much more than I loved Chrono Cross.  It may just be my opinion, but Chrono Trigger is the best game ever made.  And for them to make a sequel or a prequel to this game could either hurt our thoughts of what Squaresoft(enix) can do now or make them an even better group.  But to make a sequel or a prequel they would have to get the original team back and work on the game.

I loved Chrono Trigger, and I do want them to make another Chrono game, however I don't want to be terribly disappointed at what may or may not have been done.  That's just my opinion.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2007, 07:58:31 pm »
Most people will argue with you about LttP>OoT, but I won't. ^_^

Sword of Mana was a remake of the original Seiken Densetsu and it definately did overfill those shoes. As for those other Mana games, I haven't played them and don't know if the same teams worked on them all, but I HAVE played Seiken Densetsu III/"Secret of Mana II" and it is better than Seiken Densetsu II/Secret of Mana.

I don't think anyone wants a disappointing Chrono sequal, but the fact is that the team behind the Chrono series has yet to disappoint us, so I think we can trust them with a fourth game.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2007, 08:12:41 pm »
Most people will argue with you about LttP>OoT, but I won't. ^_^

As for those other Mana games, I haven't played them and don't know if the same teams worked on them all, but I HAVE played Seiken Densetsu III/"Secret of Mana II" and it is better than Seiken Densetsu II/Secret of Mana.

Quoted for TRUTH.

Corona!01

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Jack of All Trades
    • View Profile
    • Kagero Studios
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2007, 09:36:39 pm »
i read somewhere on a news report type site that the makers of Super Smash Bros. were in talks w/ square enix to put crono in SSBB. ne one kno nething about that?
I heard about that, too. It was actually just a contest Nintendo of Japan opened up. They took multiple non-Nintendo owned game characters (MegaMan, Solid Snake, Crash Bandicoot and the like) and asked fans who they'd like to see in Brawl. Guess Crono was on that list, but we all know who won :|

Frog Lady

• Iokan (+1)
  • "We haveth our own will!
    • View Profile
    • My fanfic, The Long Weekend
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2007, 05:53:29 am »
I heard about that, too. It was actually just a contest Nintendo of Japan opened up. They took multiple non-Nintendo owned game characters (MegaMan, Solid Snake, Crash Bandicoot and the like) and asked fans who they'd like to see in Brawl. Guess Crono was on that list, but we all know who won :|

What a pity. I can just imagine Crono in there. He'd own with his cyclone (I think they would put that in) and very probably his Lightning magic.

Gamer8585

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2007, 10:11:45 pm »

What a pity. I can just imagine Crono in there. He'd own with his cyclone (I think they would put that in) and very probably his Lightning magic.

Personally, I think they would have had Crono play too much like Link, with only a couple of unique flourishes for fan service (The temptation would be there). Well I would have still played it and pretended like it was Chrono 3 regardless.

I wish there was a way to get SE moving on a 3rd Chrono game. Its kinda hard to show support for the franchise if they don't put out any material to buy. Even if its not a game, they could license merchandise (T-Shirts, Action Figures, Sound Tracks, Costumes, Props, etc.) they could pimp out CT/CC characters for other franchises: Chrono in Dragon Quest, Frog in Zelda, Lucca in Resident Evil, Ayla in DDR, Magus in Legacy of Kain, Marle in Mario, Serge in Suikoden, Nikki in Guitar Hero, Kid in Tomb Raider...C'mon people this stuff writes itself.

Although if they do make Chrono 3 and it includes a new cast and unconnected story, ala Cross, I would hope there would be a few returning characters (ie. Crono, Serge, Magus, Schala (Sara)/Kid etc.) playable or at least few side quests to flesh out what happened to them. I would have soooo loved if they kept Magus in CC...couldn't they have axed 10-20 other characters instead of Magus? He's worth at least that many!

BTW: OOT > ALTTP. ALTTP is one of my favorite game (I wore out the SNES cart), but I gotta say OOT is a superior game overall.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2007, 10:56:31 pm »
Crono Moveset

B moves

Standard - Cyclone: all of you are expecting it to be like Links I bet. WRONG! It's more like Jiggles' rollout attack but it u can control it's movement(I know Jiggles can to but I mean full control) or let it stand if you want.

Side - *haven't decided*

Up - Confuse - Jumps up into the air, then comes downs with a couple of slashes that are like Kirby's up B.

Down - Lightning 2 - Basically like Pikachu's down B except wider and goes from him, upwards.

Smash Moves

Side - Slash - Drags his katana across the ground and lifts it up to the air in a slash. The slash also goes and equivalent of two kirby and a half far.

Up - no name just a stab up into the air

Down - once more no name just drags the katana across the ground forward to back and forward to back

Final Smash - Luminair